• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closest/Best Grocery to Dolphin/BWV area

disynut

DIS Veteran
Sorry--I know this has been posted to death but the search I did didn't pull up this area specifically, and I need specific directions, lol! If someone can give me a good grocery I can go to the site and find it's address, but I don't have a clue as to which one would be the closest/easiest to get to.

We are renting a car from the Dolphin and will drive from there to go to the grocery, then return to our villa at the BWV. I may be driving myself, and I always let DH do the driving in orlando. :earseek: so I need all the help I can get!

TIA,
Jen

There is a new Walmart on 535 just down from Hotel Plaza Blvd. About 4 lights I think. We love it. We don't have to go all the way down to 192 any more. There is also a Publix out there.

The closest grocery store for you will be the Goodings at Crossroads Plaza. From the Dolphin/Swan area, take Buena Vista Drive past the downtown disney area until it becomes Hotel Plaza Blvd. When you come to the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd You will crossover 535 into the Crossroads Plaza and find Goodings, a very large grocery store that will definitely have everything you are looking for.

Goodings is closest but it is quite expensive. If you go out that gate near Goodings (Hotel Plaza Blvd) and take a left, there will be a Winn Dixie about 5-10 minutes down the road, and it is more of a "normal" grocery store, with better prices.

Goodings capitalizes on the fact that it is literally right outside Disney's gates, and they reaise their prices accordingly.

There is also a Publix on SR 192 which we go to a lot and like.

Goodings IS rather expensive, and has no better selection than the other stores mentioned. Goodings, Publix, and Wal-Mart are all in the same general area. Yes, Goodings may be the closest, but by yards, not miles.

Here are the directions tot he Super WalMart from BWV

From BWV, take a right out of the resort, left at Buena Vista, continue past CBR and Bonnet Creek and take the exit to 536 (Epcot Center Blvd). Get into the left lane on 536 until you pass the I-4 exits. When you get to 535 turn right for the new Walmart, it's about a mile down the road.

we went to walmart on our last trip and i could not believe how cheap they were! very easy to get to and the directions above are spot on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter