(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I called and they said yes, i can use it. I haven't thought about it ...what other Deluxe do you recommend?
Well that's pretty darn perfect then, you check-out of your CL room and into a Standard room and you'll still have lounge access till 10:thumbsup2. The next day, you just grab breakfast at RF or WC.

If you wanted to switch to another Deluxe for one night outside of the MK resort area, I would recommend BWI/YC which is within walking distance to DHS and Epcot or AKL. Within the MK resort area, I would recommend CR, especially the Tower. Or you could even stay in the FW area and try a cabin, which is in the Moderate category. It has a bedroom with a double bed and bunks and a Murphy Bed in the living room and a kitchen. Sort of a compromise between Pop and a Deluxe. Have you checked-out the Pop thread yet?

Well that's pretty darn perfect then, you check-out of your CL room and into a Standard room and you'll still have lounge access till 10:thumbsup2. The next day, you just grab breakfast at RF or WC.

If you wanted to switch to another Deluxe for one night outside of the MK resort area, I would recommend BWI/YC which is within walking distance to DHS and Epcot or AKL. Within the MK resort area, I would recommend CR, especially the Tower. Or you could even stay in the FW area and try a cabin, which is in the Moderate category. It has a bedroom with a double bed and bunks and a Murphy Bed in the living room and a kitchen. Sort of a compromise between Pop and a Deluxe. Have you checked-out the Pop thread yet?

Yes, that's a good idea in regards to breakfast at RF or even WC.
By that time I would want a hot breakfast being that CL
Only has continental. Yes, I checked out the POP thread very informative.
When hubby gets home tonight I will tell him to get
The room with bunk beds. ;) lets see what he says...

Just booked!!! September 14 for 7 nights. Woods view! We were torn between WL and Poly but WL just seemed like the better deal! Only 333 more days!! Lol!!

nikki7680 said:
Just booked!!! September 14 for 7 nights. Woods view! We were torn between WL and Poly but WL just seemed like the better deal! Only 333 more days!! Lol!!

Congratulations! We love WL and find it to be a wonderful value and a beautiful place to go home to each day. That is an awesome time of year, and we hope to be there then too!

Kook, we were in Sugarloaf, and only stayed in LM the last night of our visit. In retrospect, we should have tried LM first!
Really, the problem is, we're spoiled Deluxe gals!! :goodvibes

So I just did online check-in, yay. But there wasn't a place to make a special room request. It allowed me to check off a box to be near transportation, and allowed me to request a pack n play, neither request was important to me. I have a standard room... :(.

hi!! 10 days!!:cool1: does anyone know how late the trout pass pool bar is open in october?? hoping to enjoy a couple of drinks while the kids swim and watch the movie under the stars!!:drinking1

If Trout Pass is closed, you might try stopping by Territories Lounge. Johnna the bartender there is excellent and would likely give you a drink in a to go cup to take outside with you.

VbChristy said:
So I just did online check-in, yay. But there wasn't a place to make a special room request. It allowed me to check off a box to be near transportation, and allowed me to request a pack n play, neither request was important to me. I have a standard room... :(.

Don't worry, the online checkin occurs after the room assignor has chosen your room location based upon any requests you had in your reservation.

For both of our visits we did online checkin and ended up with upgraded rooms. When we had requests in the reservation, they were met even though there was not an option for them in the online checkin.

Have a great stay at a wonderful resort, no matter which room you end up with.

Kook, we were in Sugarloaf, and only stayed in LM the last night of our visit. In retrospect, we should have tried LM first!

Yes, I think that's the problem with me too! LOL spoiled rotten. :thumbsup2

Don't worry, the online checkin occurs after the room assignor has chosen your room location based upon any requests you had in your reservation.

For both of our visits we did online checkin and ended up with upgraded rooms. When we had requests in the reservation, they were met even though there was not an option for them in the online checkin.

Thanks!

:santa:
Just read where the roof work was completed.. does anybody know if you can go up to watch the fireworks or do you have to be a flag family? How does that work?:confused3

Mickey Mail came today...we arrive on Nov 18th :)
That is coming up soon:goodvibes

Yippee! September will be here before you know it and ADR day even sooner!

Yep, you always want to end on a high note.

Any room requests need to be in your reservation. Just call the WDTC and have them add any requests to your reservation - you'll need your confirmation number.

If Trout Pass is closed, you might try stopping by Territories Lounge. Johnna the bartender there is excellent and would likely give you a drink in a to go cup to take outside with you.
Great advice:thumbsup2. Will they put it in your refillable mug?:laughing:

Actually, it depends. The reservation is dropped into the resort about 5 days prior to arrival. The room assignor assigns your room about 3 days prior to arrival and OCI can be done 10 days prior to arrival. So it depends on when you did OCI and when the room assignor actually assigns your room. You're correct that the room assignor will see your room requests as long as they have been placed in your reservation. OCI does not replace the room assignor.

:santa:
Just read where the roof work was completed.. does anybody know if you can go up to watch the fireworks or do you have to be a flag family? How does that work?:confused3
Rooftop Wishes viewing was a special request for special occasions and had nothing to do with Flag Family which is in the morning. You'd have to ask at check-in about availability since it's a special request. Good luck:)

We just booked our stay last night! But now I'm confused. Are the renovated rooms (with the white bedspreads) CL only? Because we have a courtyard view and we picked the resort based on the brown bedspreads and decor.

We just booked our stay last night! But now I'm confused. Are the renovated rooms (with the white bedspreads) CL only? Because we have a courtyard view and we picked the resort based on the brown bedspreads and decor.

Nope. All of the rooms now have the new decor (with the white bedspreads)

That is coming up soon:goodvibes

Yippee! September will be here before you know it and ADR day even sooner!

Yep, you always want to end on a high note.

Any room requests need to be in your reservation. Just call the WDTC and have them add any requests to your reservation - you'll need your confirmation number.

Great advice:thumbsup2. Will they put it in your refillable mug?:laughing:

Actually, it depends. The reservation is dropped into the resort about 5 days prior to arrival. The room assignor assigns your room about 3 days prior to arrival and OCI can be done 10 days prior to arrival. So it depends on when you did OCI and when the room assignor actually assigns your room. You're correct that the room assignor will see your room requests as long as they have been placed in your reservation. OCI does not replace the room assignor.

Rooftop Wishes viewing was a special request for special occasions and had nothing to do with Flag Family which is in the morning. You'd have to ask at check-in about availability since it's a special request. Good luck:)

Thanks will do..::yes::

Congratulations on booking. You'll love the newly rehabbed rooms. The down comforters are a huge improvement over the bedspreads. Make sure that if you booked a Courtyard View and you would like a view of the WL courtyard instead of the VWL courtyard, that you put a request in your reservation for an INNER or WL courtyard view.

Thanks will do..::yes::
You're welcome:)

Nope. All of the rooms now have the new decor (with the white bedspreads)

Congratulations on booking. You'll love the newly rehabbed rooms. The down comforters are a huge improvement over the bedspreads. Make sure that if you booked a Courtyard View and you would like a view of the WL courtyard instead of the VWL courtyard, that you put a request in your reservation for an INNER or WL courtyard view.

You're welcome:)

It's actually rather funny, because this is the third time we've changed resorts for this trip. First it was CBR, then POFQ (where my mom really wants to stay), then I canceled that because it was made of multiple ressies and I wanted to re-book as one, except it disappeared from the CM discount availability. :badpc: So we finally decided on WL after much price comparing and viewing tons of resort pics online. Mom decided the rooms were "calming". We literally decided this last night, based on the (apparently outdated) pics on allears. And then I found out the decor changed. Thankfully we're still okay with it, but I'm not changing the ressies again!

And I'm not positive about what view we want yet, but will probably end up requesting 3rd-5th floor (we do not want an enclosed balcony) on the wings (have heard rooms off the lobby can be noisy).

We're less than 4 days out and I can hardly wait. Hubby has been working 14 hour days for weeks and he definitely needs this trip. Of course, it's only been 5 months since my last trip, but who's counting? :rotfl:

Our first night is in a studio at WLV and then we'll move to the Club Level in Lodge. It's been 10 years since I've done the Club Level so I'm pretty excited. Hubby has never stayed Club Level ever - so he is even more excited!! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter