(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

Perfect start to the morning. Happy Easter!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Sounds fabulous. I know the exact spot you are in. I loved those hot tubs. It was a touch cool (and at times, outright cold) while we where there and the only way I was able to get in the water was the hot tubs. They are so nice. I miss them.

4. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

HAPPY EASTER!​

I'm sure everyone is relieved to read this - thanks! You did really well yesterday, especially considering it was the day before a holiday.

Did you have any ducks keeping you company? They LOVE an early morning swim. Enjoy the rest of your day!

5. TX Momof2

TX Momof2 Mouseketeer

I am so jealous! I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Happy Easter!

6. 2infinityandbeyond!

2infinityandbeyond! Earning My Ears

Gotta love WL!!!

7. jenifferf00

jenifferf00 Mouseketeer

It's Easter and my 45 day mark. (My ticker's wrong since we added a day to the beginning of our trip) Got confirmation that my PP+ was shipped, now all I need is to get my Dessert Party reservation, get my Mickey Mail, and pack!

8. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

My kind of morning! Happy Easter!

:flower3:

9. RedfromNL

RedfromNL Mouseketeer

Sadly they don't send mickey mail to the Netherlands. But we do now have our tickets for the Queen Mary II :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just a little longer.....
    I have been looking at my closet: what do I want to take? Do I need anything?

10. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Welcome! And, yes we do:thumbsup2

:yay:

The QM2 must have a nice shop where you can get some fancy frocks and The Mercantile sells everything from PJs to Pilsner, so no need to pack;)

11. 2girlsR2good

2girlsR2good Mouseketeer

We're coming back!:banana:

Booked another :santa: trip for the weekend after Thanksgiving. 5th in a row of our annual We Need Christmas Spirit trip.

Nov 30-Dec 2. Bunk bed room, enormous Christmas Tree, what could be better??

12. thegales

thegales Mouseketeer<br><font color="purple">Says he is hap

We have booked a courtyard view WL for a vacation in June. It has been awhile since we have been to the World. We have a lot of questions, so I have been trying to pick out pieces of this thread to learn. Two basic transportation questions. What is the most efficient way to get to MK, boat or bus? Coming back to WL, I think we will take the boat, since we probably won't have anywhere we need to be at a certain time. What is the most efficient way from WL to Hoop Dee Doo at the campgrounds, boat, bus, or walk?

13. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The bus to MK is a five minute ride and the boat is about fifteen minutes. The boat is a nice, relaxing way to go and we used it almost exclusively.

There is a second boat that travels between the Contemporary, Fort Wilderness and WL. That is how we got to Hoop Dee Doo and to the CR to catch the monorail for dinner at the Polynesian and GF. There is a bus to FtW too, but if you take that you have to transfer to an internal bus to get to Pioneer Hall.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

14. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

I love the boat and loathe the buses. I stayed at WL to skip buses at all costs. The boat to MK is super easy and so much less crowded than the buses have always been. And no waiting 20 min while they strap in ECV or wheel chairs.

Boat to FtW, no question asked. Pioneer Hall (where they have HDDR) is in the same general area as the boat dock. It's a very easy walk up the beach and to the check in area. The bus would take longer I'm sure. Plus you'd have to get on another bus at FtW.

Use that boat. It's fabulous.

15. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

Does anybody know why they dont include the Wilderness Lodge in the 30% off discounts anymore?:confused3 They only get 20%.. Make me wonder about later discounts including Military...:worried:

16. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Supply and demand. People want to be at a Deluxe resort where they don’t have to worry about construction, where the rooms are a little cheaper, and where they don’t have to take a bus to the Magic Kingdom.

17. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

One thing to keep in mind is that rack rate for WL and AKL is lower than for the other deluxe resorts. So a 20% discount at WL might still give you a less expensive room than a 30% off at the Poly, for example.

18. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

It definitely does. However, 20% at WL is very close to 30% at BC.

19. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Agreed :)

I priced it out once and I think the difference was less than $200 more at the BC for six nights. :)

20. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

But why is Animal Kingdom still in the 30%? its also cheaper than poly and GF and some of the others...:confused::sad2:

21. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I would guess because it is less desirable than the other deluxe resorts. The AKL is the only deluxe that depends 100% on buses, while the WL has boat service to MK and to CR and FW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.