Codes for Deluxe resorts (How cheap can you get the Contemporary?)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by CheapMom, Jun 25, 2004.

1. CheapMom

CheapMom DIS Veteran

Am wondering what kind of deals people have gotten for the Contemporary through general public or Dis Visa codes. I thought I remembered reading someone got it for $124 a night. I don't have an AP and am going to WDW in Dec. Would love to upgrade to CR- I know there is no guarantee that codes will even become available but am curious anyway.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fam4jc

fam4jc DIS Veteran

Hi. We've reservations for the CR. What I did was make my reservation and now I will play the wait and watch game for the discounts. Are you going during holiday season? You won't get much of a discount, if any between mid dec and new years. If you really want the CR, make your reservations and try like crazy to save up the money to pay for it. A goal helps a bunch:teeth:

I hope you get a rate you can do:wave: WDW is wonderful.

4. pygmymom

pygmymom Mouseketeer

Just got back from the Contemporary. Great resort! Had the Disney Visa code and got standard wing room for $159/night, I think $177 after taxes.

5. NALA 24

NALA 24 Mouseketeer

Where did you get the Disney Visa Code? Can it be used for the room only for the AKL?

6. CheapMom

CheapMom DIS Veteran

We are going during the shoulder season so I am hopeful. I will keep my res at ASMO and switch it later if I can afford CR. ASMO always sells out and it is my 2nd choice so I am going to hang onto that ressie.

7. TINKTWINS

TINKTWINS <font color=CC33FF>Is TIRED of snow!!!!! WDW here

I think it was about a year ago when the CR was about 135. with AP but I want to say Expedia had a good rate too. Check there every so often to see whats available to them. The rooms at CR fill up quick when there is a good deal. I tried the 154. AP rate for August but there were no AP rates left. The next available was 195. Oh well. Watch Mousesavers.com to for some tips

8. CheapMom

CheapMom DIS Veteran

Thanks- I never thought to try Expedia-

9. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

We were offered this at $134.00 last year when making ressies for another resort. The Contempory does not appeal to me that much, other than Chef Mickey's!

10. CheapMom

CheapMom DIS Veteran

It is the monorail that appeals to me most- and I know I can't get Poly or GF for that price. Also it is where I stayed as a kid. Sentimental cheapskate- that;s me!

11. jiminy14

jiminy14 DIS Veteran

You can sometimes get a good deal on the Poly. I got a garden view room at the Poly at Christmas with the AP discount for $189/night with taxes. I thought it was an excellent price and we really loved the resort.

12. Lanshark

Lanshark <font color=red>Peace be still<br><font color=purp

$72 for the tower.

Of course that was 1979. I just found the cancelled check from my honeymoon. I can't believe I saved it but I'm glad I did.

13. CheapMom

CheapMom DIS Veteran

:rotfl:
    I was all excited- then you burst my bubble!