(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyrebecca

nyrebecca DIS Veteran

We arrived at the Lodge yesterday afternoon. Right now I am relaxing on our balcony with a nice cup of coffee and some fruit from the club lounge. Looking forward to a nice relaxing fun filled week.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TaraPA

TaraPA Can't live without a ticker!!!!

Hi WDWKook & the rest of the gang! I'm back to the thread! Just waiting for spring AP rates to come out & then will be booking a split stay for March, WL CL and AVK. Woo hoo!

My WL Girls Trip last month turned into a POR Girls trip, but we did visit WL twice & had breakfast at WCC. Love WL!

4. ajj221

ajj221 Earning My Ears

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Tree is up!

5. EmmaMagsMom

EmmaMagsMom Mouseketeer

Lucky you! We missed it by a week. Enjoy your stay

6. WellingtonR

WellingtonR Earning My Ears

Yeaaaa......were arriving in 11 days!!!

7. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Yeah, we will see it Sunday!

8. islandtimect

islandtimect DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, I'm even more excited now! We arrive on Sat. Is there a photopass photographer there? I know I've seen them beginning Thanksgiving day, but we'll be back home by then.

9. DarthGrumpy

DarthGrumpy Earning My Ears

Came into the Villas at 11pm on Monday and they were putting up the Christmas decorations! Wandered around this morning and everything looks wonderful!

10. nyrebecca

nyrebecca DIS Veteran

Wasn't it great seeing it this morning? I am a kid at heart and love seeing the tree.

11. macleod1979

macleod1979 Mouseketeer

The tree is awesome!

12. E-P-C-O-T

E-P-C-O-T DIS Veteran

We have stayed at WL many times, but, our last stay was in 2007. Just booked a standard room, but, we may now splurge a bit and book a CL room. Big change, I know, but we are only going for 3 nights and have never stayed in a CL room at Disney. Tell me about the lounge! :cool1:

13. NHKristy76

NHKristy76 Senior Mousketeer

Wow! That view is amazing!

14. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:yay:
    CL is perfect without the DDP. Hope you're still having a great vacation!

Looks good to me, though I wouldn't ride a bike if you're arriving at noon and have to check-in for lunch around 1:50. I'd explore WL and VWL in the time in between check-in and lunch or you could even check-in early - that shouldn't be a problem at that time of the day.

What a WONDERFUL surprise! Do you think you can keep it a secret that long?

:thumbsup2

Your well-in-advance planning secret is safe with us::yes::

:rotfl:

I hope you're still having a wonderful time.

Welcome back and happy 2013 planning. Stop by here anytime!

Thank you for letting everyone know:santa:

Thank you for also letting everyone know about VWL. Are you taking lots of pictures?

There are OFC lounge photos on the first page in the Club Level section. The lounge is wonderful because it offers plenty of seating and an amazing view down to the lobby below and out to the courtyard and Bay Lake. There are two TVs: one tuned to the Disney Channel in the South Wing with a small table and chairs for the kids, and one tuned usually to ESPN or the news in the North Wing.

The lounge menus are also posted to the first page. Some items remain the same each night and hot items change nightly. The staff work tirelessly to make sure the lounge is always neat and clean and the food replenished quickly.

If you have any other questions, fire away.

15. rcsilverspring

rcsilverspring Mouseketeer

Got my Mickey Mail today!!!!! It's finally beginning to feel REAL!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Did some shopping yesterday, too. Still have no idea what the weather will be like.....
    I have so much to do, I hate to wish the time away, BUT...30 days, 8 hours until we take off for MCO!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

16. WDWKOOK

Yeah for your Mickey Mail!

The weather in December can be very chilly in the early morning and evening especially and can be quite warm in the afternoon. You'll need a jacket you can unzip or take off when it warms-up and gloves and a hat are nice to have in the evenings if you're walking around the parks.

17. GatorEye

GatorEye Mouseketeer

I've got the WL Christmas music loop up and going to really get me in the mood. Less than 3 weeks now!!

So much planning still to do!

18. Jungle Cruiser

Jungle Cruiser DIS Veteran

Limping along trying to get life back on course after 15 days without power :confused3. KOOK, you kindly posted pictures of great rooms on the CL floor to request (courtyard view with a bit of the lagoon for Yurts nighttime viewing), however I can't find the post. Any chance you can refresh my memory so I can put in a room request? Thanks!

19. JCTurner

JCTurner Photographing the World one vacation at a time.

Arriving in 10 days now. Just completed online checking.

:thumbsup2

20. WDWKOOK

You sure have been through a lot:hug:. I hope that life gets back to normal soon now that power has been restored. Did Verizon ever show-up today?

Our favorite CL room is one of two on the 7th floor that directly face out toward Bay Lake and the courtyard (like a Bear Face room). Those two rooms are 7127 in the South Wing, closest to the lounge/lobby elevators and concierge desk. The other is 7035 in the North Wing.

All the other 7th floor "INNER or WL Courtyard View" rooms will have a full view of Bay Lake/EWP (Yurts!), the geyser and pool when looking to the left or right.

Here is the view from 7127:

[​IMG]

:yay:Time to start packing!

21. NHKristy76

NHKristy76 Senior Mousketeer

I simply must have the WL Christmas music! Can you tell me where to find it? Pretty please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.