closing documents?

hoops1978

Earning My Ears
I passed ROFR last tuesday the 8th. Still waiting on closing documents. they said around 10 days. Is that 10 calendar days or business days?

We got closing papers 8 calendar days after passing last month. They said 10-14. Sadly we were at WDW and could not get cashier's check till we got home. Closed now!!!:)

We were notified Tuesday the 8th at 4:00 PM we passed.
We had the closing papers on Friday the 11th at 11:00 AM.

Your closing company cannot start the documents until they have an estoppel for the transaction. Some companies request during the ROFR process, some after - our did after Disney waived their ROFR.

Ask your closing company if 10 days is business (most would quote) or calendar days and make sure to inform them of anything that would delay closing from your side.

We had planned to be away and calling our closing company, they then pressed to create the documents so we had just a few days after the estoppel was received back. This way all was taken care of and returned to them to finalize (and they pressed the seller to return promptly too) so we physically closed in just over 1 week after asking them about the documents.

closing docs came through email this morning. going to fill them out and get a cashiers check and send everything back in the morning. We are scheduled to close on Nov 4th but hopefully sooner.

We heard we passed ROFR on Tues. Oct. 1 and had our closing documents on the 8th. We sent them right back and we were notified today that we are all closed and now have to wait to get our membership number from Disney. Said it could be 14-28 days. What has anyone's experience been in this regard. I am just getting anxious to make our reservations for next Aug. at the BW. Since we are still 10 months out (maybe 9 months when we finally get the membership number) will be have any trouble getting a preferred view 2 bedroom at our home resort (Boardwalk). I just want to know we are all set to go.

We passed ROFR on 10/8 and had closing documents on 10/11. We used Fidelity (if that helps any).

We passed ROFR on Oct. 8th also and still have not received the closing documents. Our other contract passed ROFR the same day and we already have the closing documents, but there is a small error. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix. We bought through two different companies so I can't really say that one is better than the other. I just am anxious to get the paper work over with and be a bona fide DVC member.:love:

We heard we passed ROFR on Tues. Oct. 1 and had our closing documents on the 8th. We sent them right back and we were notified today that we are all closed and now have to wait to get our membership number from Disney. Said it could be 14-28 days. What has anyone's experience been in this regard. I am just getting anxious to make our reservations for next Aug. at the BW. Since we are still 10 months out (maybe 9 months when we finally get the membership number) will be have any trouble getting a preferred view 2 bedroom at our home resort (Boardwalk). I just want to know we are all set to go.

We closed on 9/19th and received our membership number via a letter in U.S. mail on October 4th. I called that day and was able to access reservations online and make a reservation for next July without any problems.

So basically two weeks from closing to receiving membership number.

I don't think you will have problem getting the reservations for August. If you were writhing the 7 mont time frame that would be different. I got August at Boardwalk at 7 months out though....and it's not my home resort. I think you will be fine:)

Has anyone been uncomfortable with signing the closing docs? The first time I purchased I didn't read them and just signed but this time I read everything and I can't bring myself to sign the waiver form stating that the contract is fulfilled and the title company is no longer liable and it's cleared to close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!