Coffee and coffeemate

cyndiella

Here we go!!!
Ok, silly question here.... but can I get coffeemate creamer for my coffee on the Wonder? Or is my only option cream and sugar? Thanks in advance.

There is some kind of non-dairy creamer available near the coffee stations. I don't recall if it's coffeemate, but if not it's one of the similar products. There is, in fact, no real cream available in the buffet. Cream is available from a dispenser near the pool, but not inside the buffet. Cream is available in the traditional dining rooms, and I'm sure non-dairy creamer is as well.

Actual drip coffee, though, is not available. It's all reconstituted liquid coffee product which can be reasonably OK if the machine is properly calibrated, but is just awful if you get a machine that's set wrong. You can get espresso in all the dining locations, and I recommend it if you like good coffee.

There is some kind of non-dairy creamer available near the coffee stations. I don't recall if it's coffeemate, but if not it's one of the similar products. There is, in fact, no real cream available in the buffet. Cream is available from a dispenser near the pool, but not inside the buffet. Cream is available in the traditional dining rooms, and I'm sure non-dairy creamer is as well.

Actual drip coffee, though, is not available. It's all reconstituted liquid coffee product which can be reasonably OK if the machine is properly calibrated, but is just awful if you get a machine that's set wrong. You can get espresso in all the dining locations, and I recommend it if you like good coffee.
Wow! great information! I do hope I get a properly calibrated machine tho. Reconstituted liquid coffee product????? Yikes

Wow! great information! I do hope I get a properly calibrated machine tho. Reconstituted liquid coffee product????? Yikes
I know. I don't know whether it's a money thing or just an issue with them having to use equipment approved by the US Public Health Service. It seemed to me that they were serving real brewed coffee on both RCI and HAL, but it's possible they were just better at disguising the use of the concentrate, or using a better concentrate, or both.

I've had concentrate coffee on DCL that I thought was approximately like decent brewed coffee (on the Wonder and Magic), and some that tasted just terrible (on the Dream and Fantasy). They all were using the new machines and the new Joffrey's coffee concentrate (they used to use Nescafe), so I assume it was a machine issue. The machines can be adjusted as to the concentrate/water ratio, and I think if it gets too high the off flavors in the concentrate start to dominate. But that's purely a guess. Maybe there are different concentrates, and some tastes better than others. Give it a try and see what you think. You might bring some Starbucks Via packets, if you like them, as hot water is readily available.

I was thinking about this yesterday: can I get specialty coffee at the MDR sit-down breakfast, or do I need to go to Cove Cafe first?

I was thinking about this yesterday: can I get specialty coffee at the MDR sit-down breakfast, or do I need to go to Cove Cafe first?
You can get espresso anywhere there is food, I believe. Certainly in the MDRs. Definitely in the buffet on the Dream/Fantasy there's a bar with espresso. I can't remember if there's one in the buffet on the Magic/Wonder.

I don't know if they'll punch your coffee card when you order espresso drinks in the MDR, but it would be worth asking.

Well, I looked in the coffee aisle at my grocery store today and found.... liquid coffee product!!! who knew! It was for making iced coffee. I also found a 3 oz. bottle of 3x strong coffeemate!!!! gonna bring one with me! yay!

You can get espresso anywhere there is food, I believe. Certainly in the MDRs. Definitely in the buffet on the Dream/Fantasy there's a bar with espresso. I can't remember if there's one in the buffet on the Magic/Wonder.

I don't know if they'll punch your coffee card when you order espresso drinks in the MDR, but it would be worth asking.

Thank you! That's good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter