Closer to Home?

yndygo

Knee Deep in Pixie Dust
Sheer speculation - but a friend of a friend says that she heard DCL was thinking about adding Bermuda as an itinerary... but not whether that was before or after the new ships.

Made me start thinking that the "DCL will be staying closer to home in 2009" might just refer to Bermuda...

I mean, the fact that they won't necessarily sell out the Caribbean in summer so would look for something 'special' which they know would sell out, plus the 'staying closer to home' statements makes Bermuda look like a good possible 'special' itinerary. It's 900 miles from Castaway Cay - but it's still a heckuva lot closer than LA/Mexico, Med, or Alaska.

Just something else to throw out there into the 'Where are they going 2009' lottery.

I hadn't seen anyone else mention it - so I thought I'd bring it up.

:confused3

me too actually... Alaska is my #1 choice of "ooooh I hope they go there!!"
But I'd probably still book Bermuda, it's lovely there...
I doubt we'd do 2009 if they stay in the Caribbean tho. We can do it so much less expensively at other times of the year.

(crossing fingers) Please be Alaska, please be Alaska. Please leave from Seattle, please leave from Seattle.

Do you know how nice it would be to be able to drive 30 minutes from home to get on the boat??

Been to Alaska twice, and it is the most beautiful place on earth...this coming from someone who lives in a place everyone says is the most beautiful place on earth!

Shelley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter