(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delilah18

delilah18 DIS Veteran

Hello

Does someone have a map that show where the elevators are?
    Is there more then one set are they just in one place?

thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I used the website to get an ADR for Trail's End just a couple weeks ago, and I didn't have a problem using the website. It worked fine and it was easy to match up my guests, too.

When my 180 day reservation window came up, I just booked the couple of reservations that I knew I wanted and which were also hard to get, like the Park Fare 1900 Cinderella's dinner. Then as I did a little more research and discussed plans with my daughter, we added a few more ADR's over the next few weeks. Some of them are hard to get, others I could only get if I changed my days. I've cancelled a few and booked new ones. The only one I never could get was BOG, but I'll make sure to get it before our next trip. :)

4. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

The set we used were by check-in and the mercantile...never busy

5. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

Does Wilderness Lodge Club Level have White Zinfandel Wine?

6. Kay2397

Kay2397 Mouseketeer

We arrive 2/15 and are staying for 7 nights. It's a first visit for our DDs 2 and 5. We are all so excited. I have a few questions :)
    1. Flag family- what time is the flag raised? How are the families chosen?
    2. We have a BBB appt for 8am at MK on 2/19 and an 8:05am ADR at Crystal Palace on 2/20. What time should we arrive at MK and will the boats get us there on time?
    3. We will have a car with us and we were thinking of driving to AK, HS and Epcot but think the boat would be easier for MK. Does this sound like a good plan?

This is my first post even though I have lurked for a while. ;)
    Thanks for your help!

7. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Welcome :) ask at check-in if there are any openings for flag family while you are there. First come first served. The flags go up between 8-9am.
    We always have our car and drive to everything but MK- took the boat over, sometimes bus back.

8. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

This is a map that shows the room numbers. I think that the X's indicate the elevators. I'm sure that someone who has been there could confirm that.

http://users.hartwick.edu/heydukr/wlrooms.htm

9. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

This may sound silly, but can you be the flag family with no kids? :(

10. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

If you take your time, get a bottle of wine and have an appetizer, meal and dessert you will be there for illuminations :lovestruc

11. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

After watching the video I am so homesick for the lodge :(. We are staying at the BWV in 2 weeks (our cousins are staying at the Swan which is why we chose the location). However, we are all sad that we aren't staying at WL....my kids are begging me to switch. Hopefully next time. *sigh*

12. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

The dark deed you have requested has been done...
    [​IMG]

:welcome: to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread, Jewelleigh! I'm so glad you found the thread useful in making your decision to celebrate your birthday at WL. Would you like to be included in the Lodgers' Log? It's a cozy spot on the 1st page/last post to list DISers with upcoming trips.

Yippee!! you've been logged:). You're going to love the Lodge and what a great surprise:goodvibes. Let us know if you have any questions.

:wave:
    So what ADRs did you end up making this morning? Did you do it online? Did you make a Tokyo Dining ADR?!

Hi! The map that was posted from the first page by Wood Nymph does show the elevators with an X. If you need more specific location info., feel free to ask:)

What I noticed about the new ADR system that I dislike is that you can't get accurate times. It will only offer 3 times times at most and if you want 6:00, for example, you have to select a time about 2 hours later in order to be offered that time. Choosing 6:00 only seems to generate times well before that. Choosing 8:00 or 7:00, gets closer to your desired time. I find that frustrating.

I think WL has some of the most reliable elevators. We've never waited. One visit, one elevator wouldn't go up to CL, but that's the only issue we've ever encountered.

Of course, the photo I have of the wine on the first page doesn't show the white wine's label:blush: and of course, I can't recall what type of white wine it was since I usually drink reds. Hopefully, someone else will recall:listen:

:welcome: to the WL/VWL thread, Kay2397! Some of your questions were already answered:thumbsup2. You will want to get to the MK by about 0750. You'll have no trouble at all is you take the Blue Flag boat over to the CR (it starts running about 0655). Then just walk right over to the MK (about 10 minutes from the dock). Taking into consideration any time you might wait for the boat, the boat ride and the walk, I would be at the WL dock by about 0705 - about one hour prior to your ADR.

Driving depends on your mood. If you're in no hurry and feel like sitting back and relaxing a bit, take the bus. The MK bus is non-stop. The DtD bus seems to take forever, especially on the return, but parking is difficult there. You can also monorail over to Epcot by taking the boat to CR, but the bus is faster.

:thumbsup2

Not silly and yes!

:stir:Split stay perhaps? Last spring break we did a BWI/CL - WL/CL split...

13. cwt580

cwt580 DIS Veteran

89 days to go....as my DD woulod say.."im just saying"

14. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

I like how you think!!!! Another +1 for keeping that reservations! Ha.

15. KNJWDW

KNJWDW Mouseketeer

I just read on another thread that standard view rooms have a smaller balcony than the other rooms. Is that the case? :confused3 I just thought the views weren't as good as the other rooms.

Amy

16. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

My husband said the white wine was a Chardonnay :)

17. disney newb

disney newb Mouseketeer

Read the resort blog... Very nice! Wish we were back:( where can you play ping pong though??

18. Jewelleigh

Jewelleigh Earning My Ears

Thank you! Yes please add us to your lodger list! We will be there September 21 - 26!

19. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Wood Nymph: Tomorrow is the BIG day!!!:)

And then they do this:rolleyes2

Only 88 days today!

This is what the STD View balcony looks like:

[​IMG]

And Courtyard View balconies:

[​IMG]

They appear to be the same size, but I've never stayed in a STD View so I don't know first-hand. GrandCalifornian had a STD View last year and this is his photo of the balcony:

[​IMG]

ETA: Now I'm a little confused about exactly which room this was since there's a door instead of a slider:scratchin. I'm sure GC will clarify soon.

:thumbsup2

:scratchin I'm sorry, but I don't know what the resort blog is. WL doesn't offer ping pong, but BLT does by the pool:)

Sure will!

20. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I just got my boarding pass! This time tomorrow we should be on the plane. :cool1:
    My daughter will be arriving at the lodge today. I can't wait to hear how she likes it.

21. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

How exciting!!!! :banana:

Have an amazing trip! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the lodge! :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.