(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooppsss Sorry wrong thread! hee hee

I thought this was the new way they are going to do the mugs and was wondering if they had started yet at POP.:goodvibes

Wow, $17.99 for 4+ days!!! And it can't be microwaved. As someone who has an entire kitchen cupboard full of WDW mugs, this may cause us to stop purchasing them.

I brought last year's mug to work (the pool scene) and two people asked me if it was a vintage mug because they thought the art and color were old and faded.

I really wish the new design was more modern. A new design would convince me to spend $18.

I'm curious to see how this new system works if you just want ice water since you don't need a mug for that.

anyone there? Has it started yet at All Stars?? If the design is the same I think I am going to skip the mug. We buy it as a souvenir mostly and already have two of that design. We drink milk and water mostly. Hey do they work for hot chocolate?

anyone there? Has it started yet at All Stars?? If the design is the same I think I am going to skip the mug. We buy it as a souvenir mostly and already have two of that design. We drink milk and water mostly. Hey do they work for hot chocolate?

I was at All-Star Movies Wednesday July 10 through today, Monday, July 15th. I used both the Music and Movies food courts and no changes were going on yet. They were still stocking all the current mugs and all the same soda dispensers were in full use. If you didn't read the DIS you'd have no idea a new mug system is coming.

Yes, you can use your mugs for hot chocolate.

I was at All-Star Movies Wednesday July 10 through today, Monday, July 15th. I used both the Music and Movies food courts and no changes were going on yet. They were still stocking all the current mugs and all the same soda dispensers were in full use. If you didn't read the DIS you'd have no idea a new mug system is coming.

Yes, you can use your mugs for hot chocolate.

Oh thanks for the update! Maybe they are behind schedule. Mind you I am always how shocked at how quickly Disney achieve changes. We left MK for an hour came back to full halloween decs one day! Not even a sign of a cast member sweating or a ladder lol.

(waves) I just caught up on the recent podcast and heard about the new RapidRefill mug program. John, I think, mentioned that there's now a delay between fill-ups.

Question: I mostly use the mug for iced tea. I fill it 2/3 with unsweetened tea and then add a splash of sweet tea. With the new program, I wonder if I'll be able to do this! Anyone know?

Thanks!

Do we know for sure that there will be a delay in-between uses/fill-ups? There was for the test, but I'm holding out hope that enough people complained about the delay..

Question: I mostly use the mug for iced tea. I fill it 2/3 with unsweetened tea and then add a splash of sweet tea. With the new program, I wonder if I'll be able to do this! Anyone know?

An answer with a speculative question - depends on if the current Gold Peak Iced Tea dispensers will remain as is, or will be replaced with RFID-capable dispensers. I'm kind of wondering if the non-soda dispensers (Gold Peak, coffee, hot chocolate) will continue as-is, especially since they are still there (as of July 15th) but All-Star Music apparently already has what will be the new RFID soda dispensers, but aren't active yet.

Oh thanks for the update! Maybe they are behind schedule. Mind you I am always how shocked at how quickly Disney achieve changes. We left MK for an hour came back to full halloween decs one day! Not even a sign of a cast member sweating or a ladder lol.

So apparently I was both right and wrong. According to this MouseSteps report, the new RFID machines are in place at Music (and I saw and used them) but the RFID system isn't active yet, at least as of Sunday 7/14 when I used them last. Movies does not have these same dispensers yet. I saw no RapidFill logos anywhere.

The coffee and Gold Peak dispensers are all still in place and I would speculate those won't require RFID...the new Joffrey brewed coffee lets them put out extra urns in the morning all over the place, so it wouldn't seem as likely (at least in the short term) that the varying amount of coffee dispensers would all be using RFID.

An answer with a speculative question - depends on if the current Gold Peak Iced Tea dispensers will remain as is, or will be replaced with RFID-capable dispensers. I'm kind of wondering if the non-soda dispensers (Gold Peak, coffee, hot chocolate) will continue as-is, especially since they are still there (as of July 15th) but All-Star Music apparently already has what will be the new RFID soda dispensers, but aren't active yet.

Such a good point! Now I'm wondering too. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Thinking about it makes my November trip seem not-so-far away!

I tend to drink a lot of the tea while we are there so this would be a great thing if true! I always like when really thirsty, fill up, drink a few gulps, then top back off to head to the room. If there is a delay, I could fill it up with something out of the RFID machines, drink it, then rinse and fill up with tea :idea:

I've always been a fan of the refillable mug program. I think we have over 60 mugs from various resorts in this household (or in storage). I really enjoy seeing the different mugs and the way they changed from year to year or resort to resort. I've watched that program slowly deteriorate to the point where it is no longer fun and almost seems like Disney paints everyone with the same brush and looks at all of their resort guests with suspicion. I'm going to say that I have indeed brought my refill mugs back to resorts on various trips throughout the year BUT, I always pay for a new one and have asked staff if it would be ok for me to use one of my older mugs even though I have bought and paid for a new one. They have always been very accommodating and told me it was no problem since I had paid for a new mug anyway. I enjoy using some of the old mugs because they're a bit of a novelty and well, let's face it, I'm just a nostaligic person. I love when I see other guests with older mugs as well, especially ones I have never seen before.. it's a great conversation starter.
My question is... why couldn't Disney just offer RFID bands that get clipped on to the handle of your mug with each visit so you could have the choice of buying a new mug, or simply bringing your old ones (I'm not asking for a discount... you would still pay the new mug price regardless, but the chip would be clipped on like a store security tag).
Not only would it allow people to use their older mugs, but it's environmental.
Seems like there are going to be a lot of kinks to be worked out with this new system and a lot of refill mugs ending up in the landfills.

The soda machines at POP now have small two 5 inch screens on each one. The first part of our trip only one island had them, but today I noticed all three islands had the new soda machines installed.

The soda machines at POP now have small two 5 inch screens on each one. The first part of our trip only one island had them, but today I noticed all three islands had the new soda machines installed.

How exciting! Thanks for the info! I hope you are having a fabulous trip! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter