(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

From Mouseplanet.com:

Wilderness Lodge:
    Main building exterior repairs through August 5

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWKOOK

There is also a DIS thread discussing the removal. Rooms with regular-sized fridges such as DVC, FWC and Family Suites are not being removed.

Thanks to Sadie22 for posting a question yesterday about the fridge removal.

4. roydavid7771

roydavid7771 DIS Veteran

Finally doing the single digit dance! 9 days until I can smile for a whole week! If anyone is around from July 21-24, feel free to stop by and say hi. I'll be the one at Trout Pass Bar in the red swim trunks sipping a margarita!

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Have a great trip :goodvibes.

6. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

Hi there. I would call and let them know you will need a fridge for medical reasons. You don't have to tell them what kind of medical for privacy reasons. This way you are sure to have one waiting for you when you check in and won't have to worry.

7. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

I wonder what they are doing now, :). I hope it doesn't involve scalfolding.

8. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

To all who are going soon, have a wonderful time!!!

Please remember, this is Summer in Florida. The afternoon storms come up quickly.

We've had several people hit by lightening recently (not at Disney). So don't take chances.

For some reason, the afternoon storms have been pretty severe this year.

But, on the good side, they don't last long. :thumbsup2

9. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

We just returned from 10 days and the storms were starting earlier in the afternoon and sort of out of nowhere. The downpours were massive. Always have that poncho and umbrella in your cinch sack :)
    One day the thunder clap was so massive at the studios, people literally stopped in their tracks before they ran for cover- word was lightening hit the sorcerers hat or very near it.

10. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

150 DAYS till I'm at the LODGE!!!!!!!:love::lovestruc
    getting closer all the time.....:goodvibes

11. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

I just booked our first ever stay at the Lodge for June 2-10 and I'm sooooo excited!!! :thumbsup2

12. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

That was our first thought too!

One week, one day!!!!!!:beach:

13. WDWKOOK

I've just received an update on the WL mini fridges. Apparently, there was a certain model of mini fridge that is being recalled for safety reasons. WL only has a few of the recalled models so the removal and replacement should be completed by the end of this week. The four month fridge replacement estimate is for the larger resorts like All Stars.

If you are going to be staying at WL this week and you need a fridge, please call and have the request added to your reservation, just in case it has not been replaced yet.

Only one?! I'm looking forward to a tasty libation on the beach in about 3 weeks:beach:. I hope you have a great time!

I feel like there's been scaffolding up at WL each visit for years:confused3. Last summer it was on the roof so Flag Family was canceled:

[​IMG]

Scaffolding spring break 2012:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the reminder. We've had so much rain here in NoVA, that I joked to DD that it might seem dry to us in FL - but it doesn't look like it:upsidedow

Sounds a little scary. Good advice to always be prepared and enjoy the lower crowds and cooling effect of the rain.

:yay:

Yippee! I'll add you to our Lodgers' Log and happy planning!

Soooo close! You can almost taste the cobbler!

14. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Thank you for adding me to the Lodgers' Log!! I love the planning part of every Disney trip so I'm going to have lots of fun planning a stay a "new" resort.

Carla

15. WDWKOOK

You're welcome and we're here if you have any questions about your new home:)

16. Princess Leia

Princess Leia DIS Veteran

We have arrived safely at Wilderness Lodge. It really is as lovely as you all say it is. We are delighted to have been upgraded to courtyard view. We had dinner tonight at Whispering Canyon and I am stuffed! It has been a long day I've now been up for over 22.5 hours. So hoping the beds are super comfy.

17. WDWKOOK

How exciting and welcome home! You've been up a long time and I imagine you have jet lag, too. Even if the mattresses were awful, you'd probably sleep well, but they were all replaced last year so you should have slept like a baby. What's on the agenda today?

18. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

Yay!! Hope you had a great night sleep. Enjoy your stay!

19. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You're going to love the WL :wizard:.

Glad you are enjoying the lodge :). Congrats on upgrading to a courtyard view. Have a great time :goodvibes.

20. Princess Leia

Thanks. in Magic Kingdom this morning. Had early breakfast at Crystal Palace. Can hear the thunder now. Woke up at 3 am - body thought was 8am. Bed comfy though. it's great to be back in Disney.

21. Princess Leia

Just to let you know that there have been no problems with fridge. It is available as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.