Clothes for (non-formal) dinners

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by LoveStitch, Nov 1, 2012.

1. LoveStitch

LoveStitch Mouseketeer

So, all the descriptions for women say dresses or pantsuits for dinner. I don't wear or own any. Would a nice top/nice pants combination work okay? I have nice khaki, black and white slacks with dressier tops (not dressier like sequins, but dressier like nice business clothes). Would that be okay, or would I look out of place?

I have a couple of dressier dresses that I'm planning on for Palo and Remy - it's the other nights in the dining rooms that I'm not sure of.

I know my husband will be fine in his everyday "uniform" of khaki pants and nice tropical shirts - but I'm kind of at a loss for myself!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. holula

holula DIS Veteran

I wear jeans in the dining room every night other than formal/semi formal night. So yes, your outfit would be fine. :)

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Your title says "non formal" do you mean just the regular days? For the cruise-casual nights, I generally wear what I have on during the day (t-shirt/blouse and capri or pants). Dresses and pantsuits would be for the formal, semi-formal, or dress up optional nights.

What you are describing would be fine to wear.

:cutie:

5. LoveStitch

LoveStitch Mouseketeer

Oh that sounds good - and I forgot about capris - so capris are okay to wear at dinner? Thanks!

6. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

In the MDRs, yes. Not Palo or Remy.

:cutie:

7. fredgirls

fredgirls DIS Veteran

I was shocked that really anything goes! Didn't see bikini tops but not far off! But it didn't bother us. We like to dress up but everyone is enjoying their vacation their way. :goodvibes It can get a heated topic on these boards though! ;)

8. princess aleya

princess aleya DIS Veteran

Capris are fine to wear in the main dining room:thumbsup2

9. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Where are you reading dress or pantsuits? The only thing asked on cruise casual nights in no shorts, tank tops or flip flops. Nothing wrong with jeans, capris, etc..

10. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The "dresses or pantsuits" is on the Palo dress code. Your pants and tops sound fine for the cruise casual nights.

Unfortunately, you'll be among the nicer dressed people. It really has deteriorated to almost "anything goes" in the MDRs.

11. DisSarahK

DisSarahK Missing Mickey...

Khakis or slacks with a nice top will work beautifully for the main dining rooms. So would capris. You will not feel out of place at all. Do not feel that you need to go out and buy dresses or a pantsuit!

For Palo, I would wear your nicest pair of slacks with your nicest top. Definitely not capris. You will be on the less-dressy side of things but still fine--we saw quite the range of attire when we dined at Palo. I think brunch is the more casual of the meals at Palo.

I can't speak to Remy as the classic ships don't have this restaurant.

12. LoveStitch

LoveStitch Mouseketeer

Well, now I've looked all over, and would you believe (of course you would!) that I can't find where I saw that anywhere!! The packing list on the Disney site says only what you've said - no shorts, tank tops or flip flops in the dining rooms at dinner. And everyone's answers are making me feel so much more comfortable - thank you!

13. LoveStitch

LoveStitch Mouseketeer

Thank you. Yes, I have a couple of nice dresses I've gotten for weddings in the past that I'm planning on for Palo and Remy, so I'm okay there. They were just a little too formal for casual nights, and I had nothing in-between. But I think I'll be okay from what everyone's said here.

14. Patrickprincess

Patrickprincess HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

I ate in Remy druning my september cruise and i saw many of the ladies wearring cocktail type dreses. I will say that NO ONE WAS WEARRING SHORTS!!!!! Yes the palo brunch is less formal than dinner but i wore my red minnine mouse polo type dress. for Remy dinner i wore a dress that i had gotten many years ago. It was a smiple black beadede short leight dress and i paired it with rienstoned heeled shoes. Mabey because the fantasy is still new i noticed that many of the passngers were well dressed for dinner and while some wore shorts they were the dressy type Hopes this helps

15. jillgunter

jillgunter Mouseketeer

I usually wear some nice linen capri's and a nice top. Or a sundress. Just wear what ever is comfortable for you. I am sure you will be fine. I found some really cute tops at JCPenney on sale today. Great thing about cruising in fall/winter you can get great deals on end of season stuff.

16. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

We did both the Palo and the Remy brunch a few weeks ago and we received a voice mail to our stateroom the day before that no shorts were to be worn. I wore dress/khaki type pants and a nice top for Palo and wore a skirt and top for the Remy brunch (which felt more formal to us but we expected that).