Closing through Disney..

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by babesboo99, Mar 28, 2013.

1. babesboo99

babesboo99 Veteren Disney Vacationer

Talked to my guide yesterday and he said there are only a couple people ahead of us on the wait list. I was wondering how fast do they work once they call you and tell you they have the points?Granted I won't be booking till the fall I was just wondering when my points would be in

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

With a direct purchase, you will have access to the points immediately once a deposit has been paid. You will not need to wait until closing.

Enjoy! :)

4. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

And you might not get a call. The points might just show up and your card get charged.

Happened to us once. I was all set to rent points for a few extra days for a vacation planned and went to the member site for info on availability and there were the points I had been waiting for.

No call. Now some posters have reported getting calls, but it wouldn't hurt to check your account once in a while. You might get a nice surprise!

5. babesboo99

Where would I go to check my account?

6. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Are you a new owner or is this an add-on?

:earsboy: Bill

7. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

If you are a current member, they will show up in your account online. If you are not yet a member, you will receive a Welcome packet in the mail (if you don't get a call from your guide). If you are not yet a member I'd keep calling your guide to check the status.

8. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Also you could check your credit card to see if it has been charged. People have said the charge just showed up that is how they knew! Good luck

9. babesboo99

I would be a new member,and thank you for the information. I guess I will have to wait for a call or a welcome packet either way very excited..