ClubLibby LU

lkohawaii

DIS Veteran
Do I need to make reservations for our girls to get made up there? Anyone have the phone number for the DD location?

I posted on another thread...but here goes again. How far in advance do I have to make the ressie? Is it 60 days out like PS in DL?

I called the other day and they were able to put us in for May 2nd no problem. I wouldn't think you would have to make the reservation too far out. Just call them directly when you know the date. I would imagine a Fri/Sat/Sun would be busier due to bday parties. They also accept walk-ins if they have time. Someone told me they leave one chair always open for walk-ins, but I am not sure if that is rumor or truth! Its a blast! My DD did it in January (see the photos below) and the hair do stayed in for 4 days! I just kept washing her bangs and the top pieces of the hair sticking out. It was very easy to take it out and did not ruin her hair at all (she has waist length blonde hair with barely a split end in it!).

My daughter had her makeover done Monday of this week and we just walked right in. The line did get very long about 10 minutes after we arrived. I think we were done between 10:30 am and 11 am. It is worth the wait even if you have to. We stopped in a couple nights to browse and they do a lot of parties. It looked like so much fun that my daughter asked to have it done again. Luckily we have one aobut 35 minutes away from where we live. LOL

Here are some pictures from the event. I was about to post how wonderful this place is and what a great time we had when I saw this post.

LibbyLu4_04.05.JPG

LibbyLu6_04.05.JPG

TikiPrincess_04.05.JPG

mainstreet_Minnie_04.05.JPG

tommorrowlandball5_04.05.JPG

Thanks...I made ressies and they took a credit card deposit. The girl said for weekends to call 3 months in advance and for weekdays to call 1 month in advance. We got a 1:00 appointment on a Wednesday. Anyone know what the difference is if you're havinga party compared to if we just take 3 girls in there? How long does their hair stay up? Do I have to take my daughter with clean dry hair?

We're heading down to DL in 2 weeks and I'd love to know what Club Libby Lu is -- and what ages is it appropriate for?
I checked out the website and it just shows hairstyles. Been in Oregon too long :)

Pir8girl

I saw little girls as young as 3 or 4 and girls as old as about 12 but I think its basically if your daughter feels comfortable with it and if you do. I don't wear any make up at all so I felt a little strange waiting in line for my daughter's makeover when I have only been made over for my wedding.LOL But my daughter absolutely loves all the princess and girly stuff. So she begged us to go there. She also is constantly asking me to go into our local Sephora to have one done for me and herself. So I thought Libby Lu was a nice balance they don't heavily make them up they give you a choice of the haistyle you saw online, eyeshadow, sparkly lip gloss and skin jewelry on your face. They also do your nails and let you choose 5 accessories which are normally sold for 4.50 each and they put it all into a very cute Club Libby Lu pink backpack. Have fun.

HTH :wizard:
MandaMom

Wow, I have never heard of this, we're going in Sept. and I definitely need to look into doing this with my dd! She wants us to have a "girl's day out" for her birthday in June and get out nails done, she would just love this! Does anyone know how much they charge for the deposit? Do you have to tell them over the phone what you want to do (like what style or whatever) or do they decide when they go?

Does anyone have a suggestion of something to keep my boys busy with dh in DTD while I take dd to do this? Or maybe I should start a new thread to ask :blush:

The boys could go to Build A Bear -- even my 9 and 12 yr old boys think it's fun to pick out an animal and clothes. This year they want a monkey in army fatigues or a Buzz Lightyear outfit.

If you have a multi day pass you get free $10 game cards at ESPN Zone's arcade. I make DH take the boys (gladly giving them my $10 card to use) while I go shop in the "girly" stores in DTD.

OR they can do the remote control boats , watch the Koi (you can help at feeding times too) and walk around the waterfalls on the Disneyland Hotel grounds.

funnygarcia said:
If you have a multi day pass you get free $10 game cards at ESPN Zone's arcade. I make DH take the boys (gladly giving them my $10 card to use) while I go shop in the "girly" stores in DTD.

Great idea, my boys would love that. I'm getting 3 day hoppers through the military, can I get the game cards with that or is that a special package? Sorry, this is our first Disneyland trip.

The $10 ESPN Game card is on most of the multi day passes that you advance purchase from DL or other outlets. Don't know for sure if military tix are different or not :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter