Closing Time!!

Just called our names aren't in the system yet. Used option 3, member accounting. Agent said to call back in a couple days.

Our luck just keep getting better and better. My daughter is buying SS 150 point contract. We have been waiting for Florida recording. We signed and sent all paperwork to title company same day they gave us total $$ needed to close. Now Disney is doing an accounting on points. I thought that was done earlier before estopple was issued.:sad2: On the good side it suppose to be better for us.

Offer submitted to Disney on 2015-2-5, ROFR passed 2015-3-5, received closing documents on 2015-4-1, and deed submitted for county filing today, 2015-4-7. Next up, stalking the Orange County deed website to await posting that filing has indeed occurred. Then I take there is another 2-3 weeks to get the DVC number? Egads, but this is like pulling teeth!

Our deed got finally recorded on the Orange County website 3/23 also....still waiting for the membership number. Tried calling member accounting last Friday, nothing is showing up yet. Such a long wait.....

Offer submitted to Disney on 2015-2-5, ROFR passed 2015-3-5, received closing documents on 2015-4-1, and deed submitted for county filing today, 2015-4-7. Next up, stalking the Orange County deed website to await posting that filing has indeed occurred. Then I take there is another 2-3 weeks to get the DVC number? Egads, but this is like pulling teeth!

Okay, at least Orange County moves quickly! Deed was filed bright and early today, the day after they received the closing paperwork.

Now, the interminable wait for the DVC member number begins.

Okay, at least Orange County moves quickly! Deed was filed bright and early today, the day after they received the closing paperwork.

Now, the interminable wait for the DVC member number begins.

So has anyone lately had any luck with calling MS for their member number at the 10 day mark? It has shown up on the OC comptroller site Monday but still say "This doc is still being worked on and could change" 3 days later ...will this hold up my member number even longer?

Help have waited and waited and waited

So has anyone lately had any luck with calling MS for their member number at the 10 day mark? It has shown up on the OC comptroller site Monday but still say "This doc is still being worked on and could change" 3 days later ...will this hold up my member number even longer?

Help have waited and waited and waited
That notation shouldn't make any difference. But, keep in mind, the average is 12-14 days from the deed showing up on the OC site. Some people reported a quicker response, but don't get your hopes up on day 10.

I called yesterday and received my member number. Deed recorded on 3/25. First DVC trip is booked. Member administration couldn't set up my online account, some error message. MS booked stay and AP on the phone.

Thank You everyone for your information posts. It helped in this long process.

I am going to make my first phone call today. I know to choose option #3. What exactly do you ask them? (I am a new member and want to see if my member # is available?) And can you book with that person, or do you have to call another # to book? Thanks!

When I called the first time, I told them I was a new member and wanted to get my member number. The CM told me to call the broker...... I nicely explained that the deed had already closed and the broker was irrelevant at that point, but the CM was completely clueless and tried none-the-less. All of the subsequent times that I called, I just asked if I could get my member number and didn't say anything about being "new." It seemed to work better that way lol. Good luck!!! pixiedust:

When I called the first time, I told them I was a new member and wanted to get my member number. The CM told me to call the broker...... I nicely explained that the deed had already closed and the broker was irrelevant at that point, but the CM was completely clueless and tried none-the-less. All of the subsequent times that I called, I just asked if I could get my member number and didn't say anything about being "new." It seemed to work better that way lol. Good luck!!! pixiedust:
Thank you! Do they just need your name?

Congratulations to everyone finally getting to make reservations!!!

A couple just asked for my name, one asked for the last 4 of my SSN. When the last one asked for my address I KNEW that I was about to get my member number and practically jumped out of my chair! lol. That CM then transferred me so that I could make my first reservation. In total it was about a 45 min phone call and both CM's were very helpful.

I am so excited for you, you are SO close!!!!! :flower1:

A couple just asked for my name, one asked for the last 4 of my SSN. When the last one asked for my address I KNEW that I was about to get my member number and practically jumped out of my chair! lol. That CM then transferred me so that I could make my first reservation. In total it was about a 45 min phone call and both CM's were very helpful.

I am so excited for you, you are SO close!!!!! :flower1:
Awesome, thanks! Just want to be prepared! :goodvibes
I am not holding out huge hope for today, because we are only on day 10 after closing and deed filed. But crossing my fingers that we can make reservations by the 15th.

I would bet that you get it Monday or Tuesday! Remember to call in the morning and try again later in the afternoon. I called the morning of day 12 and wasn't in the system, called back at 3pm their time and Viola!

I would bet that you get it Monday or Tuesday! Remember to call in the morning and try again later in the afternoon. I called the morning of day 12 and wasn't in the system, called back at 3pm their time and Viola!
party: Woo-hoo! Thanks, will definitely keep trying!

ARGH, just called at 2 p.m. Pacific Time and they are closed until Monday! I even looked up the hours last night, but apparently Member Services has different hours than the general DVC hours. Oh well, I know it wasn't likely to be in the system today anyway . . . but was excited to give it a first try!

Fingers crossed for you for Monday. Have been looking at your mails since our times were so close through the process. SO CLOSE :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter