(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedfromNL

RedfromNL Mouseketeer

:sad1: Bit down right now.
    Had to take my 17year old cat to the vets for the last time, hurts.

Needed to come over here and look at the pretty pictures and all. Think happy thoughts.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TheLodgeLady

TheLodgeLady Mouseketeer

OH no :( so sorry. Always think of all the love you get your kitty and your kitty gave you!! :hug:

4. jackemail

jackemail Disney Veteran

So sorry for your loss.

5. nyrebecca

nyrebecca DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss. Much love to you and your family.

6. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

So sorry.. I had one.. ABNER.. for 16 yrs. I know how you feel..

7. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:goodvibes

Youuuuuu? :rotfl:
    Welcome and yes, usually the WL room assignors are wonderful with requests and even a magical upgrade here and there. I am quite confident that if your only request is for an inner Courtyard view (and you've booked a Courtyard View) you will most likely get that.

Those who have used the P&P have found it fits best either next to the sliding glass door by the queen bed (tight fit though I would imagine) or in front of the connecting door area (between the closet and the coat hook):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I couldn't do it and had to have DH go alone to the vet with our 15-year-old Tabby. They are a part of the family, aren't they? We would all love to see a photo of your precious cat if you feel up to posting.

Here's a little video to distract you. It's the newest DIS video in the "park bench" series. It's of the view from the TE porch at FW. There are boat horns, golf carts and an abandoned sippy cup! I thought for sure the two ladies who stop in the golf cart were going to retrieve the sippy cup:upsidedow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuqo...disney-updates+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)

8. RedfromNL

RedfromNL Mouseketeer

Thanks all for caring.

I had to, he'd have panicked without me there, my cats have always been one-person cats I'm afraid. As long as mommy was there all is well.. Last thing I could do.

Don't know how to post though. can I find that anywhere? Wouldn't mind sharing my furry kids at all.
    Have been clearing away a lot of cat-related things and remembering. It's way too quiet in the house right now. So weird, I keep "hearing" him.

Thanks for the wonderfull video too. I've been looking at a few others as well since I needed some happy thoughts.

9. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

If you get a flat rate box from the USPS, print the label at home and pay its postsge online before you leave, you'll just have to pack the box, seal it and ask front desk to drop it in the US mail.

Easy as pie!:thumbsup2

10. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

You will 'hear' kitty for a long time and you might think you're about to step on him in a dark room or hallway when it's only a sock or rug... I had to get rid of everything quickly so as not to be reminded, so I took everything to the local shelter. I know it's very sad for you now. I think there is a bereavement/loss thread on the DIS where people post, but we'd still love a photo here!

To post photos you will need to upload your photos to a photo sharing site, such as Photobucket. Most have free accounts to start. After uploading, it will generate an image code which will start and end with IMG. Copy and paste the IMG code into your post. I can help you if you hit any snags.

Yesterday was Pi Day:teacher:

11. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

If you can help me post pictures .... you can help anyone .... I'm sure I was your most tech challenged student!!! :rotfl2:

12. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

Thank you for the reply and info WDWKook!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

13. monami7

monami7 DIS Veteran

We are going in Nov too! The first week. I can't wait. Our request was honored last spring about getting inner courtyard. I would think you would get it.
    Heidi

14. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

Thank you Heidi! We'd also like to be close to the lobby but I don't want to push it!.....lol

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

15. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

Oooo, I'm so sorry! :hug:

16. Tinkerbelljean

Tinkerbelljean Earning My Ears

So sorry.

I found my son's 17 year-old cat Jordan in his bedroom. My son was at college when his cat passed away on his bed. We had the cat since my son was in kindergarten. It was hard to be without Jordan, he was a fixture in our lives.

Sorry....

17. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

So sorry for your loss! I had to take my 17 year old cat to the vet this week too. It seems like she'll be ok for a while. Just not sure how long....

18. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear about your kitty. You can probably tell by my user name that I love cats. I lost my 17 and 18 year old cats within 2 months of each other last year. Absolutely heartbreaking. Sending good thoughts your way.

19. CaliKT

CaliKT Mouseketeer

So sorry for your loss, RedFromNL. Hope you can find some peace looking back at memories of your kitty.

20. RedfromNL

RedfromNL Mouseketeer

[​IMG]

Gaius a few years ago, happy and comfortable on the couch.

Thanks all for your kind words, I just needed to share it and well :grouphug: thanks.

21. mikepdc

mikepdc Earning My Ears

Hi all! Posting with a question from the lodge. Do any of the studio villas have a full bed instead of queen? Just checked in and the bed seems smaller than the queen I have at home, but CMs indicate all studios have queen beds. TIA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.