CM vs other albums...

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by pattyT, Dec 21, 2005.

1. pattyT

pattyT DIS Veteran

so I have always used CM 12x12 albums because I love the 'weight and texture of them' as well as that the bindings all match..

well I am getting 'over that' now...

I have tried a few top loaders that I hated!!!

I am looking for alternate album choices...
    or should I suck it up and stay with the CM??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FantasticDisFamily

FantasticDisFamily <font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c

Well I am pretty well addicted to the Dalee top loads - can be tough to get though. There is one little online vendor out of Colorado I usually have to order through.

Deb

4. Twigs

Twigs <font color=deeppink>DIS Cast Member<br><font colo

I think after I am done with my Hawaii and Disney albums I will be sticking with CM. I am just not loving the top loaders. I am not sure exactly why, but I think it is the feel of the book. I don't mind unhinging the CM straps if I have to, so that is not a plus with the top loaders for me. I got a beautifull fabric covered album in a LSS in Maui, I wasn't sure if I should get it but I loved the cover and DH said go for it. I am happy with it because of the way it looks, but after that I much prefer the CM albums.

adding, my friend always get her CM albums on ebay and does really well. I haven't done that yet but may start as I need to find a new CMC near me.

5. nicki dahling

nicki dahling CyndiAKADisneyqueen<br><font color=deeppink> I can

Patty, you already know my answer. I've tried others, but I end up going right back to CM.

Cyndi princess:

6. PoohBearLovinMama

PoohBearLovinMama DIS Veteran

I'm going thru the same thing as you! I love the quality of CM albums and that the page protectors silde in from the side. Don't love that the album is only one color or that I have to do my pages in order. I bought a CK album at JoAnn's and I like that I can just do whatever page whenever, HATE that my pages don't lay flat. That just drives me crazy! LOL! So I'm thinking that I might try a use the best of both worlds, use cardstock/12x12 paper for a background and then just stick it in the CM albums.

7. DiznEeyore

DiznEeyore <font color=navy>Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member<br><fon

Don't forget that some people put the protectors on the CM pages, and then slide their completed (separate) page into the sleeve. That way, you don't have to work in order. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it would work great. :)

8. cobbler

cobbler <br><font color=blue>Tag #1: (Under Construction:

I too love the quality of the CM albums and never really wanted to wallpaper my pages. I wonder if I might end up doing that because I just feel the pages are so bare and bright and so empty without it, ya know??

I am still trying to play and find my style!

9. JESW

JESW <font color=blue>We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, a

There is a brand I buy at Michael's called Hiller and I have been pleased with their quality.

Jill

10. pattyT

pattyT DIS Veteran

I wallpaper the CM albums and you can't fit a lot of pages in doing that!

I am always trying to find a new album out here...thanks for your responses - i will check some of those out!

11. TN Traveler

TN Traveler DIS Veteran

I guess I'm going to be the minority here but I like Pioneer albums. I like the fact I can go out of order, I like the top loading idea and I really like the fact that I don't have to buy page protectors in addition to the pages themselves. I have a really hard time paying $32 + for an album when I think other albums are just as good.
    Karen aka TN Traveler

12. WDWMom

WDWMom DIS Veteran

Patty, I hate CM albums and have tried many others. I just started using a album for my moms pics that is a side loader. It loads from the inside, not the outside. Soft cover like CM but less pricey.

13. FantasticDisFamily

FantasticDisFamily <font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c

Sue - CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!

14. PoohBearLovinMama

PoohBearLovinMama DIS Veteran

Hmm, I didn't think of that.

WDWMom- I would love to know the name of the side loader album and where you got it. I'd definitely like to try one of those out!

15. nicurn

nicurn <font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col

I'm not a fan at all of the cm albums. I am now using the 3 ring binders and I LOVE THEM! get lots of pages in them and I can scrap whatever event I want to whenever I want too. maggie

16. pattyT

pattyT DIS Veteran

What she said :)

17. crazyforpooh

crazyforpooh <font color=FF6600>Proud American who loves her li

I have just started waviering away from my CM albums due to cost, I bought a couple of Bazzil albums but I'm not sure I like them. I don't miss having to cut my wallpaper down thought to fit my CM pages.

I'd love to also know the name of the side loading album. I'm also not sure if I like the post and bound of the top loader I have. Of couse I've only done I think 6 pages.

Guess I'm not much help here.

18. goofymom/pop

goofymom/pop <font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag

i love cm albums but hate hate hate the cost. Have bought a few on ebay for about $10 less. I would probably use toploading albums but I hate the open spine look when you start adding refills. I have tried the album called the Perfect Scrapbook album, and liked it. But the colors are a little spring like and I have a son that most of my pics revolve around now, since the girls are grown.

19. czycropper

czycropper DIS Veteran

.02 from a lurker. I started with CM & the CM style which I quickly discarded the style but not the albums since they do hold up better than many other albums I've bought - I guess that's why I have about 10 of them. The only top-loading that holds up like CM is Mrs. Grossman and my 3rd favorite is the leather one from Club Scrap (it's costly-I only have a couple). I'm not chronological scrapper and I love the flexibility of taking out LOs and adding LOs so I have protectors on my CM albums and just slide the LOs in once I actually finish an album I then go back and glue the cardstock to the pages.

20. DiznEeyore

DiznEeyore <font color=navy>Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member<br><fon

21. tinkerbeth

tinkerbeth Goin' back soon!!

Hiya,

I love my CM albulms. I did buy a 2004 Disney one which I want to do my trips in but haven't started it yet...I'm a bit behind!

As for wallpapering, I often do that as well. Sometimes I use the 12x12 and cut a piece off (I sometimes use the oposite pieces as borders on the opposite pages) but there's also the new perfect fit from CM - it's wallpapering paper but the right size for CM albulms. I *think* I'm getting some for Christmas, which will make my life easier b/c I will just start slapping pictures in to make up time. Also the wallpapering packages have co-ordinating journalling boxes which will make my life easier as well.

Having said that, I'm a pretty low-maintenance scrapper...I don't do stamps and chalks and eyelets and stuff like that, so maybe my preference for a sort of "CM" style is why I like the albums too.

:)

Beth