(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluecastle,

Let me try and answer your questions. Regarding the flow of water, I think the water pressure is fine. The showers are equipped with low flow nozzles to decrease water use as an energy saving measure so water flow may not be what you are used to.

Beds were great-I have had back issues in the past, but no complaints from anyone this trip.

I was at VWL for a week in November and 8 days in February. We requested pool view both times. In November we were on the 5th floor in a 1 bdrm and this trip in 4535 and 4533 (2BRM lock off). We could see the pool from the balcony and were relatively close to the elevator which were our requests. Both visits we got quiet rooms with not too much walking. We could enjoy the Electric Parade on the balcony. Also birds visited the balcony.

The room in November was not that clean, cleanliness was better in February. In Nov. we had a glass/dish collection that resembled my Goodwill collection from college. Multiple sized glasses, 3 different types of wine glasses. I am sure you'd never see what we were given on a Marketing picture. Surfaces in the kitchen in November could have used a better cleaning. However, the angle of the light also caught everything at that time of year. Many things were missing from the room on both trips, November we needed pot holders, a paring knife, light bulbs replaced and we had a replacement lamp that didn't go with the room theme. We had to get batteries for the remote control in November. Many of these things should have been taken care of by former users, like burned out light bulbs and dead batteries. In Feb the Main bedroom TV did not work, upon investigation a cable on the tv was not connected, an easy fix. There were things left by prior users in the rooms, photo pass cards, receipts, Disney ribbons and Disney confetti. We had to get a new carafe as the one we had was broken and we needed pot holders again. The room was pretty clean, in February. It was missing a few finishing touches, like covers on the toilet paper dispenser but it was comfy.

Enough drawer space hmmm we had enough in the lock off. The person who had to sleep in the main living room on the sofa really did not have enough drawer space, but we made do. There is room in the closet. We don't bring that many clothes due to the washer.

The washer is one of the new energy efficient washers which makes a lot of noise. It bothered my in-laws a lot. I could not use it at bedtime as it kept them awake.

That is about all I can remember.

Jean

Thanks TBjean for your honest and detailed appraisal. Since we are driving, I am planning on bringing a few kitchen items of my own, (including thermal mugs for taking our coffee with us in the morning), and stopping at Wal-Mart or someplace to get paper goods on our way from Uni to WDW. I plan to check everything from faucets to lightbulbs as soon as we check in and before I unpack. This will not assure me that any/all issues will be addressed, but I don't want to discover any of this stuff after I have unpacked and gone into vacation mode!
I am glad to hear about the beds since that is something that will affect me the most. I guess I will just have to hope that the unit we get is thoroughly cleaned before we check in! Thanks for the tip about the washer. I probably wouldn't be doing laundry in the evenings, but it's good to know. (honestly, the only person who would be bothered by the noise would be me!)
Thanks again for your quick and thorough answers to my questions!

......The washer is one of the new energy efficient washers which makes a lot of noise. It bothered my in-laws a lot. I could not use it at bedtime as it kept them awake.

That is about all I can remember.

Jean

That must be new. We were at VWL in a dedicated two bedroom villa and we didn't have a HE washer, just the regular stackable. I didn't know they made HE in stackables.

I did just purchase a HE washer for my home and it is very quiet. All the noise I hear is the sweet little chimes when it if finished.

Popping in to say that we'll be there in no time! A day early in fact. We are going to be arriving Tuesday evening rather than Wednesday afternoon. So excited

Popping in to say that we'll be there in no time! A day early in fact. We are going to be arriving Tuesday evening rather than Wednesday afternoon. So excited

Yay! Have a magical trip, and especially enjoy that extra day!pixiedust: Can't wait to hear all about it!

I would love some opinions from WL lovers about a possible stay at an Epcot resort next June.

We adore/love the Wilderness Lodge. It just feels like home. With that said, we are planning on a trip in June and wanted to test the waters at an Epcot resort. Does anyone have a recomendation for one of them,and if so, why?

If it helps, the trip is my 15 year old son, my mother, and myself. We drive, so no magical express, and if needed, we would think of driving to parks.

Thank you in advance -

dreamcruiser said:
I have scanned back several (10) pages and don't see the answer to the question: when are the Christmas decorations in the lobby up? (just a ballpark guess will do!) I want to go back during the holidays this year, and would like to make sure that the tree is up! :goodvibes We had a trip planned to the WL for April, and changed to the GF....but will be ready for some cozy time at the Lodge come Christmas-time! :thumbsup2

We arrived on the Sunday before Thanksgiving this past year and everything was up.

nyrebecca said:
I would love some opinions from WL lovers about a possible stay at an Epcot resort next June.

We adore/love the Wilderness Lodge. It just feels like home. With that said, we are planning on a trip in June and wanted to test the waters at an Epcot resort. Does anyone have a recomendation for one of them,and if so, why?

If it helps, the trip is my 15 year old son, my mother, and myself. We drive, so no magical express, and if needed, we would think of driving to parks.

Thank you in advance -

We love the Beach Club because it is a short walk to Epcot, the Marketplace is located in that building and the theme of the resort appeals to us. The whole area is great. There is a boat to both HS and Epcot. There is a lot less bus riding to do when staying there, which is really nice.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the Epcot resorts. :)

Hi again!

We've just about decided we're doing another WDW trip!! Aiming for Nov 9-16, 2013. We did November 2012 over Veteran's Day, so we're aiming for a few days later to try to avoid some of the crowd's, but still take advantage of the holiday off!

We'll be traveling with DD, who will be 26 months - so excited to see her reaction this time around!

We're thinking Woods View with a bunk bed...and keeping our fingers crossed for a pin and/or room only discount.

Glad to be joining you all again!!

JulieODC said:
Hi again!

We've just about decided we're doing another WDW trip!! Aiming for Nov 9-16, 2013. We did November 2012 over Veteran's Day, so we're aiming for a few days later to try to avoid some of the crowd's, but still take advantage of the holiday off!

We'll be traveling with DD, who will be 26 months - so excited to see her reaction this time around!

We're thinking Woods View with a bunk bed...and keeping our fingers crossed for a pin and/or room only discount.

If you aren't against a room only reservation check with Disney to see if they have any rooms with the AAA discount. We are going the week after you and we're able to get a percent off. I think it was like 20%.

Wood Nymph said:
We love the Beach Club because it is a short walk to Epcot, the Marketplace is located in that building and the theme of the resort appeals to us. The whole area is great. There is a boat to both HS and Epcot. There is a lot less bus riding to do when staying there, which is really nice.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the Epcot resorts. :)

We were looking at the Beach Club so I am happy that was the first one mentioned. I think it would be a nice place to check out. Thanks for your input!

Not sure if I checked all the right places, but we checked out on Sat. and when were were about halfway home my son realized he left his lost stuffed animal in the room (likely on the top bunk). We contacted the WL main number and were transferred to the lost and found voicemail. We left a message but haven't heard anything. I also emailed the "Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com" email (we were on Club Level) and they said they contacted housekeeping, but again we haven't heard anything back yet.

I wasn't sure if there was anyone else worth checking with. My son is distraught at losing his favorite stuffed animal.

Has anyone had any luck (and how long does it normally take) getting anything returned from housekeeping/lost and found?

Thanks!

Question about the standard bunk bed rooms. We are going to put in a request for a bunk bed room, I know they are limited and sought after so the chances are slim. What I'm wondering about is that my oldest daughter is 5, not 6, does this mean they will not put us in a bunk bed room unless we had actually booked a bunk bed room?

jenifferf00 said:
Question about the standard bunk bed rooms. We are going to put in a request for a bunk bed room, I know they are limited and sought after so the chances are slim. What I'm wondering about is that my oldest daughter is 5, not 6, does this mean they will not put us in a bunk bed room unless we had actually booked a bunk bed room?

If you book a bunk bed room you should get a bunk bed room. It is a category you pay for and not a preference If you book a club level room you can put in a request for bunk beds but it is not guaranteed. I don't know if someone who booked a regular standard view room would be able to get a free upgrade to a bunk bed room.

If you book a bunk bed room you should get a bunk bed room. It is a category you pay for and not a preference If you book a club level room you can put in a request for bunk beds but it is not guaranteed. I don't know if someone who booked a regular standard view room would be able to get a free upgrade to a bunk bed room.

I was under the impression there are standard room bunk bed rooms, but they are not bookable vs. the woods view or courtyard view bookable bunk bed categories.

I was under the impression there are standard room bunk bed rooms, but they are not bookable vs. the woods view or courtyard view bookable bunk bed categories.
That is correct - CL and STD View non-CL rooms with bunks are by-request only:

Standard View
1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed
Sleeps up to 4

This is my dream resort, the theming just looks superb!!!
I'm hoping to be able to go here next year's Feb trip, if not, the next one after that then.
I'm happy to see it gets a lot of positive ratings!
Well pull up a rocker and happy planning!

Checking in to the Villas in May. Can't wait!! :lovestruc
It won't be long now, skylizard!

Thank you.. we will be staying at the French Quarter.
I've updated the Log:)

First, I would love to be added to the Lodger's Log for 8/11-8/16. We'll be there celebrating my youngest's birthday!

Second, for requesting rooms...we have reserved a Woods View Bunk Bed room. I'd love a view of MK & Wishes if the room gods are with us. Would it be best to request 1. a high floor and 2. Otter pond view?

Thanks a million!
I've added you to the LL and an alternate request would be "North Wing, high floor." The room assignor will understand both requests as they know that the Otter Pond is on the North Side. Good luck!

Just returned from a VWL stay Feb. 13-21 in a 2BRM lock off with the exception of 2/17 when we could only get a 1 BRM so some of us stayed at AKL Club level. Both sons, DH and in-laws (in their 80's) and myself for this trip. Those who stayed at AKL Club level loved it.

At VWL we had issues checking in (rooms not ready after 5 pm and then the room number was called to our home phone instead of a text to our cell phone which we requested) and with Mousekeeping (no room cleaning or trash and towel service in the 1 BRM unit which we were in 8 days). The lack of Mousekeeping put a kink in our trip. I spent a lot of time cleaning and washing Disney towels/sheets and came home exhausted. I kept being sent from Mousekeeping, to the front desk to Member services. I gave up and will send a letter. I wanted a nice trip for the family so I cleaned and did Disney's laundry begrudgingly.

The Territory Lounge was nice, we really enjoyed our time there. We had a hoot of a breakfast at Whispering Canyon (or as my son refers to it "The Bellowing Buffet"). We took the in-laws to the Top of the World Lounge for a drink and to watch MK fireworks. They enjoyed that.

I don't think the in-laws will travel again so this was a special time, they flew in from Minnesota, a son from Wisconsin and the rest from the East Coast. Despite weather issues, all went well from a transportation perspective.

One thing I miss in the villas are the dishes which matched the room decor. I loved the green mugs and the large "Chuckwagon" type bowls. The white institutional dishes just are not the same. I brought a hearty soup mix along to have in the "Chuckwagon" bowls, but alas, no bowls. I really miss the old WL dishes and didn't make the soup.:(
Thanks so much for filing a VWL TR with us. It's always great to hear what others thought of their accommodations and thanks for answering questions:)

I have scanned back several (10) pages and don't see the answer to the question: when are the Christmas decorations in the lobby up? (just a ballpark guess will do!) I want to go back during the holidays this year, and would like to make sure that the tree is up! :goodvibes We had a trip planned to the WL for April, and changed to the GF....but will be ready for some cozy time at the Lodge come Christmas-time! :thumbsup2
As soon as the Halloween decorations come down in the first week of November, the Christmas decorations magically start appearing, but the date seems to vary every year.

We check in to the Lodge tomorrow!

Hope to be in the air at this time tomorrow and to the Lodge by Noon.

We cannot wait!
I hope we hear from you soon and I hope you had an easy flight.

We are also checking in tomorrow! So excited! Honeymoon Suite CL here we come!!!
Looking forward to your report and have a magical vacation:goodvibes

:wave2:

Jealous of the Honeymoon Suite, but probably would not have been an appropriate choice for my son's 7th birthday celebration.....:rolleyes1
Awww, I bet he would love playing in that whirlpool tub and sleeping in a blanket fort on the floor;)

I'll be staying at WL in a Honeymoon Suite myself with my new wife the last week of September!

Can you give us a review when you return?

Paul
:love:

Just booked our second trip to the Lodge -- Dec 7-13, Courtyard Bunk Bed. Can't wait to get back!
Ive logged you on the first page. It's going to be perfect with all the decorations up:santa:

Can't wait to hear about your stay. It's so exciting leaving a day earlier - yippee!

Thank you in advance -
We tested the Crescent Lake waters last spring break at BWI and loved being able to walk right over to DHS and Epcot. We prefer BWI because it's a more relaxed atmosphere than BC. We liked YC, but it shares many amenities with BC which we personally find way to chaotic and crazy. We prefer the scenery and views at BWI over YC (no rooftop views). We'll be staying again this spring break, but we're also staying at FWC. We did a BWI/WL-CL split last spring break which was nice, but we didn't really like BWI's CL so we're staying non-CL this time.

Hi again!

Keep us updated on your plans:goodvibes

Not sure if I checked all the right places, but we checked out on Sat. and when were were about halfway home my son realized he left his lost stuffed animal in the room (likely on the top bunk). We contacted the WL main number and were transferred to the lost and found voicemail. We left a message but haven't heard anything. I also emailed the "Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com" email (we were on Club Level) and they said they contacted housekeeping, but again we haven't heard anything back yet.

I wasn't sure if there was anyone else worth checking with. My son is distraught at losing his favorite stuffed animal.

Has anyone had any luck (and how long does it normally take) getting anything returned from housekeeping/lost and found?

Thanks!
You did all the right things. I've heard amazing things about resorts promptly mailing back found items, but it may be harder if it was taken away with the dirty linens. I've read that when this happens, it's harder to track down lost items in the WDW laundry facilities. I've read of 'alternate' new items even being given to guests whose laundered item can't be recovered.

But, not hearing from them already doesn't mean it won't be found or that they haven't already mailed it home. I would email the IPO again tomorrow or later today and ask for an update. I know this is very hard for DS and for you - I bet it was a long trip back home and even harder for him to fall asleep. I hope his stuffed animal is found soon.

That is correct - CL and STD View non-CL rooms with bunks are by-request only:

Standard View
1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed
Sleeps up to 4

Well, I was almost right. ;) It seems strange to me that they would charge a higher price for a guaranteed bunk bed woods view or courtyard view room, but just make it a preference for standard view rooms. :confused3 Oh, well, I guess it doesn't have to make sense to me. :)

We tested the Crescent Lake waters last spring break at BWI and loved being able to walk right over to DHS and Epcot. We prefer BWI because it's a more relaxed atmosphere than BC. We liked YC, but it shares many amenities with BC which we personally find way to chaotic and crazy. We prefer the scenery and views at BWI over YC (no rooftop views). We'll be staying again this spring break, but we're also staying at FWC. We did a BWI/WL-CL split last spring break which was nice, but we didn't really like BWI's CL so we're staying non-CL this time.

Kook - Thank you so much for the info. I definitely do not like chaotic and never even thought of BC and YC sharing. Oh and I really dislike the idea of a rooftop view.

We were thinking of a bit of a cheaper trip, so no CL in June wherever we stay. But may I ask what you did not like about their CL at BWI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter