*** CLOSED**** Please follow link in last post...

What was that part in the first post about kids ages 6-14 can participate in the AKL African culture fun & games for $70? I thought most of the activities around the lodge were included. Is this for certain crafts, etc?

What was that part in the first post about kids ages 6-14 can participate in the AKL African culture fun & games for $70? I thought most of the activities around the lodge were included. Is this for certain crafts, etc?

I have no idea what that refers to. Most,if not all, activities are free.

I believe that this refers to Animal Kingdom Lodge Busch Camp. I am not sure if this is still offered, but this used to run for two or three hours on Saturdays.

Corinna

Please add us. Kidani Village 2 bedroom; February 15 - February 22.

You have been added
February
RachelTori, 3rd – 8th, AKV Jambo
MSUmom, 15th – 22nd, Kidani
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 20th – 24th, AKL CL (Running Princess ½ Marathon)

Please add our trips as well:

2013: Nov 26 - Dec 3 @ AKV Kidani

2014: May 5 - May 11 @ AKV Jambo (after 3 nights BWI CL & 3 nights WL CL, April 29 - May 5)

I have added you

November
Cinderella1122, Oct 31st - 5th, Jambo
PNO4TE, 1st AKL CL
PNO4TE, 2nd – 9th, BC
RachelTori, 2nd – 9th, Swan and BCV
Sydney2977, 3rd-10th, AKL
Barnabas T Bullion 7th – 11th, AKL Jambo
rquebral, 7th – 12th, Jambo
drujaz, 6th – 15th, AKV Kidani
tiggerlvr27, 11th – 15th, AKL
MrsRaleigh, 11th – 20th, AKL
Tinker326, 12th – 19th, Kidani
Irishlisa, 15th – 18th, GV Kidani
Meekogsd, 15th – 21st, AKL
RebelSoul, 26th – Dec 3rd, AKV Kidani
patclairesmom, 27th – 29th, Kidani
patclairesmom, 29th – Dec 3rd, AKV Jambo
saratogastehr, 29th – Dec 6th, AKL Jambo
CupcakeKelly, 30th, BLT
Disneyholic, 30th – Dec 2nd, Kidani (after our 7 night DCL Western Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy)
Racemom17, 30th – Dec 4th, AKL

May
RebelSoul, 5th – 11th, AKV Jambo
DevonsDisneyMom, 9th – 17th, AKV Jambo
Momto8, 23rd – 30th, Jambo House

Yes,
Some of the adventures cost extra.

Please add me as well, February 9-15 1 bedroom Kidani

Thank you!

You have been added

February
RachelTori, 3rd – 8th, AKV Jambo
WildGinger, 9th – 15th, Kidani
MSUmom, 15th – 22nd, Kidani
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 20th – 24th, AKL CL (Running Princess ½ Marathon)

Tonyslady- have fun planning your trip! I've been in your shoes, planning while DH was on deployment. It'll be so rewarding to get to visit WDW when he returns! Does he know you're going yet?

Thanks! Yes he does know we were originally planning to go end of may/beginning of june for summer vacation but as it turns out he will have to report for some schooling the first week of June. So we decided to go for spring break. He is supposed to be home by the end of Feb so now all i have to do is hope and pray he doesn't get extended over there for some reason. I am trying to think of a way to surprise the kids but It'll have to wait till i have a better time frame of when he'll actually get home.

Thanks! Yes he does know we were originally planning to go end of may/beginning of june for summer vacation but as it turns out he will have to report for some schooling the first week of June. So we decided to go for spring break. He is supposed to be home by the end of Feb so now all i have to do is hope and pray he doesn't get extended over there for some reason. I am trying to think of a way to surprise the kids but It'll have to wait till i have a better time frame of when he'll actually get home.

We will all be celebrating with you and your family! :grouphug:

A HUGE THANK YOU to your DH and to you & your kids for the sacrifices you all are making. :worship::worship:

May you have the most magical Disney vacation ever! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hi all! Please add us to the list! We are stayin for one night at the end of our trip in Nov. super excited!!! November 9-10.

For all you AK experts...........
We are considering staying at AKL with a 35% off BB offer, and to save a bit of money we were looking at a pool view room instead of an "animal" view room. We figure jumping up to a pool view would get us a room closer to the lobby, vs having to take the LONG hike to a possible room at the end of one of the wings.
We have stayed at AK already but it was a while ago. We had a CL room directly overlooking the main lobby on the 5th floor with a sunset savanna view..........I dont even think they have these CL rooms any longer ??? It was a bunk bed room, with a king bed AND a day bed. It was such a great Room ! I understand that those rooms are now DVC ?
Anyway, if we decide on a pool view room can we request a king bed, with a daybed room ? Do they have these rooms in the pool view side? I dont see an option for a bookable king bed room, so I guess its just a request ?

Hoping a pool view room will keep us close to the pool,lobby,Mara and the bus stops ..........I do remember those AKL hallways can be LONG !!! LOL.

Thanks for some help !

Syndrome

Not that I expect it, but I've heard sometimes people get upgraded. We have just booked a standard room, and honestly I'd be happy with a view of a wall just to get to stay at AKL! I called Disney to see if I could request a bunk bed room, and the CM said they are not available in standard rooms. Still not a problem. But if we do online check-in, won't they automatically assign us a room? I was hoping for some pixie dust that maybe when we check in at the resort, they would have an upgrade available. Is that true, or may they still do that with online check in? Any opinions would be appreciated!

Making our first visit to WDW. Split stay, with second half at AKV Jambo SV June 3 - 10. This will be the first time we use our DVC points. YEAH! Looking forward to the resort and the animals. DD absolutely loves zebras so she is really excited.

First half will be (hopefully) at BLT May 29 - June 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter