Club Level DLH / Am I too late....... Update

cinder-ellah

A Dream is a Wish your heart makes......
I have a 3 bedroom suite booked at DLH, Aug 15th - 19th.
Just decided today to splurge and add Club Level.
I was told "Nothing available". Boo, hoo.......

When I booked our room I was told I could add it at any time. I didn't realize it was limited.
As you can see I've never booked Club Level.
Darn...... I was told today that I could ask when we checked in and "maybe" there would be availability.

Does anyone know how limited this is and what the chances might be of getting it at check in ?

:tink:Hoping some Pixie Dust comes our way .........

Did you call he Hotel direct or the travel site? Try calling the Hotel direct and sometimes you get a different cast member that gives a different answer.

Good Luck -- Don't give up yet!

Same boat as you! I had it, got rid of it then wanted it back so I've been calling every few days. I finally got it back today but am ending up with a split reservation. (6 days concierge, 2 days standard).

They suggested I keep calling to add the last couple days as concierge and try at the hotel if that doesn't work. I have faith I will get the last couple days added. Good luck to you as well!

Did you call he Hotel direct or the travel site? Try calling the Hotel direct and sometimes you get a different cast member that gives a different answer.

Good Luck -- Don't give up yet!
Thank you for your reply and encouragement. I did call direct.
But will try, try again.

Same boat as you! I had it, got rid of it then wanted it back so I've been calling every few days. I finally got it back today but am ending up with a split reservation. (6 days concierge, 2 days standard).

They suggested I keep calling to add the last couple days as concierge and try at the hotel if that doesn't work. I have faith I will get the last couple days added. Good luck to you as well!
:tinker:Sending Pixie Dust your way !pixiedust:
Good luck !

It is limited because otherwise the lounge gets overly crowded. That said, just keep trying back every couple days. And try 4 days prior to check in. Since Disney has a 5 day cancellation policy, people cancel at the last point and some can open up.

It is limited because otherwise the lounge gets overly crowded. That said, just keep trying back every couple days. And try 4 days prior to check in. Since Disney has a 5 day cancellation policy, people cancel at the last point and some can open up.
I will ! Thinking positive........ Thank you

I appreciate your input.

I just called Disney Travel (again) to see if any availability on getting Club Level added to our reservation.
They said I already have it (?) as of my last call 2 days ago when they said nothing was available.

So, now I'm confused. Do I really have it ?
They said I had to wait til check in to pay for it.

Before I do the "Happy Dance" ..... I'm going to call again and see if they'll send me an email to confirm the Club Level has been added.

Fingers crossed........

If you have Club Level added .... does it show on your reservation confirmation ?

CM this time said .......
"You can't add and aren't guaranteed Club Level until you check in when you reserve a 3 Bedroom Suite".

Ugh...... I hate not knowing til check in.

Wow, a different response each time that you call. How frustrating. At least you know for sure that you have the 3 bedroom suite and that is the most important thing! You are going to have an awesome vacation no matter what.

When you do check in, be sure to let them know how much work it has been to try to add the concierge. Maybe it will help get it for you if it turns out to be "full".

Yikess that is frustrating.

Call back again and ask to talk to a manager at the Hotel. I think they are called "Leads" but the actually people in the back that do the room assignments. They may still tell you "noting is guaranteed" (standard comment for obvious reasons) but they may be able to give you a better feel for what your chances are.

Not to be a downer but I don't trust the travel company when they tell you "it's been noted". I have never had good luck with that, it will be the Hotel that can give you the answer.

**I think you will be fine**

Last edited:
Wow, a different response each time that you call. How frustrating. At least you know for sure that you have the 3 bedroom suite and that is the most important thing! You are going to have an awesome vacation no matter what.

When you do check in, be sure to let them know how much work it has been to try to add the concierge. Maybe it will help get it for you if it turns out to be "full".
Thank you for your thoughts on this.

I am happy that we got the 3 bedroom suite for our group of 10 ! So, I'll just do the Happy Dance for that.

Frustrating and interesting to be told that only regular rooms can book ahead of time for the Club Level.
And that if you book a suite that you have to wait til check in to see if its available.
I've never stayed / booked with Club Level before, so I guess this is my learning process.

Deep breathing and thinking happy thoughts.......

Yikess that is frustrating.

Call back again and ask to talk to a manager. I think they are called "Leads" but the actually people in the back that do the room assignments. They may still tell you "noting is guaranteed" (standard comment for obvious reasons) but they may be able to give you a better feel for what your chances are.

Not to be a downer but I don't trust the travel company when they tell you "it's been noted". I have never had good luck with that, it will be the Hotel that can give you the answer.

