(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Yes, kook I am confused by their response as well. And that is why I did not comment on it. I did not reply to IPO as I'm not sure what to say to them without sounding, yes you know...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

It seems the IPO actually ended up offering more CL 'insights' than you were hoping for:upsidedow. They added yet another element of potential disappointment by pointing out that the chef can't keep up with demand. I could tell you and others not to be concerned or don't worry about it, but that would be rather disingenuous of me. I worry and fret when I read reviews and I and some others have noticed some changes over the past 6 months.

Let's keep our eyes and ears open to what is 'trending' up there on the 7th floor:grouphug:

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

popcorn::

5. WDWKOOK

:stir::rotfl:

6. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

:surfweb:

7. WDWKOOK

According to our Log, teheber should have just returned from CL and pld5 should be there next. Hopefully, they'll post their observations here:listen:

8. pld5

pld5 Mouseketeer

Our plane should be landing at MCO right about now this time next week!

I'll be happy to post my observations of CL but may not be able to until I return. Lucky for the DIS, I have taken the Monday off after my return so I can update the boards accordingly before going back to work. ;)

This will be our first time staying CL, so I won't know if the offerings are any better or worse from past trips but I will take pictures so you all can judge for yourselves.

9. bluecastle

bluecastle DIS Veteran

Thanks tarak! I have passed along the link to the rest of my group and we will see what they think. It was a good thing you posted this, as my original plan to go after breakfast at Trail's End on a Monday wouldn't have been possible!

10. tinkerrn

tinkerrn Needing 'pixie dust'!!

We will also be staying CL next week. This will be our 6th stay WL CL, so we'll have some idea as to the offerings available. I hope it isn't as dire as I have been reading. We love the CL at WL.

11. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

Yes please post back, now I'm starting to second guess my WL CL stay in 3 weeks! I could save a ton of money by switching to a standard room. We've gotten spoiled with CL but I just can't justify the cost if the pickings are slim!

12. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

As we had never stayed WL let alone CL until this T'giving, it will be interesting to hear what the veterans think. We were very pleased with our stay and selection, but we didn't know from before.

13. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Oh please do post your observations!

In fact, maybe it wouldn't hurt if folks staying CL within the next few weeks email IPO their concerns.... Maybe that would help them realize we DO care!

We also love WL CL!:cloud9:

14. kroy

kroy Earning My Ears

We've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge four times over the last several years, and they've always had hot oatmeal for breakfast at the Roaring Fork. It's not club level, but it's there if you really want it! ┬ľAnd I should mention that eating breakfast at one of the outside tables is very pleasant on a sunny morning!

15. TaraPA

Good to know - thanks for the tip!

16. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Current (this week) WL CL breakfast includes:

Oatmeal, brown sugar, craisins, white raisins
    Pineapple, watermelon, cantelope, honey dew apples & bananas
    Yogurts & 4 types of cereal
    Bagels & breads
    Blueberry & double chocolate muffins
    Mini Croissants & cinnamon buns

:thumbsup2

17. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

That's what it was in November also :)

18. nyrebecca

nyrebecca DIS Veteran

Is the oatmeal in packets or something? I can't recall having seen it there.

19. WDWKOOK

It's in a big pot on a hot plate similar to the cobbler.

The breakfast selection remains the same everyday, with the exception of oatmeal which is available in the winter. The Epcot resorts offer oatmeal (and sliced hard boiled eggs) all the time.

20. TaraPA

Ok define WINTER lol!! We'll be there 3/15-17 - technically that's still winter....I'm crossing my fingers for hot oatmeal!!

21. WDWKOOK

:scratchin Let's see, Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow so the oatmeal will end earlier this year:confused3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.