Club Level - Royal Pacific

Seeker615

Harry Potter Fanatic!
Hi

we are doing Universal next April and I have been debating either a short stay and then a cruise or a weeks stay at Universal. Yesterday I priced it out and a club level room for a week was actually not as bad as thought it was going to be. So now the debate begins.

Has anyone stayed club level and if so was it worth the extra price? Are the perks in the lounge good and are they worth it? How about the breakfasts?

Any input would be very helpful!

We love the breakfasts.

Hot cinnamon bun, continental and cold meat cuts, fruit, boiled eggs, oatmeal, toast with selections of jellys, honey, peanut butter and butter, bagels, muffins, donuts, cereals, juices, teas and coffee. I'm sure I've missed something...........

Never made the lunch options. Goldfish, fruit and little pre wrapped pbj sandwiches.

The appetiser options are different every night. Served 4.30-6.30 it's rather early for us and we prefer to eat around Orlando anyway so don't use the lounge for our dinner option. We do have some salad or similar to keep us going till later though. But as well as a hot option there is usually a salad and dressing, chips and dips, crudités, cheese and biscuits.

Wine and beer is available for those 2 hours only. You can buy a small selection of spirits for $5.

Desserts are served later........we've only made it once and they are nice. Different little mini options and cookies.

Sodas, water, teas and coffees are available all day..........

There are some pictures of the CL in the RPR thread if you haven't seen it already.

The staff are amazing, very friendly and will help you with anything you need.

We LOVED it. One of the best vacations ever. I figure the breakfasts pays for itself. No hot items per se, but we made plenty of peanut butter bagels and there is a tureen of oatmeal and many other choices. If you have a family utilizing this perk, it is very worth it. The adults can get beer/wine while the kids chow on hors deuvers in the evening. It is a nice extra room to stretch your legs and watch TV while others use the hotel room for showers. Would do it again in a second if I had the means.

We loved it as well. It was so nice to not have to worry about where we would eat. My husband has to eat gluten free so eating takes planning. The lounge always had gluten free food prepared for him. Plus it was nice to be able to eat healthy snacks like fruit and cheese in the afternoon rather than eating just junk for an entire week. Breakfast was the best though. Plenty of variety including protein - hard boiled eggs and cold cuts.

I have stayed club at rpr and enjoyed the lounge

Don't do it much anymore as I always go solo and not a value for me

But I will never give up my king suite there, but have slacked off on club
Lol

Thanks for your quick replies. I am talking it over with the hubby now. Just not sure if we want to do a week at Universal or 3 nights and a cruise.

There are 6 of us going and the cost difference between club and non-club level is close to $700. Wondering if it's really worth the cost esp if we are at the parks most of the day....

Any use it with young children and is it worth it just for the breakfast and the sweets hour....I'm thinking the rest of the time we will be at the parks.

Thoughts?

There are 6 of us going and the cost difference between club and non-club level is close to $700. Wondering if it's really worth the cost esp if we are at the parks most of the day....

Any use it with young children and is it worth it just for the breakfast and the sweets hour....I'm thinking the rest of the time we will be at the parks.

Thoughts?

How long are you staying for?

Some folks think they get their money's worth if you're a bigger group.

I'm not so sure. It's a nice thing to have, but to value it in money terms isn't something anyone else can tell you.

We have breakfast there, and are usually back at the hotel around 4.30 as we don't spend all day in the parks. We will have a snack and some wine before heading out later either back to parks or out somewhere for dinner. But, if you only have a couple of days you may not want to leave the parks just to be back for appetisers. I can imagine the kids won't want to do that either.

If you planned to use the evening appetisers as dinner, then it may be worth it for you, but if not then probably not. Again, depends what value you place on it.

Club Lounge is lovely though.

ml499..........I just read my post to you.........I really haven't helped have I...........:blush:

If you have 6 in one party, not sure if you will be booking two rooms or the high end suites

I know there is the presidential suite in club but the cost is high

Would be cheaper to not stay club and get the sweets in the parks

Why tie yourself up over club lounge hours and take you away from the park time

We stayed CL in December and loved every minute of it! We already booked again for November! When I asked my son if we should book a regular room, no club, he looked at me and said, "are you serious? Uh, NO!". There are 5 of us and staying club was only about $50 to $75 a day difference. We could spend that on just breakfast. Also because we were all in one room, it was nice to have a separate place to go to have a coffee or read and wait for everyone to get ready in the mornings. By late afternoon, we were all ready to leave the parks, so were able to take advantage of the evening offerings. There was plenty for us to make a meal of and we really enjoyed the food. For us, well worth the extra dollars and would not hesitate to book Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter