1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monami7

monami7 DIS Veteran

We just returned from the lodge. We fell in love! It was a perfect location. We are planning on a vwl stay in Nov. Will the refurbish be finished by then?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mouse14

Mouse14 Wish I was at the Lodge

its nothing fancy but i just learned of the brewery at Boardwalk we might try... atleast for one of the nights...

4. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Big River. It's initial location is here in my home town. Never have figured out why they opened a location in Disney. Their food isn't bad (a bit higher priced in Disney than it is here for the same things) and their beer is pretty good.

My favorite is Sweet Magnolia Brown
    DH likes Seven States

They have some great Seasonal beers too.

5. Mouse14

Mouse14 Wish I was at the Lodge

awesome i cant wait, i like tasting different beers, is this located near the ESPN club?

6. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

It is located a little further down the boardwalk from ESPN. We always eat there on every trip. When the weather is nice we like to eat outside. They don't take reservations but they'll give you a pager and you can pass the time with the entertainment on the boardwalk. :)

7. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

All those trips and you've never eaten at Epcot? Well, you're long overdue:). We love the food and think the service is the best at Tokyo Dining - ask for a seat by the window and you'll have an amazing view:cloud9:

I haven't been able to find any public information about a VWL rehab. Of course, there never really was any about WL (other than from our thread), so it might not be made public. Hopefully, our great DVC posters might know more:listen:

8. Chaoticsweetness

Chaoticsweetness Mouseketeer

I heard that there is a tour of the resort. Is it only offered in the morning? Is it possible to sign up for the tour before arrival? I would love to know, thanks.

9. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Here is the information from the first page of this thread:

WONDERS OF THE LODGE ART AND ARCHITECTURAL TOUR: Free. Wednesday - Saturday at 0900. Meets near the WL main lobby fireplace, one hour.

10. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

Try the new one at Paris.. If you ask for a window seat you can see Illuminations... :lovestruc

11. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

Is this true? You can see illuminations from there? We snagged a 730 for during our upcoming trip and wasn't sure. Although that might be too early...

12. Weluvdizney2

Weluvdizney2 Mouseketeer

We ate at Monsieur Paul last month and it was the best meal I have ever had at Disney! It was pricey, and we were there for about two hours, but it was excellent!

13. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Question.... when you call and verify they have your room preference information a few days before your arrival do you call the regular reservation # or something else? We are staying club level, if that makes any difference.

14. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

15. RedfromNL

RedfromNL Mouseketeer

Totally agree, Tokyo Dining had some good food and superb service! Actually we only booked three meals and this is one of them :thumbsup2

16. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Welcome! No sign-up, just show-up:)

Thank you!

Wow, well that is a resounding endorsement. We may need to try it:scratchin

When you're booked CL, all you need to do is email the IPO - no need to call.

:wave:
    It's ALWAYS a must-do for us, sometimes at both the beginning and end of our trip. We love Asian food and they have the best and most consistent service IMHO, so it never disappoints. CA Grill also has great sushi, but even their service is never as consistently great. Now I'm hungry...

17. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Anyone know .......

Do the deluxe rooms usually fill up during the summer months? Or are they often empty?

18. mommy2twingles

mommy2twingles Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure they fill up quickly at any time of year. I know we booked over a year out and couldn't even get a AAA discount since the max number of discounted rooms were already gone

19. Paul Couturier

Paul Couturier Future Disneymooner

AAA booked our Honeymoon Suite at WL for the last week of Sept 2013 in Nov 2012.....and we got the AAA room discount!

September may traditionally be a low crowd month, but I wasn't taking any chances!!!!

20. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

^^yay for you!:cool1:

21. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

Awesome, Congrats Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.