(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me about the studios at the Villa's? All the literature I have found online, including the links at the beginning of this thread, state it sleeps 4 adults. However when I look on Disney's website- it states there is a pull down twin size bed and it can sleep 5 adults. Has anyone seen or experienced the "updated" studio?

The studios were recently rehabbed and they now sleep five. There are links to the pictures in post#19 of this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50126423&postcount=19

There are some great pictures in this thread. In fact, the whole thread discusses the villas rehab. :)

VWL Refurb Info

Hi Everybody! I am joining in late from the West coast as well. Thanks so much Kook for posting the thread and all your work conveying useful information.

I can't wait to visit WL in September, just 84 days away... :thumbsup2

So excited for our first stay in the lodge in November!

Just curious? No one is worried about the pool anymore? I was looking at the pictures (of the hotel) this morning and it makes me sad to think of switching to another hotel.

I wonder how bad the construction will be....tarps, walls, lots of noise, or minimal?

As always, great job on the new thread, KOOK :thumbsup2

For all you club level aficionados...how would you say the WL Old Faithful Club stacks up with their food offerings? I was lucky enough to have some pixie dust and upgraded to Old Faithful on my one and only one-night stay at the Lodge, and was blown away by the offerings (and the pictures and menus posted here). Are all club levels this good?

WL CL was our first CL stay and we loved it. Have only stayed 2 CLs since (GF RPC and GF SL) and while RPC is my favorite, WL CL runs a very close second. Both have great offerings, great lounges, and wonderful CMs.

Speaking of CL, I am thinking of changing from CV to CL for this trip in October. We want to try new things rather than just rush rush rush with the parks all day, and CL sounds nice, especially with the food offerings!

The WL is an amazing resort in any room category, but CL just adds to it, IMO. The lounge is a great place to relax, the food offerings are great, and the CL CMs treat you like family. If it's doable, I'd make the change.

Subscribing to this new thread. Excited to have our first stay at VWL in late October. Making lemonade out of the p**l situation and will enjoy all the other wonderful things the resort has to offer!

Just curious? No one is worried about the pool anymore? I was looking at the pictures (of the hotel) this morning and it makes me sad to think of switching to another hotel.

I wonder how bad the construction will be....tarps, walls, lots of noise, or minimal?

Yes, there are still MANY people worried about it! Some of us have just chosen to roll with it and enjoy the many other things available! Plus, we now have a reason to visit the Contemporary for the first time ever.

WL CL was our first CL stay and we loved it. Have only stayed 2 CLs since (GF RPC and GF SL) and while RPC is my favorite, WL CL runs a very close second. Both have great offerings, great lounges, and wonderful CMs.

The WL is an amazing resort in any room category, but CL just adds to it, IMO. The lounge is a great place to relax, the food offerings are great, and the CL CMs treat you like family. If it's doable, I'd make the change.

:thumbsup2 Ditto!! Can't say enough about this resort!!

So excited for our first stay in the lodge in November!

Yep! Be excited!!! ;) It's a fabulous resort. And while you're there, visit the CR and the FW. Since you can get to those resorts by a quick boat ride, it makes for a great afternoon.

We're staying too! Looking forward to November as well. Current travelers post pictures and have a great trip!

Just got back on the 14th and have tons of pics! ::yes:: Will be happy to post a few ;)

Subscribing to this new thread. Excited to have our first stay at VWL in late October. Making lemonade out of the p**l situation and will enjoy all the other wonderful things the resort has to offer!

One afternoon when it was pouring down rain, we did the Hidden Mickey search. If you go to the front desk, they will give you the HM hunt. We actually divided up into teams (we lost :laughing:) And when we found all HMs, we returned to desk and the kids all got a trading pin. Lots of fun for the whole family!

Yes, there are still MANY people worried about it! Some of us have just chosen to roll with it and enjoy the many other things available! Plus, we now have a reason to visit the Contemporary for the first time ever.

Well said! :thumbsup2 And if you like Hidden Mickey's, there's several over at the CR and FW, too. We always take our HM book with us everywhere we go.

Of course I'm worried. I'm scheduled Dec. 1-7. Maybe it will be finished, but if it goes over the least little bit, I'll be in the refurb. I'm on rented points, and have no options to move or change my dates. I just don't see any value in rehashing it over and over at this point.

Of course I'm worried. I'm scheduled Dec. 1-7. Maybe it will be finished, but if it goes over the least little bit, I'll be in the refurb. I'm on rented points, and have no options to move or change my dates. I just don't see any value in rehashing it over and over at this point.

I understand. I don't want to rehash it. I'm just struggling myself with what to do. CR really is still unappealing to me. Right now there are no GF rooms and even if there were is a lot of money for us.

I love WL and I miss the fork, the mercantile, etc....just afraid I am going to cry if we get there and it's a mess.

However, we are planning a return trip to somewhere in Disney in April 2015.

Yay! A new thread! Kook, you must be heading out soon? Sunday? Can't wait to see your on location updates and photos!

Our countdown is at 28 days!! :banana:

I understand. I don't want to rehash it. I'm just struggling myself with what to do. CR really is still unappealing to me. Right now there are no GF rooms and even if there were is a lot of money for us.

I love WL and I miss the fork, the mercantile, etc....just afraid I am going to cry if we get there and it's a mess.

However, we are planning a return trip to somewhere in Disney in April 2015.

Did you have free dining? I know that will make switching difficult. If you do, I would consider moving to the Epcot resorts, and hoping for a room discount. I know this is really stressing you out. You will probably be happier if you don't need to think about it anymore. You can stay at WL in April.

Does anyone know how long after Christmas the decorations are taken down?

Are there any New Years Eve events at the lodge?

What's better on NYE - MK or Epcot when staying at the lodge?

Since we already have the CV room booked at the rack room rate, we are waiting for the AP discounted rates to come out.
Do the CL rooms ever get the AP discount?

I don't want to change and then find out that we don't qualify for the discount.

Did you have free dining? I know that will make switching difficult. If you do, I would consider moving to the Epcot resorts, and hoping for a room discount. I know this is really stressing you out. You will probably be happier if you don't need to think about it anymore. You can stay at WL in April.

No we have a BB and there is very little availability left.

Hi WL vets,

I just got, after lots and lots of checking, VWL dlx studio for 11/17-25 free dining. I would have preferred 11/15-23 or something but beggars can't be choosers. ;)

We have been saving WL for all these years so that we could stay there in a winter month with Christmas decor up, etc. This is the year! Regarding the pool refurbishment, how much impact do those of you who know that area think it will make? Would it be better to switch to BW this year and try again for WL another year? I just don't want to taint our experience. We won't be looking at it daily since we are in the villas, but sill unsure. Maybe we would get lucky and most of the walls and mess would be gone by then, since it is so close to the end date of construction...:rolleyes1

This trip 9/28-10/5 will be not just my first stay at WL but my first deluxe stay! I was seriously considering moving since the rehab was announced....BUT after a little frustration and disappointment about the pool situation I have decided to stay put. It took a little perspective but this is why I made the decision:

1: I was barely able to afford the upgrade to deluxe, if I moved I'd have to downgrade all the way to value (no mods avail for FD anymore) and that's not happening
2: When I really thought about the MAIN reasons I wanted to upgrade the real reasons weren't the pool but were the closeness to MK, being so much closer to all the restaurants I want to eat at (1900PF, HDDMR, Kona, ect), more options of transportation, not having to walk a mile to food and coffee in the morning (and I've heard that it can actually be close to that for a non preferred room at CBR where I switched from)
3: if I'd stayed at CBR it might still have taken 5-10 minutes to get to the feature pool from where our room ended up being.
4: According to BFF "this will just give us an excuse to explore CR"

As a side note I am really hoping that the new straight to the room check in test they are doing now at some of the resorts is at WL for our trip! We booked room only at POR for just 9/27 since our flight doesn't come in until 6:15 pm and couldn't justify spending the extra $450 to add to the package. It would be so nice to just drop our bags at bell services at POR and be able to go straight to EPCOT without a stop at WL to get our DP and tickets activated!

Hopefully my reasons for staying will help some others still on the fence feel a little better too :)

Thanks for the new thread space, Kook, and have fun on vacation! :cool1:

It will be interesting to see if WL becomes part of the straight to the room check in test. I don't think I like the idea. I like having some input on the room assignment when I check in, like when they say I'm getting an upgrade to a CV, when there is a specific reason I reserved a WV. :headache:

Like many WL lovers, we are sticking with our plans for the WL and hoping construction impact is minimal. If it's disturbing, well, we will just need more of those yummy habanero lime margaritas from TL. :lovestruc

Thanks for the new home Kook! I hope you enjoy your vacation and may you be sprinkled with pixie dust again!

Can't wait for all the work to be done on the lodge so I can start planning my next trip! Thinking of Christmas of 2015 with my two boys while DH is deployed! It would be tough spending Christmas without him home with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter