1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Closest value resort to Downtown Disney?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SRiley1985, Feb 13, 2013.

1. SRiley1985

SRiley1985 Mouseketeer

I swore I would never stay at a value again but we are adding a night on at the beginning of our trip before we check into BCV and I can't really justify spending twice the amount of money on a mod when our flight doesn't even get in until 7PM. I was thinking we would go to DTD to get some dinner after checking in but I know the All Stars are over by Animal Kingdom, right? I was hoping to make somewhat of a quick trip over LOL. Is Pop/AofA any closer? :confused3 Maybe I should just suck it up and pay the difference.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

The "closest" would be POP or AoA. They are on the other side of DHS.

If you want convenience, I would check a room only at POFQ.

4. WizardLarz

WizardLarz DIS Veteran

Yes, Pop Century & Art of Animation are closer to DTD than the All Stars.

Also POP will be the Cheaper of the 2.

You could check room only at Riverside or French Quarter (POR the cheap of those 2) and then you can take the boat down to DTD.

5. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

ssr and okw are dvc resorts - don't know if you are a DVC member - but OKW point wise is still a bargin.

SSR is next door to DD - so you can walk, boat or bus to it.

OKW is further away - you can boat or bus to it also - the walking path is in the back near building 55 - so if you go this route - would not take the boat.

6. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

POR and POFQ are both on the boat route to DTD. They are great resorts. It would be a comprimise to one night at a Deluxe price wise or one night at a Value where you have a long and drawn out bus ride.

7. chuckinthechat

chuckinthechat Mouseketeer

The only thing I would possibly suggest is staying at an off property hotel that is right next to DtDas a possibility

8. SRiley1985

SRiley1985 Mouseketeer

We are just going to stay at Pop. We are just going to check out AofA and swim instead of heading to DTD.