Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

All I can say is wow! I don't know how you do it.

I'm sorry to hear about Jeff's coworker. :hug:

That was a nice success in the fundraising department for your friends. Congratulations.:thumbsup2

Nice purchases for your trips.

And glad you got your rooms for NYE. Sorry your mom and dad are being undecisive and hope that all gets settled soon.

I'm not sure undecisive is the right word, just not aligned at the moment. :lmao: They will figure it out. Lots of strong folks with strong opinions and I'm sure it will work out.

The rest, is just life, it just keeps us busy doesn't it :goodvibes

Cynthia , How in the World do you do it !!!:confused3My mind is spinning !!!!I tookthe day off today from my full time job as I had 2 meetings for my part time job:rotfl2:Some day off!! Well it started off wonderfully with Breakfast out with Kyle and Judy as Kyle was receiving Student of the montn for his class , so of course I had to go !! Then I was OFF to meeting #1 and then to the car wash as some sweet sould had egged my car , took 2 trips through plus detailing to remove it :furious:Not even sure if it happened on my block or at work !!:confused3 Then it was time to pay bills:sad::sad:and off to the Post Office to mail them where I encounted a huge line as some guy was mailing 50+ packages and a woman whose english was poor thought the guy could pay her bills I think !!:hyper::(It was ridiculous !! Then it was time for meeting #2 Sooo not exactly a fun filled day ;):rotfl2:

I am EXHAUSTED reading that Rosie!

I'm very sorry to hear about Jeff's coworker as well, but happy to hear the fundraiser for your other friends was very successful.

The E's sound very busy but I am happy to hear they are both so passionate about music.

France this summer for K sounds wonderful.

Yeah for getting your reservation. Boo for the difficulties that are bound to arise for the people unsure about their accommodations.

However, I gotta say that for the money the rest of the group could probably find a rental car and a house for cheaper than POP. How about Bonnet Creek as a possibility for the rest of the crew? I'm honestly not sure how many still need accommodations. You know I always have trouble following your trip plans. :rotfl:

Were it at a different time of year I think that could be a great option and it's
been discussed. 3 issues with it. One, my BIL does NOT want to share a room with anyone. Apparently that extends to a 1B/2B villa and presumably a house. Second, parking if they are staying offsite will be a nightmare for them. Total, utter nightmare. Lots closed this year, many times and as offiste guests if they do level closings, they won't get in. Third, again due to the crowds and time of year, having those extra magic hours really will be critical.

They don't want to rent a car or be tied up dealing with getting in and out of the parks at those times. Getting back to an offsite resort on NYE I've read can take up to 2 hours if you are driving :sad2:

Right now, officially, it is just the 2 couples that need rooms. My parent and then youngest SIS/BIL. I get the not sharing, my mom snores like a Banshee and BIL/SIS are in many ways, still newlyweds and this will be his first big family trip (and he comes from a SMALL family) but it does drive up the cost for them. There are the other wildcards but officially, now, it's just those 4.

Oy. Just. Oy!

All you've got going on makes my head spin. Life just gets nuts and we just have to plow through it, right? We are in the midst of one of our busiest weeks, and I will be so glad when it's over!! Sunday night! Luckily for me, I get to go on a girls' weekend scrapbooking tomorrow night! Have to come back early for more kid stuff, but that's okay. I get a couple nights/days away!

I'm glad things are working out (at least some of it!) for your future trips!
France sounds great!
How fun that the Es are getting so into the music and playing together too.

France will be cool. The big bummer as compared to the E's trip is that as best I can tell...no fundraising. So it's a big chunk of change to come up with. Thankfully with the boys we will have 2+ years to be raising funds and the band/school works very hard at that piece of it. Have a great girls weekend, that sounds fun! Life is nuts. Heads down and forge on!

You certainly have a full plate. ::yes::

I am glad that the boys are into music. I have always been a bit envious of people who can play instruments, as I have had no talent for that ever.

A trip to Ireland will be a nice perk! How cool! :thumbsup2

To a degree it's like anything, if you work at it and have passion, it can go a lot farther than natural talent. My dad is tone deaf (I swear) and yet he's taken piano lessons as an adult, bell choir, you name it, at least trying. He still doesn't have an ear but it's fun to see him try.

Eric has more natural talent at it than Evan but Evan works a lot harder and is more passionate and it really shows. I can't imagine a life or a house without music. It's what brought Jeff and I together (Jazz specifically) and I'm thrilled to see it living in our kids.

Ireland will be cool. Jeff and I will likely go but NOT chaperone. :thumbsup2

Just wow! That is a lot going on!

I'm glad that some of the sadder events of your week were counterbalanced by some really special family events. I love the way you shared the importance of the 6th grade concert- it made it a lot more meaningful to read about.

Isn't it funny how something like that can be such a pivotal moment? You just never know!

There is always good, sometimes it's harder to look for it but it's always there. Evan did floor me with telling me he was glad I was at the Jazz Festival though. And literally hung with me a fair amount, as did his friends :thumbsup2

I'm sure it will never happen again.

I can't even imagine what it is like trying to plan a trip for a group as large as you have for NYE, especially with so many people with situations "up in the air"

Breathe in the pretty colors, breathe out the bad. That's my mantra

That and I can only control me. Okay I might control Jeff and the E's too. :lmao:

And who in their right mind would go to Disney with all those teens?

Oh. Wait.

Never mind!

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

At least I'm related to all of them! They are good kids and blessed to have cousins close in age that they are close to but OH the volume when together?

It will be...interesting and I confess to hoping that not all go for all 9 nights so we have some just for the 4 of us. Just a couple but that would really help I think.

Yes, Gabby has been nagging me to start our online bathing suit shopping but I'm in denial over how mushy I've become. My lack of movement, while not showing on the scale, shows in how everything fits. :scared: It's no bueno.

Okay, maybe not total crap but 80/20 crap. ;)

Sorry to hear about Jeff's co-worker. I hope the others will get good news in their fight.

Now, a marching band trip to Dublin sounds way cool. What an amazing trip that would be!

The family WDW plans have me :faint:

We finally decided when we travel with extended family, we just say: "Here's our plan, and here's where we'll be. If you're in the same place at the same time, great!":rotfl2:

Yes, Gabby has been nagging me to start our online bathing suit shopping but I'm in denial over how mushy I've become. My lack of movement, while not showing on the scale, shows in how everything fits. :scared: It's no bueno.

I hear you there! My stupid neck and elbow keep me from doing so many things that it is frustrating as heck. By the suit, it will motivate you!

Okay, maybe not total crap but 80/20 crap. ;)

Ok, I'll give you 80/20. Focus on the 20!

Sorry to hear about Jeff's co-worker. I hope the others will get good news in their fight.

Thanks me too!

Now, a marching band trip to Dublin sounds way cool. What an amazing trip that would be!

It is pretty darn cool. Our district has a long history of band trips. I grew up in the district and back then they'd do an every 4 year trip to Europe in the summer (3 weeks) with a joint concert band comprised of kids from all 3 high schools that wanted to go. It was an AMAZING experience, though it does have some funny stories of its own. I could hardly keep my kids from going, knowing what a defining moment it was for me in so many ways.

Of course it's even cooler to march on St Patrick's day, in Dublin...in a kilt, with bagpipes and Scottish dancers. Not that either boy plans to join the pipe band but it's still darn cool.

The family WDW plans have me :faint:

We finally decided when we travel with extended family, we just say: "Here's our plan, and here's where we'll be. If you're in the same place at the same time, great!":rotfl2:

That has been our approach in the past. I just hope that they don't make a choice that has them so snarled getting to and from the parks and limiting hours that it really mucks up the experience. It will be so crowded that I do worry about it and frankly, dad's protests to the contrary, I worry he will need a place to rest mid day and offsite is not nearly as easy for that. He can use our villa of course but I want it to be as easy as possible for them and fear they are making it harder.

Is it your birthday today, Cynthia?

Glad I caught it on time.

party::bday:HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ALLES LIEBE UND GUTE ZU DEINEM GEBURTSTAG!:bday:party:

Happy Birthday, Cynthia.

eeyore-2.jpg

...I did "walk" the Boardwalk reservation for 3 days and am glad I did. Of course I am now terrified that it will be too noisy for Jeff and he will whine about it for 6 nights, even though he was the most insistent on having that. I'm packing earplugs.
plans to start a business so....we will see how that all plays out.

As far as Boardwalk noise, I recommend bringing a white-noise machine with you. We don't travel without one anymore, it really makes a big difference! We have one in each bedroom at home (we started using them when my oldest was a baby, it allowed DH and I to watch TV at night without disturbing her) and I'd have a hard time sleeping without one now.
It especially makes sense when you travel, though...when you're in a situation where you can't control the noise of those around you :thumbsup2
There are some very small ones.

Glad you got what you wanted for NYE!! We also just made our plans for next year, and availability at BWV in 1-BR SV was wide open.:cool1:

I hope you take a break today and enjoy your day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CYNTHIA!!
party::bday:party::cake:

Thanks Sheree!:goodvibes

Is it your birthday today, Cynthia?

Glad I caught it on time.

party::bday:HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ALLES LIEBE UND GUTE ZU DEINEM GEBURTSTAG!:bday:party:

Thanks Karin!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday, Cynthia.

eeyore-2.jpg

Thanks Kathy!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill!:goodvibes

:cheer2:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :dance3:

Thanks Tammie!:goodvibes

As far as Boardwalk noise, I recommend bringing a white-noise machine with you. We don't travel without one anymore, it really makes a big difference! We have one in each bedroom at home (we started using them when my oldest was a baby, it allowed DH and I to watch TV at night without disturbing her) and I'd have a hard time sleeping without one now.
It especially makes sense when you travel, though...when you're in a situation where you can't control the noise of those around you :thumbsup2
There are some very small ones.

Glad you got what you wanted for NYE!! We also just made our plans for next year, and availability at BWV in 1-BR SV was wide open.:cool1:

Is that what you booked? That is wonderful. :thumbsup2 It seems like 1B's have a lot more options or go later than the studios or 2B's. Which I guess makes sense since a studio sleeps the same but is a lot less points. So, we will be neighbors? What are your dates?

I'm double glad my ressies are handled as, as of today, I'm locked out of the site. So frustrating. It keeps trying to link my member account to by Disney "my experience" one and then comes back as having invalid numbers. Which they aren't and apparently is a known issue but the end effect is I can't get into the members site until it's resolved. At least it's working on the Disney Exp side of things, I can see the ressies are still there.

It's going to be an adjustment being in studio in Aulani after all the 1B's all summer. I am going to really miss not having that full kitchen and laundry.

I've always wondered how Jeff would do with a white noise machine, he is SO ridiculously sensitive I've often wondered if it would be it's own distraction or annoyance. Sounds that will lull me to sleep, rain on the roof, the surf, the rush of the river at our cabin...keep him awake.

Is that what you booked? That is wonderful. :thumbsup2 It seems like 1B's have a lot more options or go later than the studios or 2B's. Which I guess makes sense since a studio sleeps the same but is a lot less points. So, we will be neighbors? What are your dates?

I'm double glad my ressies are handled as, as of today, I'm locked out of the site. So frustrating. It keeps trying to link my member account to by Disney "my experience" one and then comes back as having invalid numbers. Which they aren't and apparently is a known issue but the end effect is I can't get into the members site until it's resolved. At least it's working on the Disney Exp side of things, I can see the ressies are still there.

It's going to be an adjustment being in studio in Aulani after all the 1B's all summer. I am going to really miss not having that full kitchen and laundry.

I've always wondered how Jeff would do with a white noise machine, he is SO ridiculously sensitive I've often wondered if it would be it's own distraction or annoyance. Sounds that will lull me to sleep, rain on the roof, the surf, the rush of the river at our cabin...keep him awake.

Our dates do overlap, ours are 12/26/13 through 1/3/14. :)

I called MS to make the ressie, because we have two different member numbers (1st contract we bought direct, but the 2nd one was resale) and I had to transfer points between accounts, so I didn't deal with the website this time. 2BRs are definitely harder to get, but while having more space would mean we wouldn't have to bring the inflatable bed, the kids claim not to mind taking turns on it so we can use less points!

The DVC website is annoying even when it's working properly; I hope your account gets fixed soon!

I get what you're saying about the white noise machine, not everybody likes them.

Sorry that I am late, but I still wanted to say Happy Birthday! I hope you had a gret day!

I am very sorry that you have to deal with so much illness in your circle of friends and family. I can only imagine how straining that must be!

Our dates do overlap, ours are 12/26/13 through 1/3/14. :)

I called MS to make the ressie, because we have two different member numbers (1st contract we bought direct, but the 2nd one was resale) and I had to transfer points between accounts, so I didn't deal with the website this time. 2BRs are definitely harder to get, but while having more space would mean we wouldn't have to bring the inflatable bed, the kids claim not to mind taking turns on it so we can use less points!

Oh interesting, I thought if you bought resale if it was in the same UY it kept the same membership #, only changing if the UY's were different. Is that not the case?

I love less points! I will need to get an inflatable twin bed for our trip, do you keep one in an owners locker or just bring it down with you?

:thumbsup2 for overlapping dates!

The DVC website is annoying even when it's working properly; I hope your account gets fixed soon!

Looks like it's hitting everyone, lots of chatter on FB and the DVC forum about it. What a pain.

I get what you're saying about the white noise machine, not everybody likes them.

I probably wouldn't mind it at all and Evan uses his radio as one sometimes (it has a white noise feature) but Jeff is my problem child. :rotfl: I told him we needed to pack earplugs and he wasn't happy about it and I reminded him that he was the one who was insistent on BW view. Which at anytime would be louder I think but certainly around NYE.

Sorry that I am late, but I still wanted to say Happy Birthday! I hope you had a gret day!

Thanks! It was a nice day.

I am very sorry that you have to deal with so much illness in your circle of friends and family. I can only imagine how straining that must be!

It really seems unending, just when someone gets better, someone gets worse. Jeff's mom had a nasty fall and we are waiting to see if she will need surgery for nerve damage. Sigh. It really does make you want to run away to Disney.

All caught up here and

party: :bday: party: I am late but I hope you enjoyed your day.

You are fabulous at doing the big family planning thing. Not sure if I could keep my sanity. :lmao:

:cool1: for the boys and the music festival. Ireland - such a great carrot to dangle.

Poolrat said:
All caught up here and

party: :bday: party: I am late but I hope you enjoyed your day.

You are fabulous at doing the big family planning thing. Not sure if I could keep my sanity. :lmao:

:cool1: for the boys and the music festival. Ireland - such a great carrot to dangle.

Thanks! It was a nice day. Well as nice as it can be between work and kids school projects lol.

I think the thing that helps on this trip is the fact that the whole gang is pretty darn into Disney and I think once logistics are more set it will be fun for all to plan together. I just need to be ok with others doing it on their own timeframe and that's a little hard. I do have faith it will all work out.

Stew_Mouse said:
Really enjoy your reviews! You are an engaging storyteller!

Thank you so much!

Oh interesting, I thought if you bought resale if it was in the same UY it kept the same membership #, only changing if the UY's were different. Is that not the case?

I love less points! I will need to get an inflatable twin bed for our trip, do you keep one in an owners locker or just bring it down with you?

:thumbsup2 for overlapping dates!

We have February and August use years...and two membership #s. It would be so much easier if they were the same!

We shlep the bed back and forth with us - it fits nicely in a rolling carry-on with some room to spare! We actually tried OL when they first started, it's a great idea for some people, but we found it to be kind of expensive for us. We were going to WDW more frequently back then, and mostly wanted OL for the bed, but for various reasons we quit after a year.

Don't forget to pack a twin fitted sheet, it doesn't take up much room and it makes the bed more comfortable:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter