(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJK

CJK <font color=purple>BL II -Purple Team <br><font co

May outdoor movie schedule? I can only find the April schedule. Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ChandraM

ChandraM Earning My Ears

My family is taking our first trip to WDW very very soon and I have a question for all of you Wilderness Lodge veterans.

We have a pre-rope drop ADR at Tusker House (8:35 AM) on our first full day at WDW. From what I understand, the buses start running 1 hour before parks open. If we get on the first bus from WL to AK that morning will we get there in time for our ADR?

Thanks in advance!

4. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:welcome: to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread. Since I got confused about early ADR buses recently:rolleyes1, I looked it up. ADR buses actually run so that guests can make the earliest ADR. This should help explain how the early ADR buses work:

Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.

Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for the Disney's Hollywood Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.

These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.

From AllEars

5. WDWKOOK

Bumping in case someone knows for you.

Yes - $25 per adult after the second one.

Happy (early) anniversary!

Yes, just make sure to include your request in your reservation and then ask the IPO to confirm that it's in there so the Room Assignor will see it.

:thumbsup2

Welcome! We did a BLT-WL/CL split last August and loved it - food for thought. I believe that the bunk rooms aren't mirrored so you could get a bunk next to two queens. Hopefully, someone can confirm this:listen:

Your VWL stay is coming up soon! Will you be posting a TR of sorts?

The link I have in Post #1 is as up to date as The Mouse for Less posts them to their site. They never post though prior to the month and sometimes they're a bit late so just keep checking the link everyday for May.

ETA: Just checked and the MAY CALENDAR is up! Just click on the link in Post 1.

6. ChandraM

ChandraM Earning My Ears

Thank you so much! Since these buses are for early ADRs only, will I need to show proof of my ADR (like a confirmation number) in order to get on the bus? Will the buses for each location run about every 20 minutes or will we need to be ready for the early ADR bus at 7:00/7:15?

7. CJK

Thank you!

8. MindyMouse76

MindyMouse76 Mouseketeer

9. CJK

10. GaBelle

GaBelle DIS Veteran

Oooo, split stay! I need to mull that one over a bit...
    Thanks Kook!

11. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

Awesome info to have, thanks!

12. WDWKOOK

You're welcome. It helped me, too since we never do early ADRs. I think it would be fun taking your own private early ADR bus! I need to put this up on the first page of all my threads;)

13. WDWKOOK

I don't think the bus driver will want it. But, you'll need to give your name to get into the park pre-opening. The CMs have an ADR list that they'll match it against, so it's best to always have your confirmation numbers with you, like in your phone or a down-sized paper list.

You're welcome!

14. MomofDisneyLoversx3

MomofDisneyLoversx3 DIS Veteran

Hmmm well if I'm paying an extra $50/night for my parents in a deluxe room (which is silly and money grubbing to me, shame on you Disney) I may just get two rooms. Which means we will stay at WL. Or maybe go back to AKL as it will be the last trip we fit in a CL room there. This is so confusing !!!

15. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Gotta say I haven't found a resort or hotel that DIDN'T charge extra for a 3rd and 4th adult.

16. MomofDisneyLoversx3

MomofDisneyLoversx3 DIS Veteran

For a standard room I agree. But for a 2 room suite with 3 queen beds? That irritates me for some reason. :)

ETA: especially as Disney will make more money off of 1 deluxe, even w/3-4 adults than 2 standard rooms. Oh well. Now I have more decisions to make.

17. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

I have a question. We aren't going to WDW until next year but I wanted to learn as much as I can about DVC. Did everyone book their DVC Villas through Disney or where? We aren't DVC members but I'd like to get us 1 bedroom villa. This will be my hubby's first time staying on WDW Property & I want to make it special. Plus he requested to stay @ this hotel out of ALL Of them.

any info would be GREATLY appreciated!!!ºoº

:goodvibes

18. automaticsoap

automaticsoap Mouseketeer

You can book both the Boardwalk Inn and Boardwalk Villas using cash reservations through Disney. You can also rent points from a DVC member to stay at BWV.

19. KNJWDW

KNJWDW Mouseketeer

I just made my final payment for our June trip to WL! I have a question about online check in. Does anyone know what kind, if any, requests can be made when you do online check in? My TA did request bunk beds for us (we are in a standard room) when she booked the trip. But, I was wondering if this was also a request I could add during online check in.

Thanks!

Amy

20. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We've stayed at the BCV's three times and all three times we booked it directly through Disney. We got daily housekeeping, just like for any normal hotel room.

21. automaticsoap

automaticsoap Mouseketeer

Whoops -- I just realized that I thought this thread was the Boardwalk thread! But the info still applies to WL and VWL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.