Clueless Adventurer thinks about the Chicken Exit at the Tower of Terror.

clueless adventurer

Mouseketeer
Have you ever seen the Chicken Exit at the Tower of Terror?

It's an elevator!!

I tell you what, if I chicken out of going on the Tower of Terror, the very last thing I'm going to want to get on is an elevator. Especially with one of those creepy-looking bell-people.

Imagine if they did the same kind of thing at some other attractions! It'd be like if they'd THROW YOU OFF THE TOP of Spaced Mountain as a chicken exit. Or like they'd THROW YOU OFF THE TOP of Splash Mountain as a chicken exit. Or they'd THROWN YOU OFF THE TOP of Spacedship Earth as a chicken exit! Or maybe even like they'd THROWN YOU OFF THE TOP of the Hall of Presidents as a chicken exit.

Have you ever seen the Tower of Terror on those planning videos that The Walt Disney World gives away? The people are standing around in the elevator when it crashes to the earth! What do you see when you are getting ready to chicken out? Everybody on the Tower of Terror is sitting down, all nice and buckled in. You, you're STANDING IN AN ELEVATOR, JUST LIKE IN THE VIDEO!!!! You just know you're going to lose your Mickey ears and they'll go floating down after the elevator as it plunges you to your doom.

What the heck was Walt thinking??!?!?

I best not try the chicken exit at the Living Seas, I can't swim!

do Chickens (or any other poultry) meet the height requiremnet for these ride?

I took that chicken exit once but at least the elevator goes down once and never goes up and down up and down up and down. The elevator doesn't entangle your intestines to your stomach! :p

I take the chicken exit everytime, once was with 2 little girls (thankfully the CM thought I was their mom, not just a scared 28 year old!) they still looked terrified getting into the elevator and asked "this one isn't scary right?" :) lol!

Clueless Adventurer, you sure do make me laugh. And, thanks, I really need it right now.

If I had known there was a chicken exit at Tower of Terror, I would have taken it! I loved every part of that ride, the atmosphere, the library, the elevator leaving the shaft, everything until the drops. Award winning atmosphere, awesome!!! Then the old heave as that elevator falls! My husband wanted to do it but didn't want the falls either. If there had been a quiet, non-embarrassing way to exit right before the old dropperoo, I would have happily taken it!

goldenskies - now you can! just stand in line and when you get up front ask for the chicken exit. No one makes a big deal about it at all. I've done it on RnR, Space Mountain and ToT. I love the atmosphere of these rides, just don't plan on riding them anytime soon!

That's really good to know! Now wouldn't you miss the part where the elevator leaves the shaft and all the images you see before the elevator enters the wicked shaft that bounces?

You do miss that part goldenskies. You take the chicken exit right before you get into the elevator. So you miss all the cool images and lights before the drop.

I chickened out the first time but then did it the second. It was actually not nearly as bad as i thought it would be.

This is great info, and I agree, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but if there was a way to have all but the dropping experience I would choose that! Yes, call me chicken but I like it better when my stomach doesn't lurch. Although Haunted Mansion is more my ride style, the atmosphere of Tower of Terror is less dated and has a much more authentic creepy feeling. Love the Twilight Zone touches too!

I don't think I've EVER been as scared as I was on Tower of Terror! OMG, I thought I wouldn't live through it! My kids loved it of course, and begged me to buy the picture of us on it. My terrified face was hysterical! I really did think I might have a heart attack before it was over! Now my DD 5 wants to ride, but I don't think I could let her. Especially w/out me on with her. :scared1:
Please don't make me do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter