Club Villain

I had a Club Villain reservation for March, and was contacted by guest relations to let me know that they had canceled it for all of March. So, it's only available in January and February. They said it was canceled because of "entertainment changes" - whatever that means.

Just a guess, it roughly translates as: "Not enough tickets sold"

I saw they were offering it on Tuesdays, which would work out great as that is my Hollywood day. I wish Disney Parks blog would give more info instead of posting about flowers.

I saw they were offering it on Tuesdays, which would work out great as that is my Hollywood day. I wish Disney Parks blog would give more info instead of posting about flowers.

They probably won't until you can book through. Fridays can at times have lots of announcements, hopefully it's included. I mean March is only a few weeks away, they need to open it up.

Wait a minute, Disney cancelled existing reservations @$99 and is now rebooking the same dates @$129? :scared:

March dates are opened for booking!! have fun everyone, it was out of my price range at $99, way off now

Well, I rebooked my March 12th date...Not as excited as I was before with the price increase. And now I'll need to change a few FP times and a ADR at Scifi.
I sure hope it is worth it! :)

They have also added early seatings on 2/20 and 2/27. Price $129 for those too. We are already booked for 2/27 and would really prefer the earlier time, but of course I can't "modify" this ADR....only cancel and rebook at the higher price. Decisions, decisions....

They have also added early seatings on 2/20 and 2/27. Price $129 for those too. We are already booked for 2/27 and would really prefer the earlier time, but of course I can't "modify" this ADR....only cancel and rebook at the higher price. Decisions, decisions....
I saw those 2nd times yesterday and didn't think they were there before. I need to figure out what I'd prefer 2/7 or 3/1

So sad we don't get there til March 30th! Here is to hoping its extended til April. This sounds amazing!

We feel it was a bargain at $99 and still probably under priced at $129 for what you get, but in order to book a full room at each seating they need to keep that price attractive.

To compare:

Symphony Sky Dessert Party is $69 for Desserts, Specialty Drinks, Stein and viewing area (equal to a FP+) outside at stand up tables. Fireworks as well but you can see them with equal view for free.

Club Villain was $99 for Champagne outside at stand up tables, move inside to amazing decorations in event venue with assigned seating at tables for delicious Dinner Buffet, Desserts, Specialty Drinks, Beer, Wine, Dance Party, Musical Show and 4 Meet & Greet in highly themed sets with virtually no wait for 4 awesome characters. Room so decorated - there were many photo opportunities. Many more CMs clearing tables, assisting with food etc.

If you add up the items apart; Dinner buffet, Dessert party (since desserts much more than you find on buffets), champagne then free flowing alcohol, beer and wine, basically 4 FP+ to special characters, musical show, dance party with hard to see Dr. Facilier and all the CMs (worthy of a tip) you would be WAY over even the $129 price tag.

Seriously the best event we have ever booked at Disney.

We feel it was a bargain at $99 and still probably under priced at $129 for what you get, but in order to book a full room at each seating they need to keep that price attractive.

To compare:

Symphony Sky Dessert Party is $69 for Desserts, Specialty Drinks, Stein and viewing area (equal to a FP+) outside at stand up tables. Fireworks as well but you can see them with equal view for free.

Club Villain was $99 for Champagne outside at stand up tables, move inside to amazing decorations in event venue with assigned seating at tables for delicious Dinner Buffet, Desserts, Specialty Drinks, Beer, Wine, Dance Party, Musical Show and 4 Meet & Greet in highly themed sets with virtually no wait for 4 awesome characters. Room so decorated - there were many photo opportunities. Many more CMs clearing tables, assisting with food etc.

If you add up the items apart; Dinner buffet, Dessert party (since desserts much more than you find on buffets), champagne then free flowing alcohol, beer and wine, basically 4 FP+ to special characters, musical show, dance party with hard to see Dr. Facilier and all the CMs (worthy of a tip) you would be WAY over even the $129 price tag.

Seriously the best event we have ever booked at Disney.

Your posts keep selling me on this. ;) :thumbsup2

Assuming they extend to May and the booking times are the same, I'm going to have to go with the later seating because I'd be leaving my daughter at the Poly kid's club and they don't open until 4:30.

Still waiting for April ... come on Disney ... You know we'll open our wallets for this one ... give us what we want ... VILLIANS!

So DH came home last night saying he had free tickets for this in March, and I told him it wasn't going on in March, and he must have the wrong dates. Turns out for once he was right! Of course the tickets are within a few days of my due date, so I won't be making use of them, but I'm glad they're keeping this going. Fingers crossed they'll extend it to the summer and I can go once baby is here!

I have to say though...I think it's really crappy that they cancelled reservations for March, and now they've opened them back up at a higher price. If I'd had my reservation cancelled, I'd be pretty annoyed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter