(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
and would definitely be more environmentally friendly if we could reuse the old ones until we see fit to replace time

we used to collect them when they were resort specific but now they are generic we just toss them - there is only so much room in the cupboards for these and there are only 3 of us so we don't need 30 or 40 of them

I have mugs from almost every year, since '99. My mugs, bought in '99 from DxL, were sold as 'good forever'...yes, there was signage to that effect. When I returned to POR (the renamed DxLs), there was signage to the effect that refillable mugs were good at that resort only and good only for the lenght of that stay in which it was purchased. Naturally, the design was different due to the name change.
I have mugs from the Polynesian, bought in '03, that have no writing on them...but, there was signage that stated the mugs were good for the resort in which they were purchased, for the duration of that stay. Or something pretty similar. A few years later, Disney started adding the 'rules' to the actual mug in addition to the signage at the mug shelf.
I doubt there were any sold, other than at CSR perhaps, after 2000 that were good for life. At least that was my experience.

My hubby and I stayed 3 nights at POFQ in the first week or so of January 2000 on our Honeymoon. We bought 2 mugs there and I remember specifically that they were sold as "good forever" as well (and I too recall the signs). We lugged those mugs around through several moves over the last 10 years, just because we thought maybe one day we'd use them again. :lmao: When we finally went back to Disney though, we stayed at Beach Club, then OKW. Oddly enough, we've never been back to POFQ even though we really loved it.

But we STILL have at least one of those mugs (I think we finally lost or broke the other??). And gosh darn it - one of these days - after all these years of lugging it across states and such in moves - we WILL get at least one refill in that mug! :)

I just wanted to ask if hot tea was also included with the refillable mugs-

and if so, do they offer different types of tea at the resorts (Staying at POR)

Thanks!!!

I just wanted to ask if hot tea was also included with the refillable mugs-

and if so, do they offer different types of tea at the resorts (Staying at POR)

Thanks!!!
Yes hot tea is included with the mugs. At each of the resort counter service locations there should be a box of various teas located by the drink machines, so you take the one you want and then poor the hot water into your mug. The one exception is the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary because over there they keep their tea bags at the cash registers, so you need to show the Cast Member your mug and ask for one of them.

So, I posted as I see many others have about wishing Disney would allow a re-use your refillable mug for a fee less than the purchase price of a new mug. A so called length of stay fee for each additional trip you might take after the original purchase of your mug. My question to the moderators is where exactly can those of us who would like to see this option sent this request to Disney? Is there an email or phone number to contact? I think that this would be a very enviromentally friendly option on the part of both Disney and repeat Guests. The option to keep buying new mugs would still be there for those collectors out there and new Disney Guest. This might offer the best solution to cover both camps so to speak.

Great question. As a proponent of the fee to re-use my mug for each length-of-stay, I'm hoping someone can provide contact information!

Canadian Guy--love the sticky.

Is it possible to list the refill locations at each resort in it? I know an old one is on another site, but updating here would be helpful.

If you are staying club level would you even need to purchase a mug?
Well each Club Level lounge at the Deluxe Resorts offers various Sodas, however if there is a specifc drink you might want they might have it and it could offered at that resorts counter service location in their drink machine. So basically my opinion is if someone who is staying Club Level wants to purchase the mugs that's ok, however if they don't want to then that's also ok.

Canadian Guy--love the sticky.

Is it possible to list the refill locations at each resort in it? I know an old one is on another site, but updating here would be helpful.

I have a questions as well..............if I'm going to bring my own coffee (VIA) because I don't like disney coffee, do i need to buy a mug just for hot water????:confused:

Anyone just back? Have they issued new mugs this year?

I have mugs from last August. Staying at CBR in 5 weeks. I'm hoping for new ones for my collection (I have 10 different mugs from various past vacations).

I just came back about two weeks ago and the mugs are the same as they were in October, but slightly different then they were in February.

We are staying at POR. Does anyone know if there is a place to get cold water for your refillable mug or do you have to buy bottled water? We are not big soda/coffee drinkers. Thank you

Hot and Cold running water is just tap water either in your room or at the 'washing' sink at the drinks stand.

Orlando drinking water (or at least Disney's version of it) tastes 'funny' to some and perfectly normal to others.

:)

The two different Celebration mugs;

IMG_6951.jpg

I like the red lid better because it fits into a cup holder in the car. There are different colored lids and handles, I think there was also black besides red and yellow, so I'll probably get black next if the mugs don't change again before my next trip. Just so they have some variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter