Closing Time!!

Was there a certain number you called for this? It seems to be hit and miss to get your number by calling. We closed on AUg 26, and seeing how soon after you were able to receive your number, I thought I would give it a try!

I called member services and pressed option for member administration

Our timeline
Offer Submitted / Accepted - 6/28
Entered ROFR - 6/29
Passed ROFR - 7/25
Received Closing Docs - 8/18
Closed - 8/29. (Might have been sooner but closing docs arrived while we were on vacation so delayed
getting check sent by about 4 days.)
Deed Recorded - 8/31

64 days.

Now just anxiously waiting on the member number to book or bank the points.

I sent my offer on 7/14.
It passed ROFR on 8/8.
Completed estoppel on 8/29.
Closed on 9/6.
Deed recorded 9/7.

Total time = 56 days - just 8 weeks!

Also anxiously checking my account to see if the points have loaded.

Thats wonderful! A quick process compared to mine. Hope we both get our member number soon. Congratulations! First time DVC owner for me so expect to be longer than existing owners, but it's all good!

Offer sent 7/14.
Passed ROFR 8/8.
Completed estoppel 8/29.
Closed 9/6.
Deed recorded 9/7.

I got the official closing documents from the title company in the mail yesterday (9/12).

I've been anxiously checking my DVCmember account for the points since closing. As of this morning (9/13), the contract ID has been entered but the points haven't been loaded yet. One step closer.

Total number of elapsed days = 62 days (and counting)

Our offer was accepted on 8/19 and sent to Disney on 8/22. We passed ROFR on 9/7 (17 day). Received our closing documents yesterday (9/12) and mailed them back today with our check. ☺

My points are in my account this afternoon! I'm breathing a sigh of relief after following the "Seller used points AFTER estoppel" thread.

The total elapsed time from offer to points in my account was 63 days. So glad to be done with everything. Good luck to those of you who are still in the waiting process.

My points are in my account this afternoon! I'm breathing a sigh of relief after following the "Seller used points AFTER estoppel" thread.

The total elapsed time from offer to points in my account was 63 days. So glad to be done with everything. Good luck to those of you who are still in the waiting process.

I've been watching that thread nervously, too! Our deed was recorded right around the same time as yours so hoping our points will be available to us soon, but this is our first time buying so no member number yet... Maybe I should try calling.

Got a piece of Mickey Mail today and was all excited thinking it must have gotten done super fast.... Nope, was an invitation to join the Disney movie club :rolleyes1

Tried calling member services to see if I could get a member number or anything, but they said I needed to have at least 1 of 3 pieces of info to verify who I am (one being last 4 of ss number, which they don't have on file for me). So guess I'm still waiting for mail at this point. The good part is that I was in the system since he was able to look me up by name... So that at least was encouraging :ccat:

Our timeline
Offer Submitted / Accepted - 6/28
Entered ROFR - 6/29
Passed ROFR - 7/25
Received Closing Docs - 8/18
Closed - 8/29. (Might have been sooner but closing docs arrived while we were on vacation so delayed
getting check sent by about 4 days.)
Deed Recorded - 8/31

64 days.

Now just anxiously waiting on the member number to book or bank the points.

I received the letter with member number yesterday 9/17. Woohoo!!:)

Our timeline
Offer Submitted / Sent to ROFR - 8/19
Passed ROFR - 9/7
Received Closing Docs - 9/23
Closed - 9/26

Waiting for deed to be recorded and Disney to transfer points. 38 days and counting...

Offer accepted/sent ROFR 7/13
passed ROFR 8/9
Received closing docs 9/2
Closed 9/12
Still waiting on points to show up...already a member

Our timeline
Offer Submitted / Sent to ROFR - 8/19
Passed ROFR - 9/7
Received Closing Docs - 9/23
Closed - 9/26

Waiting for deed to be recorded and Disney to transfer points. 38 days and counting...
Congrats on a really quick timeline. Hopefully won't be too much longer.

Hi

Our deed got recorded last week and Disney has been informed of the transfer also.

When would be a good time to contact dvc and try to get my member ID? - I could wait for it in the snail mail but it seems some had luck calling in and talking to member administration.

Regards.

Hi

Our deed got recorded last week and Disney has been informed of the transfer also.

When would be a good time to contact dvc and try to get my member ID? - I could wait for it in the snail mail but it seems some had luck calling in and talking to member administration.

Regards.

I waited 2 weeks after the deed was recorded before I called. It took 3 calls before I got the number, but they were veryhelpful getting everything set up after that for online access.
Good luck.

I waited 2 weeks after the deed was recorded before I called. It took 3 calls before I got the number, but they were veryhelpful getting everything set up after that for online access.
Good luck.

Perfect, I'll give it another week before start calling :)

Regards

Good luck.
Hello, and apologies if you posted this already and I just can't find it, what number did you call where they finally helped you? We closed today, I'd like to keep that in my back pocket in case....

Hello, and apologies if you posted this already and I just can't find it, what number did you call where they finally helped you? We closed today, I'd like to keep that in my back pocket in case....

You call the Disney Vacation Club number. I called option 3. Told them that we had received our letter. Went to call to get our member ID and can't find the letter. The first call they transferred me to member services. having read the threads, I hung up during the transer and called back. Took 3 calls and got somebody that would help me.

Once you have your member number, give member services a call. tell them you have your membership ID number, but need your club ID and activation code (you need these for online access and they are different than the member ID). If you make sure you have the link account box checked and use the same email and password, it will link to your my disney account.

Offer: 7/19
Accepted: 7/22
Sent 7/23
Passed ROFR 8/19
Closing Docs: 9/9
Returned (Received from Title Co): 9/12
Recorded: 9/21
Points Loaded: 9/30

Total days from Offer to Points: 70

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter