(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

Hello and welcome to WL (or the thread at least). I can help out with #1 and #2 and hopefully others will chime in as well.

1) The boat seemed to take about 10 minutes to MK from the WL dock, but that's not counting the time waiting for it to arrive. The quickest option to get to MK is the bus, and that might be better for those who go super early. We hope to arrive before rope drop once next trip... Another boat option though is the Blue flag boat to the Contemporary, which starts at 6:55 AM. If the boat is going the right direction in the FW/WL/CR loop is is less than a five minute ride, then your walk is the same as from CR.

2) There is not a door to that area. It is nice and wide open, and we used the extra open space for stroller parking, but it came at the expense of private space. There is a door to the toilet and shower area though.

We haven't stayed elsewhere at WDW or in a bunk bed room, and there are only 3 of us so others can better answer those questions. Happy Planning!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

We will be there the same dates! Well, we added a day on so the 10th-16th and I'm hoping I've convinced DH to let me keep it! So if you see a pregnant, frazzled woman with red, curly hair and a teenager and toddler, say hello!

4. nyrebecca

nyrebecca DIS Veteran

Been busy busy busy and just noticed there was a new thread. Thanks Kook for keeping is all together for us, you rock ! :worship:

5. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

I'll help with #4....

Bunk beds.... Yes! You'll have more floor space and the kids will love them!

6. nathanyell

nathanyell DIS Veteran

We're using the MIL's timeshare so even though I'm at VWL I feel so locked in because I can't switch it. :hyper: I so wish I could look around more, but the price is right. Not sure I could do DVC just because you are so locked in and don't have the flexibility of just booking. ::yes::

How is HRH? I'm pretty sure my DD will soon be teling us where she wants to go. LOL! I believe being a RC is in her blood.

7. princessesintraining

princessesintraining Mouseketeer

Would love to hear from anyone who has been a flag family! I'm hoping to get it this time around, as our last trip the only day available was the day we left on an early flight.

8. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The vanity is open, but then most of the deluxe resort hotels have an open vanity area.

The rooms are smaller than rooms at the CR. We are used to the slightly larger rooms at the BC and there seemed to be a little less space at the WL. You can put some suitcases in the closet, but the stroller will either have to sit in the hallway or in the vanity area. There is space for the crib in the room and it will be out of the way. But the resort itself it really nice, and might be worth the slight amount of inconvenience you might get from it being a little smaller.

9. lala3291

lala3291 DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the information provided on this thread (especially Kook for putting this thread together)!! :good vibes

We will be arriving at the WL on June 4th for 6 nights! We are so excited! I am really looking forward to trying this resort. I have always wanted to stay here!

I look forward to reading more on this thread; we just booked this vacation this past week, so I still have a lot of planning to do!!:scared1:

10. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

You're logged.

Awww, you're welcome, lovingeire. The thread would be nothing without all of our wonderful Lodgers and Lodgers-to-be.

Great news and thanks for checking in with us! You will get some great photos of the view and your family on the roof:thumbsup2

You're welcome. Your wedding is coming up soon:hyper:

I made it official and logged you.

Didn't even see a ticker for that - woohoo!

::yes::

Yes, Nurse PAStastic, you were in the North Wing:)

Go ahead and add "South Wing" if you'd like. The CMs have room for 3 requests in your reservation.

:welcome: and don't be sorry - no dumb questions around here:)

I'll add my agreement with the bunks being worth it in your situation, plus, getting to sleep in a bunk is an adventure! (Even for some adults;))

If your budget allows, you might want to consider a Deluxe room at WL. They are over 500 SF, have two rooms and come with CL access. Or perhaps a VWL one bedroom villa might interest you - lots of room to spread out and you can apply applicable discounts to those rooms.

The WL room is going to feel smaller than a CR room - by about 100 SF. For a family of 5, it will be tight, but is very doable! Maybe you could leave the stroller on the balcony? If you're driving, you could put the suitcases back in the car?

Let us know if you have any other questions:)

:worship: Wow, you need a vacation!

Welcome back and I'm glad you found us!

Welcome AND congratulations on booking! Would you like your trip dates in our Lodgers' Log? You're going to love WL so happy planning and let us know if you have any questions or need opinions:goodvibes

11. lala3291

lala3291 DIS Veteran

Yes, Kook, if you could put our dates into the Lodger's Log that would be great! We are there from June 4 - June 10. It will be me and my three daughters (age 22, 19, and 11). DH is staying home this trip, but will be with us on our August trip to the GF.:good vibes

Thanks again!

12. WDWKOOK

You're official now:). You need a rotating ticker for your August visit with DH;)

13. lala3291

lala3291 DIS Veteran

Thank you!! I know, I need to make that rotating ticker!;)

14. Arielle22

Arielle22 <font color=red>We have had spirits<br><font color

I will chime in about the bunk beds. We used them when DDs were young and loved them! No more fighting about she is on my side of the bed or she hogged the blankets.

They didn't have bunk beds at home so it was a special treat for them. We did have to rotate who got the top bunk.

15. cheesemouse

cheesemouse DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help everyone! I think I'll keep WL on our list for now and ponder the room size a little more. We are doing a split stay and the other resort we are thinking of is AKL which has the same issues. While I'd love a deluxe room it's way out of budget. Possibly a WLV with a good discount.

One other question - how often does the boat to MK run? Every 30 minutes???

16. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I don't remember waiting more than 15 minutes for a boat. And during the busy times, park opening and closing, there would often be a boat waiting while one was docking and loading. The bus ride is 5 minutes long, but the boat was always worth the extra time. :)

17. WDWKOOK

Welcome to the thread, Arielle22!

You're welcome.

:thumbsup2

18. Cindy's Mom

Cindy's Mom DIS Veteran

Just changed our reservation from CBR to WL. It's always been our favorite. So excited. :cool1: this trip is a shorty just 2 night, we figured its best to be "home", this way we don't have to navigate a new resort.

Someone up thread asked about RD at MK. We take a cab to the CR, we have them drop us off just past the resort and then we walk over to MK.

Add us to the log too. June 13-15. Thanks for starting this beauty thread. :goodvibes

19. LuvGoldens

LuvGoldens Mouseketeer

Hi Kook,

We've changed our trip slightly and are now booked for WL Sept 9-17 with no AoA at the beginning if you could modify us on the Log...thank you!

We were at Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago for a day after our cruise and I bought the cutest little Orange Bird magnet with a clip on it for my fridge and it made me think of you and this thread:wave2:

20. Bee2u

Bee2u ImJustBeeNme

Please add me to the log - We'll be back home to WL June 3 - 8. :yay:

21. Sophiesmom

Sophiesmom Earning My Ears

Love this thread! Heading to WL next Thursday for an unexpected, last minute trip with my DD (14). Can't wait! It's been a few years since we have stayed here and am looking forward to it. We will be there May 23-27. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.