Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

I love the beach shots! It looks so peaceful and empty early in the morning. That is crazy about room service being closed so early though, I don't think I've ever heard of that happening anywhere before. Can't wait to read about the cruise!

Great pics of the beach. It looks so peaceful.

Yikes again for patchy internet - looks like you got a taste of the internet on the Disney ships. ;)
NO room service SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad Jeff was able to get some pancakes from the restaurant! :thumbsup2
AND, you are on your way to the DREAM! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Beautiful pictures from your walk (Jeff's run) on the beach. I love the beach first thing in the morning...so peaceful.

I can't believe room service was closed, but glad Jeff could get the pancakes from take out at the restaurant.

I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

Hope you made it on time for lunch and your DIS meet.

Nothing better than an early morning beach stroll to brighten the spirits after an itchy night.

Poor feet. I have visions of my ankles when they get flea bites. Ouch.

So - glad you were able to get pancakes and glad you were able to get out by noon. Now I just hope you get to the port on time with your "stops".

I see. Didn't realize the number was so low. I think she did wait list us for either standard or island view, so maybe that will help our chances. Fingers crossed. Given the points chart and the cost of renting points, I didn't feel like we could justify the cost of the pool/ocean view rooms. This would all be moot if they would just build the hotel rooms to hold 5 people! :headache:

Kind of a bummer that they didn't do the regular resort rooms wiht a daybed like many of the deluxes at WDW have. Or at least part of them (as not all of them have it at WDW). The regular resort rates are brutal, though I guess not all that different than WDW deluxe without a discount. A cash 1 bedroom is cheaper than the resort side parlor suite but both are ouch! And that's at the "off peak" rates until 6/7.

I can't give away all of that; then you'd skip the last chapter of my TR! :rotfl2:

We are hoping to do 4 islands: Oahu, Maui, Hawaii, and Kauai. It's ambitious, but we have a couple of aces up our sleeve keeping some costs down. So far we have our flights out booked and paid for (or miles used), and I have a hotel on the big island and a condo in Kauai rented. Baby steps...

No way would I skip, I need to spot some more lies. I suck at the movie quotes (and besides, lies are worth way more points). We stayed at some great condo's on both the Big Island and Maui (though the Maui one wouldn't be big enough I don't think). Paying stuff ahead of time helps a ton that's for sure. That will be an amazing trip, when we take the boys we will definitely do more than one island. We've still never been to Kauai.

IMG_0411.jpg

I really like this one.

Good to hear that you managed to come up with breakfast for all. :laughing:

Looking forward to starting the cruise next! :cool1:

Now I know what I am doing on my last day at Vero if I ever get to stay there. :lmao:

A lovely walk on the beach amid all the packing up and getting on the road.

So glad Kendal got her pancakes and WOW how crazy that room service was closed!!!!

Yikes! So sorry your feet were so miserable. I hope they don't create problems on the cruise.

Nice beach pics!:thumbsup2

Why would room service be closed? :confused3 They must be short staffed or something. I'm glad Kendal got her pancakes!:yay:

I was sad to see you leaving the beach, but then I remembered that you have a DREAM cruise to look forward to!:cool1:

Room service closes!?!?

I guessing you board later than planned.

Looking forward to hearing about the Dream.

What a stressful morning between the bites and the room service fiasco and trying to get out of the villa! I'm glad you had that morning stroll!!! Your pictures are beautiful and make me want to be on a beach RIGHT NOW instead of in this chilly, damp NE weather!

I would have been thinking the EXACT same thing about the bright red bites on my feet, totally vain, but well, there are pictures documenting moments on the cruise! :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

nice relaxing stroll even if you forgot a child in the process. im sure he didnt stay mad to long at you. i mean you were headed to a cruise after all.

Wow, like you said -- eerily similar mornings. We even started walking the beach in the same direction you did. And it's funny that you mention those birds, and how they looked better in person. I did the same thing. I didn't even put the pictures in my chapter since I wasn't happy with them, but they were so cool in person!

Aw, that's too bad that Evan missed out on a walk on the beach. Sometimes we they "hear" promises, don't they? :confused3

I'm glad that Jeff was able to rescue the pancake situation, especially after you were talked out of making them yourself.

Beautiful morning pictures! Happy belated birthday Kendall!! That's an awesome present! I would love that! :thumbsup2

Beautiful pictures on the beach!!:goodvibes

Hmm....room service was closed???:confused3 Glad everything worked out and Kendall still got her pancakes!:thumbsup2

HOW can room service be closed??? :(Oh man! Good recovery on the take out though!

The only thing I can figure is that it was in between breakfast and lunch in their eyes, guessing I called just after 10. But isn't that the point of room service? Available during those in between times?

Glad Kendall liked her spa gift! Can't wait to hear what she chose!

Who doesn't like the spa! I didn't realize she'd never had anything besides mani's or pedi's.

So you say "in theory" you should have had plenty of time and that leads me to believe that "in reality" meant something different!! Oh boy.

LOL

I love all the pictures from your beach stroll, but these two especially. Gorgeous!

Thanks! It was such a great start to the morning, and later I was very glad I'd had that zen start!

Sorry that your feet were bothering you. Not being able to sleep is an awful feeling!

It really is, I am lucky in that it rarely happens but I think I'd take straight up insomnia over the feet on fire.

Room service was closed? Seriously? Don't they realize people are on VACATION and some may not be getting it into gear until later in the morning? Glad takeout was able to save the day.

Seriously, the whole point of room service should be for those in between times and if you ask me, breakfast should be available all day! I'm sure it was just after 10 so they'd cut it off but to be entirely closed? Crazy.

OK, I'll do the math.

An hour, 15 minutes for the drive. 45 minutes for errands (if you immediately find what and where you are looking for) 1 hour for the boarding processing.

You are gonna be cutting it seriously close for that FE meeting!

Well I can tell you, from all 2 times I've done it, unless you are there early which we clearly never are, boarding doesn't take anywhere close to an hour.

That's one good thing about the Disney Cruise - 24 HOUR FREE room service!!!

Yes, but it's a limited menu so we wouldn't have been able to get pancakes on the ship either, at least not to the room. They only have continental type items for RS.

I bet you could pick up some Beverly from Club Cool to try. That would kill off just about anything.
I am in the minority here, but I like it. Then again, I like Campari and Soda.

Some very nice beach pictures here!

Thanks! It was a lovely walk.

Is that Maryann? :rotfl2:

:lmao:

Uh oh. Time to distract him. Squirrel! :squirrel:
:headache:

Seriously.

I love the beach shots! It looks so peaceful and empty early in the morning.

It was! my idea of heaven that is for sure.

That is crazy about room service being closed so early though, I don't think I've ever heard of that happening anywhere before. Can't wait to read about the cruise!

I know! I've missed meal ordering windows but to be entirely closed? I do think breakfast should be an all day thing for all room service menus.

Great pics of the beach. It looks so peaceful.

It was!

Yikes again for patchy internet - looks like you got a taste of the internet on the Disney ships. ;)

I've avoided even trying internet on our 2 cruises for that exact reason :lmao:

I think it's Disney internet...anywhere!

NO room service SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad Jeff was able to get some pancakes from the restaurant! :thumbsup2
AND, you are on your way to the DREAM! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was sweating bullets for a minute. I mean it's not a lot to ask for on your 16th birthday and it was going to be exceedingly lame if we couldn't pull it of..

Beautiful pictures from your walk (Jeff's run) on the beach. I love the beach first thing in the morning...so peaceful.

It is one of "our" things to do on vacation, no matter the weather and it really was the perfect start to help get us through a fairly frantic morning and afternoon.

I can't believe room service was closed, but glad Jeff could get the pancakes from take out at the restaurant.

I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

Hope you made it on time for lunch and your DIS meet.

Yes, not just breakfast over, but closed! It was so surprising, never even occurred to me to check hours.

Nothing better than an early morning beach stroll to brighten the spirits after an itchy night.

Poor feet. I have visions of my ankles when they get flea bites. Ouch.

It was not fun, at all.

So - glad you were able to get pancakes and glad you were able to get out by noon. Now I just hope you get to the port on time with your "stops".

The question is, how many stops were there?

I really like this one.

Thanks!

Good to hear that you managed to come up with breakfast for all. :laughing:

me too, it was a nail biter for minute though!

Looking forward to starting the cruise next! :cool1:

Well we have to get there first...:lmao:

Now I know what I am doing on my last day at Vero if I ever get to stay there. :lmao:

A lovely walk on the beach amid all the packing up and getting on the road.

Nothing better than a quiet morning on the beach, :cloud9:

So glad Kendal got her pancakes and WOW how crazy that room service was closed!!!!

I was shocked, never occurred to me it would be any kind of an issue at all.

Yikes! So sorry your feet were so miserable. I hope they don't create problems on the cruise.

I was hoping that too

Nice beach pics!:thumbsup2

thanks!

Why would room service be closed? :confused3 They must be short staffed or something. I'm glad Kendal got her pancakes!:yay:

I am guessing it was between breakfast and lunch, they must have stopped breakfast at 9:30 or 10, it can't have been much after 10 when I called at the absolute latest. Still, it's usually not CLOSED but certain things unavailable.

I was sad to see you leaving the beach, but then I remembered that you have a DREAM cruise to look forward to!:cool1:

We are only halfway through our trip! 4 nights on the Dream and 2 at AKV still to come.

Room service closes!?!?

Exactly!

I guessing you board later than planned.

Our goal had been 1 and with the delay, we were hoping for 2 which still would have been enough time we though to get everything done. Originally we'd thought about getting there early but the morning walk and birthday pancakes won out, plus we had no desire to be part of the masses all boarding at once with how quickly the late arrival had gone for us on the Alaska cruise.

Looking forward to hearing about the Dream.

:goodvibes

What a stressful morning between the bites and the room service fiasco and trying to get out of the villa! I'm glad you had that morning stroll!!! Your pictures are beautiful and make me want to be on a beach RIGHT NOW instead of in this chilly, damp NE weather!

I might have lost it without the morning stroll. Or had a rum/juice drink for breakfast! :rotfl:

I would have been thinking the EXACT same thing about the bright red bites on my feet, totally vain, but well, there are pictures documenting moments on the cruise! :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

Exactly!

nice relaxing stroll even if you forgot a child in the process. im sure he didnt stay mad to long at you. i mean you were headed to a cruise after all.

He was pretty grumpy about it for a bit, or just grumpy in general. He felt slighted in the morning and then well, let's be honest. Packing up, driving to the ship is not a very fun period of time for anyone and less so if you are a bit hurt at the same time. I don't think he cheered up until he had his KTTW card. Not horrible but definitely a bit sulky.

Wow, like you said -- eerily similar mornings. We even started walking the beach in the same direction you did. And it's funny that you mention those birds, and how they looked better in person. I did the same thing. I didn't even put the pictures in my chapter since I wasn't happy with them, but they were so cool in person!

They were, I really wished I'd had the big camera but if you couldn't get a good picture, I am sure I couldn't have either. It's almost like I copied your trip...except I didn't know any of the details while we were there. Eerily similar.

Aw, that's too bad that Evan missed out on a walk on the beach. Sometimes we they "hear" promises, don't they? :confused3

I think you may be on to something there. That didn't even occur to me and it is very possible I was non committal. I honestly thought he needed the sleep so wasn't ever planning on waking him as I knew the next 4 nights would be late and I didn't want him to be cranky for that. But next time I will remember and check in.

I'm glad that Jeff was able to rescue the pancake situation, especially after you were talked out of making them yourself.

Well, we both talked ourselves out of driving to the store just for the mix but I was sweating bullets for a minute there. It wasn't much to ask for for her 16th birthday and I'd have felt absolutely horrible if we didn't pull it off.

I am all caught up.
I am so sorry to hear of the all the people who need prayers and thoughts. I will keep them all in my thoughts.
Ooh Aulani that should be a nice trip.
Nice mermaid. LOL
I have the cup also just WDW version. It is great.
Great family pics on the beach.
Nothing like walking through puddles to make you feel good.
That Mickey bar is creepy looking. LOL
That does not make walking through the puddles fun.
Glad to hear she got her pancakes.
Nice birthday gift.

Your beach photos are gorgeous. :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday to K on the trip even without room service. How can it be closed? :confused3

Sounds like a semi stressful morning but I'm glad it all worked out.

Beautiful morning pictures! Happy belated birthday Kendall!! That's an awesome present! I would love that! :thumbsup2

It was such a lovely walk.

Nothing better than a little spa time, is there? :thumbsup2

Beautiful pictures on the beach!!:goodvibes

Thanks!

Hmm....room service was closed???:confused3 Glad everything worked out and Kendall still got her pancakes!:thumbsup2

Me too, it was a little hairy there for a minute. I get closing breakfast (though it wasn't that late) but closed entirely????

I am all caught up.
I am so sorry to hear of the all the people who need prayers and thoughts. I will keep them all in my thoughts.

Ooh Aulani that should be a nice trip.

Thanks! We are very excited.

Nice mermaid. LOL

Our own sand monster, I mean merman, he is pretty cute

I have the cup also just WDW version. It is great.

I'm hoping Aulani has them, I'll get another!

Great family pics on the beach.
Nothing like walking through puddles to make you feel good.
That Mickey bar is creepy looking. LOL
That does not make walking through the puddles fun.
Glad to hear she got her pancakes.
Nice birthday gift.

Very creepy Mickey bar! Walking through the puddles was fine, and fun, at the time. Later, not so much.

Your beach photos are gorgeous. :thumbsup2

Feel free to use them to convince Michael to do a beach/cruise combo

:rotfl:

Vero is just lovely

Happy Birthday to K on the trip even without room service. How can it be closed? :confused3

Sounds like a semi stressful morning but I'm glad it all worked out.

I don't know how it can be closed. Breakfast over I get, though I maintain it should be a 24 hour item for any room service but closed all the way closed? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter