Coca-Cola Freestyle machines

I love them. We have the refillable souvenir cup from our local amusement park (free refills all season) and we use it almost every day. The combinations are fun to try. My favorite is Peach Sprite.

I've seen them for about 4 or 5 years now, and I absolutely LOVE them. I don't drink soda often, only on the weekends. When I do, it has to be caffeine free diet. I'm not allowed to have caffeine for medical reasons, and I'm a health nut so I'm not drinking all that sugar and calories. Therefore, my choices have always been somewhat limited. The freestyle machine lets me create drinks that aren't available on store shelves. Awesome stuff.

I don't notice any issues with residual tastes. I'm sure there is a drop or two from the previous use, but when mixed into a regular size soda cup, it's completely lost.

I dislike them. I just want regular fountain Coke, but even though I don't choose an extra flavor, mine always ends up tasting funny (like lime usually). I've even tried running it for a few seconds before I fill my cup, but no luck.

Also, only one person at a time can fill their cup. The old style machines seemed more efficient.
Couldn't agree more! Coke at the movies always has a lime taste from the freestyle machines.

A couple of places we go to have them. I found them harder to use at first, but now I enjoy the variety.

I love them, and so do the kids. We use them a lot at five guys. My favorite is Cherry Coke or Cherry Dr. Pepper.

They tend to create lines at the soda machine as people scroll through all the options, think, and finally pick something. They are in many of the chain restaurants now.
My Doctor has been off sugar and artificial sweeteners, so all it does for me is create a wait to get ice for my iced tea.

They tend to create lines at the soda machine as people scroll through all the options, think, and finally pick something. They are in many of the chain restaurants now.
My Doctor has been off sugar and artificial sweeteners, so all it does for me is create a wait to get ice for my iced tea.

I find they slow down the user because they have that animation when moving through the options. I'd be surprised if the restaurant went through that. It's supposed to be the second from the left.

1473958288557.jpeg

Our local movie theater has six of these machines, three on each side of the counter. I've never encountered much of a line, but we tend to see movies at off-times. I like the number of diet and caffeine options, like diet root beer which most restaurants don't have. I also like that you can get flavored sparkling water instead of sofa.

Most restaurants I've been to have now put in 2 machines to help with the slowness. For the ones that still only have one machine, it can be a bit of a wait to get your drink.

I think they put in the new machines to save money on soda consumption. You may have to wait in line now to use the machine so some people are not getting refills.

They've had them at my favorite Kelly's Roast Beef for a few years now - only place I can get a vanilla diet coke.

I find them very easy and quick to use, but I've used them a lot and also spent many years in a silk screening factory pushing lots of buttons, LOL!

I tried one of the newer versions today at a fast food place. This one is different. It was large countertop machine with a 32" screen, one ice dispenser in the middle, and two drink dispensers on either side. The scrolling was fast. This only had options for cherry, raspberry, and/or vanilla, but I could select and combine any combination of those three. Maybe the older machines have it to, but this one also had a extra flavor shots.

Only the bottom of the screen was used for beverage selection, and there was no physical button at all - just the touch screen. Most of the screen was flashing Coke animation and ads for stuff available at the restaurant.

That sounds like what the Pepsi machines look like.

I tried one of the newer versions today at a fast food place. This one is different. It was large countertop machine with a 32" screen, one ice dispenser in the middle, and two drink dispensers on either side. The scrolling was fast. This only had options for cherry, raspberry, and/or vanilla, but I could select and combine any combination of those three. Maybe the older machines have it to, but this one also had a extra flavor shots.

Only the bottom of the screen was used for beverage selection, and there was no physical button at all - just the touch screen. Most of the screen was flashing Coke animation and ads for stuff available at the restaurant.

There is one of these machines in Monroe County and it's in a Qudoba that opened about 3 months ago.

You know the people who wait 20 minutes in line at a WDW QS restaurant but don't start thinking about what they want to order until they get to the register? Seems they're in front of me at these Freestyle machines, too. Lots of user indecision and error.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter