Coffee at the POP Century...how to save time?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by bangzoom6877, Jan 13, 2008.

1. bangzoom6877

bangzoom6877 DIS Veteran

Okay, I know there will be no coffee maker in the room at Pop Century when we go in July, but DH and I are serious coffee addicts (need my morning cup or 2 or it is not pretty!), and want the quickest way possible to get coffee so we can still get to the parks early. We are completely avoiding the food court in the morning because of the long lines we are anticipating during the crowded summer season. Is there a Dunkin Donuts or something nearby? We will be driving to the parks from the hotel, so no big deal to take a couple of minutes to get some coffee first (iced coffee preferred in July in Orlando!). Two mornings we are doing character breakfasts so not an issue those days, but the others it is. Other days we plan to have cereal for breakfast in the room so we can get out quickly and get to the parks early with the kids. We will be paying $10 a night for the fridge in the room to keep milk.

Suggestions for coffee? Would be so greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Bonnie

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. luvsvacations

luvsvacations Mouseketeer

I am planning on taking one of those inexpensive 4-cup coffee pots. Then - if I run out of room coming home - I will just leave it there.

4. alldiz

alldiz DIS Veteran

Hi,
    I also think you should just bring a small coffee pot with you.
    Having a cup of joe in the room everyday is priceless....
    No yucky nescafe:snooty:

Don't forget plastic bowls for the cereal;)
    Kerri

5. bangzoom6877

bangzoom6877 DIS Veteran

Although I know it is a good idea to bring a coffee pot, I am trying to avoid that and just get a cup of iced coffee in the morning so I would like to know where is the closest place to do this without having to go to the food court? Thannks again!

6. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

Since you are staying at Pop Century and driving to the parks, check out the Hess gas station at the Boardwalk. It has a convenience store with the normal gas station store things. From Pop Century, make a right out of the entrance, then a left onto Buena Vista Drive (there will be a light and your road will end). The Hess station will be on your right.

7. irgaudin95

irgaudin95 Earning My Ears

When we went to POP in Sept. 2007 with the free dining the food court was always busy. What my DH did because he had to have his coffee in the morning was we purchased the refillable mugs and he went and got coffee in them around 6:30-7:00 in the morning and he said that it was not bad. He did not have to get in line he just went in and went straight to the drink station and that was it.

8. bangzoom6877

bangzoom6877 DIS Veteran

Is there a Dunkin Donuts nearby? Don't mind leaving resort grounds for this as long as it is not too far.

9. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

10. BarleyJack

BarleyJack <font color=peach>And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you

If you're wanting Iced Coffee in the AM, and you've already got a fridge lined up, why don't you just stop by a grocery store and buy the pre made and bottled starbucks/frappacinos (sp)? Your fridge will keep it cold and you won't have to go out of the way to find one. Just a thought!

11. bangzoom6877

bangzoom6877 DIS Veteran

Frappuccinos and other bottled coffee drinks are so fattening, don't wanna waste the calories.

But, you just gave me an idea...I can purchase coffee when I am on my way back to the room and put it in the fridge...iced coffee will be waiting for me in the morning! I do this at home all the time when the weather is too hot for me to drink hot coffee...I make it at night before bed, put it in a travel mug and into the fridge. By morning it is ice cold and great!

I will find a Dunkin Donuts and do it that way. If I buy iced coffee there the night before it will be watered down in the morning from the ice melting. But i will buy hot coffee and ice it. I'm addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee, as I live in NYC and make it in my own house!

Bonnie

12. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Dunkin Donuts: Follow signs toward Downtown Disney. Turn (probably right) onto Hotel Plaza Boulevard. At opposite end of HPB, turn left. There should be a Dunkin Donuts on the left, not very far down at all. If you get to Walgreens on the left, turn around and head back. You passed it.

13. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I know there is a McDonalds near by too.
    But honestly, the whole rea is busy, so you won't be "popping" in and out fast most likely anywhere.

14. jfap

jfap DIS Veteran

Buy the refillable mug. Is totally worth the price for unlimited coffee. Fill it up at nite and put in your fridge for morning. Just be sure not to forget the mug when you go out to your car.