**I think you will be fine**
Thank you for your advice.
I'm nervous about calling back ..... Hopefully Disney doesn't get irritated for repeat calls.

Not sure if it helps, but we have always been able to add it but can't pay for it until check in. I do always ask when we make our initial reservations and sometimes my confirmation shows it and sometimes it doesn't (again, depending on who I talked to Hotel or Travel Agent) and we have stayed during sold out times (Christmas Week) as well as slow times so I think you will be fine. I think with the suites they don't want to guarantee it because your rooms could be in any of the towers unlike the regular rooms that are typically on the top 3 floors of the Adventure Tower, so maybe they say "add at check in if available" in case your room is in a different tower when you check in you can decide if you really want it or not.

I never can quiet understand why it is so hard to reserve a particular room, view or "club" level with Hotels but I have found Disney is not alone in this, it is pretty standard industry wide. They once told me it was like playing tetris trying to block people in rooms.

Heck with this many people sending pixie dust how could things not go good for you!

(and no they don't get irritated they are great-just make sure it is the Hotel you call not the Disney Travel Company)

I never can quiet understand why it is so hard to reserve a particular room, view or "club" level with Hotels but I have found Disney is not alone in this, it is pretty standard industry wide. They once told me it was like playing tetris trying to block people in rooms.

I have a couple pieces of insight on this, but it's by no means comprehensive.

1. Many hotels (probably not Disney) have contracts. For example, the hotels I run conventions in are near airports and have contracts with airlines guaranteeing rooms for flight crews. Pilots are guaranteed a certain level of room. If there are 10 of that room and 10 get booked and then a pilot turns up, 1 of the 10 will probably get bumped to a different room in the inventory. (Unless they upgrade the pilot.)

2. Room categories and descriptions aren't black and white. "I want a room near the elevator. And I need a hypoallergenic room. Also, I'm booking an executive suite." All of a sudden meeting my requests is hard and you have to work around the guy who wanted a hypoallergenic suite on the first floor, because maybe your solution to "near the elevator" was for me to be in the one on the first floor. Or there's one on the third floor that would work but someone extended their stay. Or there's a pilot. ;)

You aren't reserving Room 404. You're reserving a room with the qualities of 404. That way they don't face the possibility that I come along and need 404 (because it's hypoallergenic and you didn't care about that) and then they have to tell you that they moved you to a different room to accommodate someone else because that always makes people mad.

Not sure if it helps, but we have always been able to add it but can't pay for it until check in. I do always ask when we make our initial reservations and sometimes my confirmation shows it and sometimes it doesn't (again, depending on who I talked to Hotel or Travel Agent) and we have stayed during sold out times (Christmas Week) as well as slow times so I think you will be fine. I think with the suites they don't want to guarantee it because your rooms could be in any of the towers unlike the regular rooms that are typically on the top 3 floors of the Adventure Tower, so maybe they say "add at check in if available" in case your room is in a different tower when you check in you can decide if you really want it or not.

Heck with this many people sending pixie dust how could things not go good for you!

(and no they don't get irritated they are great-just make sure it is the Hotel you call not the Disney Travel Company)
Thank you........ following your advice and I'll call the Hotel direct. I've only called the Travel Co.

I can definitely see the Tetris theory into placing people into rooms.

Love all the added Pixie Dust and sending bunches back to all of you for your input / advice and positivity on this.

I'll update with what Disneyland Hotel says.

thanks again

I have a couple pieces of insight on this, but it's by no means comprehensive.

1. Many hotels (probably not Disney) have contracts. For example, the hotels I run conventions in are near airports and have contracts with airlines guaranteeing rooms for flight crews. Pilots are guaranteed a certain level of room. If there are 10 of that room and 10 get booked and then a pilot turns up, 1 of the 10 will probably get bumped to a different room in the inventory. (Unless they upgrade the pilot.)

2. Room categories and descriptions aren't black and white. "I want a room near the elevator. And I need a hypoallergenic room. Also, I'm booking an executive suite." All of a sudden meeting my requests is hard and you have to work around the guy who wanted a hypoallergenic suite on the first floor, because maybe your solution to "near the elevator" was for me to be in the one on the first floor. Or there's one on the third floor that would work but someone extended their stay. Or there's a pilot. ;)

You aren't reserving Room 404. You're reserving a room with the qualities of 404. That way they don't face the possibility that I come along and need 404 (because it's hypoallergenic and you didn't care about that) and then they have to tell you that they moved you to a different room to accommodate someone else because that always makes people mad.

Thank you, I appreciate your insight.
Makes a lot of sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter