Closing and maintenance fees

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by collections, Apr 4, 2013.

1. collections

collections Mouseketeer

I'm in the middle of negotiating to buy a 150 point contract and I'm unsure what to do regarding the closing and maintenance fees. If I pay both will it be less likely that Disney will take the contract back?

Thanks for the help. I've waited so long to buy, and I want to put myself in the best possible position for the points to be mine.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Splashboat

Splashboat Always looking for cheap airfare

I am sure others will respond but I don't think that Disney cares who pays them - they get paid the same one way or the other.

4. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

From everything ive read & what we offered, buyer pays all unless there were points used for this yr, in which case seller would pay whatever portion of used points for this year they used. Fair is fair. Or negotiate what you want. We paid $3 over asking price because we thought $60 was too low (ssr but every1 has their own opinion & what theyre willing to pay) & are hoping that'll somehow help. On day 16in rofr. Good luck.

5. collections

collections Mouseketeer

I'm fine with the price per point and according to the agent it is higher than contracts that Disney has taken back this week.
    The agent also told me that the maintenance fees and closing costs are often split between buyer and seller. I'm just curious if the buyer paying both is more likely to get the contract past Disney.

6. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

I don't think it really matters and we really have no way of knowing. I have bought contracts where I was the buyer paid closing and MF's and one where I only paid closing, even though I got all the points for the year.

And, given what has happened in the past few weeks, I am not any contract is 100% safe. Go I with what you feel works for you and go from there..

7. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

It doesnt really matter. Honestly, i think its all up to the wait list. If theres someone on it & ur contract is next, regardless of the price its gone.

8. collections

collections Mouseketeer

I just heard back from the agent. The seller was not willing to negotiate on maintenance fees and closing cost, so I will be paying them.

9. AppleDisneyDad

AppleDisneyDad Quietly Lurking DVC Gold

I must be the oddball. I have offered a higher ppp but had the seller pay part or all of the fees in return. This may have been a mistaken effort on my part to get through ROFR.

In my experience almost anything monetary is negotiable. Morals and ethics not as often but if you watch politics....

Good luck.