(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetnjmom

sweetnjmom Mouseketeer

Can someone confirm that you are able to request bed rails?

Though I'm thinking my son (4) might end up with me and my husband will take the other bed. :lmao:

And another question with regards to room requests. I'm not too picky about location (we have a woods view booked) but I would prefer the room to be quieter and have an open balcony so DS can look out. I hope there are rooms that would meet my request.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

You can request bed rails and you can also request a step stool so that your son can reach the sink. :goodvibes

We had a woods view room in the north wing and we could hear the boat whistles and the Electric Water Pagent. Otherwise, it was quiet. Kids are usually so exhausted from their busy days that they often don't hear anything once they fall asleep. ;)

As long as you get a woods view room that is fifth floor or lower, you'll have an open balcony.

ETA: Looking at the room map and photos, it looks like the only woods views room with closed balconies are on the 6th floor of the north wing. It looks like all the other woods view rooms all have open balconies. Does anyone know if that is correct? The woods view rooms that are facing the villas and are over the lobby look like they all have open balconies.

4. sweetnjmom

sweetnjmom Mouseketeer

I never dared hope for a step stool!! I'm already bringing a portable potty seat. LOL That's great! :)

And I'll mention my requests upon check-in and hope for the best. I still have lots of time, as my trip isn't until November.

5. Anna114

Anna114 Pluto Rocks!

Us too. Our flight lands at MCO at 9:45am. We have a 2br since our sons are joining us.

Sent from my awesome iPad using DISBoards

6. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

This maybe silly but I simply love it when we come back to the Lodge late at night (or very early morning ;)) and no one is around. It is so serenely quiet. You feel like you are the only ones there. We usually stop in the grand lobby and just soak it in.

I also love walking down the hallway to our room. The Lodge has such a wonderful scent.

P.S. - I love your photo!!

7. Princess Leia

Princess Leia DIS Veteran

In July we had an 8.10am ADR at Crystal Palace. We took the boat from WL to Contemporary. We then took the monorail to MK. You could also easily walk but it was our first morning and we wanted to go on the monorail. It was very straight forward. Enjoy your trip!

8. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

How exciting :yay:. The WL is amazing every day, but especially so during the holidays :santa:.

Cute countdown. You will be checking in before you know it :goodvibes.

Have a great trip :dance3:.

:yay:

:cool1:

The WL is an awesome resort for a honeymoon :lovestruc. I love just walking the grounds and/or sitting in the lobby taking in the surroundings as it's such a cozy, welcoming place :cloud9:.

9. grkmbee

grkmbee Mouseketeer

There's been some questions about transportation lately. I'd like to add a reminder to allow plenty of time to get wherever you need to go. Last night we had an ADR for 'Ohana at 5:05. We left our room a little after 4PM and didn't get there until 5:30. I could have swam faster! The buses have been incredibly frustrating. We had to wait well over 35 minutes for the MK bus to arrive. (I would have taken the boat but it was raining - plus so many people remark on the quickness of the bus) Then once everyone got on an ECV pulled up at the last minute taking another 5+ minutes to load. Boats weren't running to the Poly (storm?) so we had to wait for the monorail which took another 15 minutes once we were on it. Long waits seem to be the standard this trip. We went to AK this morning and waited over 40 minutes for a bus - and there were people waiting for a while when we walked up to the bus stop. This experience has really made me consider downgrading somewhere else in the trip budget and getting a rental car.

On the plus side, the WL staff have been wonderful as always. OFC CM are just awesome!

10. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We've never done club level, so I can't comment on that. But the regular staff were wonderful. It started when we were greeted by name when getting off the Magical Express. The CM was so nice. And when he said, "Welcome Home", I couldn't help but break into a big smile. The WL itself just makes me feel happy, just by being there. :goodvibes

Now if the buses at WDW were better, it would really be perfect. ;)

11. My2CrazyGirls

My2CrazyGirls DIS Veteran

Can children go in all the hot tubs at WL? And if you are staying at WL can you use the pool over at the Villas?

12. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Yes and yes. :)
    Our grandchildren went in the hot tub, mostly to just warm up, since it was only 71 degrees out that day. And we spent time at the villas pool, which I just loved. :)

13. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I'm sorry about the buses, but glad you are enjoying the WL and CL. I agree that all of the WL CMs are amazing :goodvibes.

14. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add: in July we stayed at Poly and had dinner at Artist Point. We took the boat over , but after dinner it was raining so we took a cab back. It was just under $5.00 !!! In case if bad weather, keep that in mind instead of fighting the busses.

15. marymac123

marymac123 DIS Veteran

The hot tubs are my DD8's favorite, she says it relaxes her after a hard day at the parks. :rotfl:

16. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Wow, the taxi was only five dollars! Even a cheapskate like me would pay that price. ;)

That is so cute. :flower3:

17. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Yep!!! DH was also shocked. I guess because it was so close (WL to Poly)!!! We did have other friends with us that we're heading to CSR after us so not sure if that made a difference!!

18. gschon

gschon Mouseketeer

When I see kids in a hot tub, all I can think about is urine:rolleyes:

19. sweetnjmom

sweetnjmom Mouseketeer

Good to know! On our first day in the parks, we have an 8:15 AM ADR at Crystal Palace and I thought a monorail trip would be exciting for my son. :)

20. AndreaA

AndreaA Mouseketeer

Talk of cheap cab rides is making me think that we will use them for our two GF dinner ADRs - at least to get there. Will be nice to have extra time to relax before having to rush off, catch a boat, catch a monorail and finally arrive.

Do most cabs carry 4 people? It would be me, husband and our boys.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

21. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

Yep, same here. I love kids, but not enough to sit in the same hot tub with them. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.