(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 <font color=blue>Wish I could get my countdown tim

Hi everyone so excited to be staying at the WL for our November trip. :cloud9: We have a Woods View with FD booked for 11/17 - 11/25. We're staying at Pop from 11/13 - 11/17 prior to our WL stay. Can't wait to see all the beautiful Xmas decorations.

This thread is amazing looking forward to seeing the updated rooms. Can you please add us to the first page :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Regular club level rooms have a closed balcony, if that helps make the decision easier. We had a closed balcony last time in our non-club level 6th floor room and I really didn't like it. We were trying to watch the Wishes fireworks and had to stand to see out. It would have been a lot nicer to just sit down when we wanted to look outside of our room. The view outside was really nice, but we couldn't appreciate it.

One night our granddaughter kept running around the room, climbing on the chairs to look out at the fireworks, then running around the room again. It was not good at all. :(

4. jerseygirl74

jerseygirl74 Mouseketeer

Thank you that does help. I want to see when I'm sitting on the balcony.

5. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

I don't think the CMs can "see" how many miltary rooms are left in a given category, but they can instill a sense of urgency;). I'm so glad you were able to book with your 40% off:goodvibes

You're welcome.

There are a few more HERE in the CL section of the first page.

Great suggestion.

Welcome! Disclaimer: Tipping questions on the DIS are known to be controversial, so YMMV with my answers.

The most frequently suggested housekeeping rate is usually $1 per person, per day. You can't "mess up" tipping since it is optional for housekeeping. With turn-down when not staying CL, it is best to request it at check-in and they will note it in your reservation. I posted yesterday here that we frequently "turn-down" turn-down since we're in the room, but I have tipped $1 per bed ($2), but the tip has been left each time so I stopped tipping additionally for turn-down and only tip in the morning.

Lodgekeepers can change daily, so if you do choose to tip, you would do so daily. I leave the tip on top of the end of one bed and it is taken by whomever cleans my room. Envelopes are not provided nor are they necessary. Some enjoy making them and templates can be found online.

WDW resort positions that are considered "tippable" are: bellman, valets, and restaurant servers... Tipping is at your discretion for others such as a concierge or manager, a housekeeper who delivers items to your room after hours, in-room dining... I'm sure I'm missing someone, but you get the gist.

In the case of concierges, they are suppose to refuse cash tips, but may accept them if offered three times. I also believe they can't accept cash over or gifts valued over $75. I may be wrong about this or the rules may have changed, so hopefully someone will correct me and I do apologize if I'm wrong.

Terrific! Thank you so much for getting all of us in the WL holiday spirit!

There is a children's pool right next to the main pool that is very shallow.

I think it has changed in the room, but I can't recall at RF since I didn't use it in either location. Maybe someone else will know about RF and can post what they thought of the Joffrey's.

The blackout dates are 12/23 - 12/31, (our exact dates:rolleyes2). If you need more info. on the SOG overflow rate, PM me. it is available during blacked-out periods.

Please see my post above about tipping.

You're going to love the Lodge and welcome to the thread! I'll add you to the Lodgers' Log.

That was our experience, too at WL, YC and CR.

:stir:I'm going to stir the pot and suggest keeping CL. This way, you'd be able to experience and enjoy all the CL benefits before your trip and for 5 days! But, an extra night is only 24 hours long. I would value all the features and amenities associated with CL (and the wonderful OFC staff), for 5 days more than not having CL, but staying an extra 24 hours, but both would be perfect!

How sweet!

Thank you! I'll add you to the LL and welcome! You're going to love the new look and comfort of the rooms and all the wonderful decorations.

These are good points to consider.

6. jerseygirl74

jerseygirl74 Mouseketeer

:stir:I'm going to stir the pot and suggest keeping CL. This way, you'd be able to experience and enjoy all the CL benefits before your trip and for 5 days! But, an extra night is only 24 hours long. I would value all the features and amenities associated with CL (and the wonderful OFC staff), for 5 days more than not having CL, but staying an extra 24 hours, but both would be perfect!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. You make good point to. You said the reasons I originally booked CL. Decisions, decisions

7. marymac123

marymac123 DIS Veteran

I totally agree with KOOK! :stir:

8. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

Let me grab a spoon and stir the pot as well... I also agree with KOOK. :stir:

9. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

:teeth:

:thumbsup2

10. PSULion

PSULion Mouseketeer

So excited for our next WL stay! We're doing something new this trip and have a pre-opening ADR at MK. If the park opens at 9, what time will the boat to MK start running? I know busses start fairly early, but we never tried to take an early boat.

Thanks!

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

What a great surprise for the kids. You are going to love the WL :goodvibes.

I agree with KOOK that I would stick with CL. The WL is a great resort when staying any room type and an extra day would be nice, but CL at the WL is amazing :thumbsup2. I would keep the 5 nights with CL and enjoy everything the WL has to offer :).

Congrats on booking the WL. The resort is just gorgeous when it's all decorated for the holidays and the lobby is a great place to sit and relax in a rocking chair in front of the huge fireplace :cloud9:.

You're welcome :). I wish I had more, but I guess I didn't take as many as I thought I did.

12. LB1122

LB1122 Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one o

Love love love the thread.

We just booked (well changed) our Dec 22-29 reservations to Wilderness Lodge Club Level. Can not wait and after going over this thread I am even more excited.

Thanks for the tipping tips, but what about Club Level turn down? This is part of the reservation and I was thinking I would do $1 a bed and $3 for the lodge keepers each day (3 of us traveling).This is 2 separate envelopes labeled correctly, right?

Also would love the answer about Boat and busses for pre-opening ADR's
    I am guessing with Club Level I can consult the IPO on these q's right?

Thanks

13. R2-JD

R2-JD It was all started by Walt Disney!

[​IMG]

And only 22 more until
    [​IMG]

JD

14. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

I like that countdown, especially since it matches ours! We can't wait either.

15. jennyraye

jennyraye Mouseketeer

Two days until we are HOME!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

16. marymac123

marymac123 DIS Veteran

We have 10 days left! Tomorrow we can do our single digit dance!

17. meggimouse

meggimouse Disney's First Tattooed Princess

we will be honeymooning at the WL this coming september - 29 days away - and it's our first stay at the lodge.
    what are your *FAVORITE* must-do things while staying at the wilderness lodge?

i'm so excited! can't believe we'll be there in under a month! :cheer2:

18. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about WL transportation can be found on Page 1, Post 10 of this wonderfully awesome thread, thank u Kook!!:cool1:

19. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

This would be such a great resort for a honeymoon. :cloud9:

One of my favorite things to do at the WL is to go to the Hidden Springs pool by the villas. It has these really cool bubbling springs coming up from the bottom and it feels so relaxing to float in the bubbling water. There is a huge hot tub over there, lots of shade, and no loud pool party music.

One of the things we didn't get to do last time, but definitely will do when we are there in December is to go to the Territory Lounge for cheese fondue or whatever appetizer looks good, along with some berry cobbler. Yum.

And a nice, romantic thing I saw was couples sitting in the hot tub watching the geyser go off and looking out at Bay Lake. There are two hot tubs by the main pool and hopefully the little kids will stay out of the "romantic" one. ;)

20. PSULion

PSULion Mouseketeer

I read the transportation post on the first page and just want to confirm....

We need to be at MK over an hour before park opening. So we'll need to either take a bus, or a boat to contemporary and walk over? There won't be any boats directly to MK at that time?

21. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

You might be better off with the bus. The early bus for breakfast ADR's starts running at 6:30am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.