(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scanne

scanne <font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears

We were in room 7052 at the WL this past summer and we were in a theme park view room at the Polynesian in 2010. Although you can see the fireworks over the tops of the trees at the WL, it is nothing like watching them from a TPV room at the Polynesian. On our honeymoon, we were able to sit on our balcony at the Grand Floridian and watch the 4th of July fireworks. THAT was spectacular.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. guarn3md

guarn3md DIS Veteran

We are winding down from our first day here! Got here on time, arrived at WL and its as spectacular as ever! We got room 7051, so I guess I kind of got my request. Was hoping for one of the rare rooms that faces Bay Lake but at least we are further down the courtyard! Magic Kingdom was a medium crowd today and we went to Downtown Disney tonight. Off to bed, been up since 3:30am!
    Anyone have any questions let me know!! We are here till Wednesday....
    Debbie

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. WellingtonR

WellingtonR Earning My Ears

3 weeks till we arrive!!!!!!

5. Sweets McGee

Sweets McGee Earning My Ears

Only 6 more sleeps and we'll be checking in to the Wilderness Lodge!! Oh happy day!!!:banana::woohoo::yay::cheer2::dancer::jumping1:

6. mwmom

mwmom 5th Time Disney Visitor

It won't be long now till our 3rd trip to WL. Anyone know if they have any new resort-specific merchandise there now? I read that many of the resorts are bringing back resort-specific items and wondered if WL had followed suit. I've never really looked for it before, but thought I would buy something this time if they have it.

7. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

When we were there in July, they had lots of t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, shot glasses, etc...a nice little selection of WL items. :goodvibes

8. 2girlsR2good

2girlsR2good Mouseketeer

Only 28 days for us! We check in on Dec 1--party only trip, leaving the 3rd :santa: Have such big plans for enjoying resort time--pool (fc) Chip & Dale's sing-a-long, seeing the decor at FW and GF!

My favorite resort specific merchandise is the notepads we get. Every time I make a shopping list, I relive a moment of vacation! :cloud9:

9. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

I love the brass beavers in the elevator, too - wonderful touch. Your kids are going to have a wonderful visit:goodvibes

[​IMG]

You're welcome.

Welcome! I added some thoughts on the subject below in my response to Scanne.

Did you get your request? Hope you're having a great time!

Thanks for posting your experience. I'll just add that the monorail resorts have the best Wishes views and the Poly and CR's club levels have the best club level views. So even if you have a CR Bay Lake View or a Poly Garden View, if you're staying club level, the MKV from the lounge is amazing.

Thanks for checking in with us. Did you watch the EWP last night? Where are you off to today? Any ADRs?

:yay:

It won't be long now - time to get packin'!

WL has always had a pretty good supply of RBM (Resort Branded Merchandise). On the first page, I have photos of all the RBM from August. Word of advice: If you see something you like, don't assume it'll be there on your next visit. In fact, if it's on clearance, it may not be there the next day. The RBM changes often, so best to buy it as soon as the mood strikes you.

That's a great idea. I also like the keychains that I can carry everyday and the zippered sweat jacket that I wear around the house when it's chilly.

10. ejrj

ejrj DIS Veteran

Hi All. Just doing some itinerary planning and have a question. On our first MK day we have an 8am reservation at Crystal Palace. It looks like MK will being opening at 9 am that day. I had planned on using the boat for all our MK travels as we have a double stroller that will be a bit of a pain on the buses. Looking at details now though, it appears that the MK boat doesn't start running until 1/2 before opening? So am I correct that this leaves me with the bus or the Contemporary boat? We have our car but that seems silly to then have to take Ferry from TTC. And of the bus vs Contemporary boat/monorail, the bus would be a much quicker journey, right?

11. WDWKOOK

Welcome! Just take the Blue Flag boat to the CR. From there, you can easily walk to the MK in about 10 minutes. The bus wouldn't be operating in time to get you to an 0800 MK ADR (0750 check-in), if it's not opening until 0900 since the buses start operating one hour prior to park opening.

12. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Absolutely. The bus is much quicker than boating to CR and taking the monorail.

13. ejrj

ejrj DIS Veteran

Ok, so based on both your answers, bus would normally be quicker than boat but bus won't be operating so take the CR boat and then walk.

And what time do you think we should be down at the dock?

THank you!

14. WDWKOOK

That's correct. I'd leave your room NLT 0700 or plan on being at the dock then. (I always like to be early though.)

15. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Just for future reference....the buses don't run for early ADRs at WL?? Glad we didn't have any!

We are used to the values that have the early buses that are just for ADRs, lol!

16. WDWKOOK

I was under the impression that the buses start running one hour prior to park opening - perhaps because there is the Blue Flag boat at WL:confused3. Hopefully, someone will post if they've taken a WL bus to a park earlier than that.

17. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Hmmm....now I'm curious....off to research....:surfweb:

18. ejrj

ejrj DIS Veteran

Mousemommy1, be sure to report back with your findings!

Until then I will plan to be at the docks at 7.

Thank you both!

19. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Well, now I'm curious. What time does the boat to the CR start? (it's provably on page 1, but I thought I would ask :))

20. WDWKOOK

The Blue Flag boat starts running at 0655 from the CR and around 0645 from WL.

21. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

From the information I have gleaned and in my experience, the buses always start running at 6:30 am. This is specifically due to early park ADRs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.