Closest rental car agency to port?

ivanova

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Hi
Which rental car agency is closest to Port Canaveral? How convenient/easy is it to drop off a rental car, then get to the port?

Check out Dave's website for lot's of information on car rentals and everything else about Port Canaveral.

We rented a car with Avis after our last cruise and had to wait forever for a shuttle. We took our time getting off the ship and I think the later you wait, the harder it is to get a shuttle.

We used Budget a while back, and it was really easy to drop off the car. They are on the righthand side of A1A, and there is a gas station right before you get to Budget so you can top off the tank. Their shuttle was nice & prompt, and it was only minutes away from the port. They are not far from the Radisson.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawyclub.com

We also had a good experience with Budget on our 4/17 cruise. Didn't wait long on either end for shuttle to or from port. The drivers and other passengers were very nice and friendly, and
DISer's!!

Another good Budget story. We used it a few weeks ago after the cruise and it worked well. It is probably only 3 blocks or so from the Radisson also. Prompt shuttle, good location.

We have used Budget several times. It was quick and easy and much less than using the transfers. They Budget office is about 3 miles from the port. DH drops us off at the terminal. We go and check everyone in and by the time I have our KTTW cards he is back and ready to board the ship.

Here's another vote for Budget. Instead of dropping luggage at the port and then going to return the car, we decided to return the car first and all go to the port at the same time. No problems........ that worked very well.

We were in the same van as lsutigger2 on the trip back to Budget from the port.

What is the location of the Budget that is near the port? That is, what do I put into the form for "drop off?" We would be getting the car at MCO.

Thanks,
Bobbi:D

OK, we did it, we're using Budget for our rental cars, thanks for the info!

6 months from right now, we'll be on the Wonder!

Bobbi:D

I used Avis on May 8 and did not have a bit of trouble, and I swear we had to be some of the last people off the ship. They were practically closing the doors behind us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter