(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2013~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

No problem, talking about WL is fun!

As for the MK buses, there are no additional stops between WL and MK, but I believe it is possible that some people would have gotten on at FW first. Same thing for leaving MK, WL is the first stop but there may be FW people on board as well.

For a good map of what's where, check out this post of this thread. One additional thing to note is that Roaring Fork, the QS location for WL is on the pool level in the middle of the North Wing, like below the 035-041 rooms, so being close to it is preferred by some. Overall though the resort isn't that big, and it is all under one roof, so getting anywhere shouldn't take you much more than 5 minutes.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Shameless ticker boasting alert! According to my faithful ticker, 3 weeks from today we'll be checking in to our favorite Lodge:goodvibes (after 14 hours of driving:faint:)

TODAY is your BIG day! The highest floor that doesn't have any enclosed balconies is the 5th - some of the 6th floor rooms do have an enclosed balcony. Also, don't forget to request an INNER or WL Courtyard View room if you would like to face the pool, geyser and Bay Lake. If you want a quieter location (no afternoon pool party) then you would request a VWL Courtyard View room, but you would not have those amazing views.

I didn't see them last year in the Mercantile, but I can check again 3 weeks from today:)

I think everyone should try the Signature Dining at any resort they book at least once. Most report loving AP. Our experience last year was MEH, but other experiences have been much better so I would give it another try and I recommend you try it, too.

You will just HAVE to book it for another stay;)

I absolutely agree with your bolded statement::yes::

Just adding to your helpful post that there are also many different elevator locations throughout the resort which also make it mighty convenient no matter where you are: Next to the lobby check-in, next to RF and across from the laundry and at the end of the wings, which in the case of the 7th floor, is more mid-wing since the 7th (CL) floor doesn't extend down to Bay Lake.

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

How exciting KOOK :yay: :yay:......the 3 weeks will go by before you know it ::yes::.

5. LovinPooh

LovinPooh DIS Veteran

Booked a courtyard room for feb! Very excited :)
    Lil nervous bout making room requests. Never done that before. I just dont want to be stuck looking at the villas for this price lol. This girl wants to look at bay lake n be close to the action ;)
    When is a good time to call and make a room request? Do you just call the regular reservations phone #?
    Thank you to this thread for helping with my WL decision :)

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Congrats on booking the WL :goodvibes. Yes, just call the regular reservation number and tell the CM you want to add a room request. If you add more than 1, list the most important one first ;).

7. LovinPooh

LovinPooh DIS Veteran

Thank you :)

8. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Shameless is okay!!!:cool1:

8 days
    13 hours
    32 minutes
    :thumbsup2

9. Zippa D Doodah

Zippa D Doodah <font color=red>Suffering from Fairy Alienation.

[​IMG]
    Yep, all the cool people check in on Wednesdays. ;)
    Not to brag, but we are exactly 8 weeks behind you. :goodvibes

10. Anna114

Anna114 Pluto Rocks!

We take the boat to MK. Take the monorail to the TTC and then switch over to the EPCOT monorail.

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You're welcome :goodvibes.

12. wahmtexas

wahmtexas Mouseketeer

It has been awhile since our last WL stay, does anyone know if the pool slide has an age limit or height restrictions for older children?

13. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Don't think so. Adults use the slide too! ;)

14. Sadie22

Sadie22 DIS Veteran

I read the announcement that all the minifridges in the resort rooms are being removed for repair or replacement. Has this started at the Lodge and does anyone know if it will be completed by the end of July, before we arrive?

I am a type 2 diabetic, and I don't have any medicine I need to chill at this point. I count on having food and drink available in the room at all times. I don't have diabetic noted on my room reservation as I don't want any cast members anywhere making assumptions about what I should eat and possibly substituting a "no sugar added" item.

15. WDWKOOK

I see:thumbsup2

HAHA! You're right, it's well known that the cool kids check-in on Wednesdays:cool2:

Barney's super cool, but I'm not sure if he can out-cool Floyd...

[​IMG]

Yep, this one has done it many a time...weeeeeeee!

16. WDWKOOK

Welcome! I missed this announcement, do you have a link or can you point me to the info? I do know that if you have a medical need, the resorts will always have a fridge available for you, so no need to worry.

ETA: Just saw the DIS thread and will read it now.

17. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

There are a couple of evenings that I don't want to make ADRs (trying hard to hold on to the little bit of spontaneity that the whole 60-day FP+, 180-day ADR, etc. will allow). Is it possible to walk-in or make same-day ADRs for WCC and AP? We're going in January - the week leading up to the Marathon.

18. WDWKOOK

Sadie22:

I just looked over the fridge removal thread and this caught my eye:

While on the phone with Disney services today, I was told that if the cord to the fridge is rubber banded together, then it is not to be used and there would be a letter explaining that in the room. If that is the case, the guest can call and request a fridge for the room. If none are available, the guest can request a $15 per night credit put on the room charge.

The OP reports it will take up to four months to replace all defective fridges. DVC and FWC do not need replacement, presumably because they have full-sized fridges.

ETA: I know that you think you might not need a fridge, but I would put in a request for one, just in case you need to store insulin, snacks or drinks. If you know you won't need insulin, then you could store snacks and drinks unrefrigerated or buy as needed from RF and The Mercantile.

Thank you for your question, BTW! I'm going to post the fridge removal information to my threads:)

19. WDWKOOK

It might be more difficult getting an AP ADR than WCC, but it depends what time. If you don't have an ADR, it can be easier to get a walk-up right before opening for a Signature location. It's also easier getting a walk-up for a party of two. WCC at breakfast or lunch is easier than dinner when they're much more full. You could always make an ADR and cancel it if you change your mind.

20. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

I would call and have your ressie noted that u need the refrig for medical reasons. I heard that WL would be done in a few weeks but you never know

21. WDWKOOK

Thanks for the WL update. I'll be checking in exactly 3 weeks from just about right now, so I can post a fridge update then:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.