Closing Time!!

Our deed was recorded today. Does the process speed up if we are existing DVC owners and buying the pts with the same resort/UY as our other contract ?
It will show up as a drop down contract under your same member #. If it was a different UY it would have a diff member # but if titled and processed correctly would still show up in your online account and the drop down menu lists the different member numbers. We were notified last Wednesday we had closed and it was recorded on Tues according to the OCC website. Our 2nd contract (new UY and resort) was loaded yesterday as well as our points. Booked last night online :)
Our time line
Offer made 8/30
Accepted 8/31
Submitted for ROFR 9/6 (seller traveling)
ROFR waived 9/20
Closing Documents Oct 6
Seller again took a while to return closed either 10/17 or 10/18 (was recorded 10/18)
Contract and points loaded 10/26
Not too bad last contract took 69 or 70 days this was just under 60 and could have been a week or more faster if seller was quicker

Offer 9/4
Accepted 9/5
Sent to Disney for ROFR 9/8
Passed ROFR 9/21
Closing Docs 10/17
Deed recorded 10/20
Membership number received by phone 10/27
Booked April Vacation 10/28 :tongue:

Offer submitted/accepted: 9/12
Passes ROFR: 9/21
Closing Docs Received: 10/13
Returned: 10/15
Closed and recorded: 10/20
Now just waiting for points to be deposited into account

Points deposited 9/28!!! :yay:

Our first purchase: AKV

Offer submitted/accepted: 9/2
Passed ROFR: 9/22
Closing Docs Received: 10/17
Returned: 10/19
The seller took a week to send in paperwork. It felt like our title company was really slow.
Closed and Recorded: 11/1

Now the excruciating wait until we can call to get our member # and book a trip. Almost there!

I called on Monday and picked option 3. I was told I wasnt in the system yet. I called today and chose option 3 and the lady wouldnt tell me anything. Said I had to wait for my letter. UGH!! Im trying again tomorrow.

When do you get notice of your closing? Title company said closing would be today but I still haven't heard anything.

When do you get notice of your closing? Title company said closing would be today but I still haven't heard anything.
Both times we bought we were notified the next day by our broker (2 different companies). You can also search the OCC website to see when the deed is recorded

Thanks, Nick. I just tried again and it worked! I went with option 3 where they gave me my member #. I then asked about my activation id and they transferred me to member services. That person gave me my club id and activation code. I was then able to log into the site using my MDE account and I can see that my points have been loaded. I think I'm completely up and running. :)
Which option did you push after option 3. There are 4 options to choose from. Ive called 2 days in a row and chose option 4 and they will not give me any info. They say I have to wait for packet. When I called on Monday they told me I wasn't in the system yet.

Luck of the draw I think...you can call right after and get someone new and they are willing to help. If you have your contract number they seem to be more willing to help....found mine in the OCC filing. Even though I was giving them the old contract they gave me the new one and my membership number. It really depends on who you talk to and tell them you are looking to get your number to book a vacation.

Which option did you push after option 3. There are 4 options to choose from. Ive called 2 days in a row and chose option 4 and they will not give me any info. They say I have to wait for packet. When I called on Monday they told me I wasn't in the system yet.
I think you closed right around the time I did (I closed Oct 26). Everything I've read says to wait until around day 12. You can try sooner around day 8-9 but being in the system then is rare. You may just want to wait a few days.

I think you closed right around the time I did (I closed Oct 26). Everything I've read says to wait until around day 12. You can try sooner around day 8-9 but being in the system then is rare. You may just want to wait a few days.
I closed on the 20th.....the people I spoke to were so good they even placed a call in to member administration to tell me what day they were on based on closing date and they told me they were working on the 20th that afternoon and to call back to get the information. Be confident when you call too....that seems to work well.

I can't remember the next option but I agree that, once you get someone that is willing to help, it was helpful that I had the old contract number. I got mine off of the OCC site as well.

And, for what it is worth, I ended up getting the letter this past weekend. Just short of three weeks after closing.

FINALLY!!!
Offer submitted- 9/10
Offer accepted- 9/11
Sent for ROFR- 9/13
Passed ROFR- 9/20
Closing docs received- 10/18
Closing docs returned- 10/20 (received by closing company 10/21
Seller closing docs received by closing company- 10/31 (10 LOOOONG extra days!)
Closed- 11/2
Deed recorded- 11/3

Yay! :woohoo: Now I will join the rest of you waiting for membership number and points in account. I do plan on calling in about a week and a half because I may be the most impatient person in the world :rotfl2:

Offer 9/16
Accepted 9/16
Sent ROFR 9/21
Passed ROFR 9/30
Closing Docs Received 10/19
Closing Docs Sent 10/20
Seller Docs Received 10/24
Closed and Recorded 10/26
MEMBERSHIP NUMBER 11/4!!!!!!

I tried yesterday and the day before and we weren't in the system. 9 days after closing was the magic number for us. I can login to my account but the points aren't loaded yet.

Offer 9/21
Accepted 9/21
Sent ROFR 9/23
Passed ROFR 9/28
Closing Docs Received 10/17
Closing Docs Sent 10/17
Deed Recorded 10/25

Looks like we are approaching the finish line, I'm guessing another 2-3 weeks from here?
Our last non-DVC trip coming up over New Year's, then we will be DVC crowd from then out!

So, our letter with our member number was waiting on us in the mailbox this evening. We are super excited to get online and play around with it, but it is asking for an activation code in addition to the member number. Can anyone help me know where to find this? Or is this something I must call for? (hoping not, the weekend will drag by otherwise...)

So, our letter with our member number was waiting on us in the mailbox this evening. We are super excited to get online and play around with it, but it is asking for an activation code in addition to the member number. Can anyone help me know where to find this? Or is this something I must call for? (hoping not, the weekend will drag by otherwise...)
Yes you must call for it. I think member services can give it to you and they are there on Sat and Sun (only member accounting and administration are closed for the weekend).

Yes you must call for it. I think member services can give it to you and they are there on Sat and Sun (only member accounting and administration are closed for the weekend).

Ahh. Well, I guess we'll go to sleep with visions of DVC dancing in our heads....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter