Closest beach?

momto2

greet each new day as a magical journey.
What beach is the closest to DLR? What is the best way to get there? Is there anything to do there?

We will be at DLR in March and would like to spend an afternoon at the ocean. Is it doable without a rental car? Any recommendations would be appreciated. :beach:

We did Huntington Beach in April 2012 for the morning. Easy to get to, it was too cool to swim that morning and the waves just bowled my daughter over (3y)! We walked down the pier to ruby's and had breakfast, took some great pics, stuck our toes in the ocean. It was nice! Planning to try crescent bay/Laguna beach this spring. :)

Huntington Beach and Newport Beaches are your closest beaches. I recommend getting a rental car, but you could take buses if you don't want to rent a car.

I recently did a Day Six segment on our podcast about Huntington Beach (it's a series that I'm doing). My next segment will be on Newport Beach.

Show Notes page

Recording link

We have done Huntington and Newport and they are very close. We have done a few others that are a bit further (Laguna and Santa Monica) but they were no better beach wise. It is not a bad drive, it can get congested though driving there and back as traffic can pop up at anytime. I'd rent a car though, then you can set your own pace!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter