Coasting for Kids 2015

mjh2901

Mike Hathaway
After years of wanting to do coasting for kids, and last year getting stopped by a conference I had to go to. I have finally requested the time off and reserved the hotel room down in so cal for the June 7th date. And I have started a fund raising drive. As a school tech I am asked to setup personal devices for our networks, printers and email a task that is not covered by my job description or the contract. So Give Kids The World will officially be there to collect a little cash from people requesting these services... I am also going to ask they feed the kitty for password resets to help them "remember"

thumb.jpg

Anyone else getting started for this year? Its not that far off. Post your fund raising plans.

Awesome! I'm going to move this over to the GKTW Events subforum. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Who will be part of the East Coast team this year. I will be at Dorney with my team from last year! Hoping to have more Dis'ers there this year!!:cool1::cool1:

Can someone please give more details about what Coasting for Kids is? The website explains fundraising and prizes but I can't find any details that say what happens the day of the event. If I choose to participate, besides fund raising for GKTW, what is it?

Thanks!!

Can someone please give more details about what Coasting for Kids is? The website explains fundraising and prizes but I can't find any details that say what happens the day of the event. If I choose to participate, besides fund raising for GKTW, what is it?

Thanks!!

There's a thread at the top of this forum with way more info, but this event is all about the Cedar Fair coasters. Each Park will have a coaster or coasters that you will have priority access to. You can ride as much or as little as you want.

Read thru the info on the first page of the other thread (I'll link when I get home) and then let me know if you have more questions.
Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/gktw-event-coasting-for-kids-june-7-2015.3366443/

Now that I'm at my computer, I can give you more details.
Registration is $25. That covers your admission, t-shirt, food, etc. Then between now and June 1st, raise at least $75.

The day of the event, show up at the Park. The Cedar Fair folks will treat you very well. You'll get your t-shirt and a probably a wristband that will give you access to certain coasters (a schedule will be posted as the event gets closer). They'll set you up with lunch. They'll have an awards ceremony for the top fundraisers. There will be lots of camaraderie.

Last edited:
My family and I started a team for Valley Fair in Shakopee Minnesota. Team of 4 trying to raise money, if you are there and a Disser, make sure you say hi!

Hi all. This is our 1st year participating. Aside from posting to my FB feed, how do I get $$?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!