(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~11/13 - 6/14~

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 5 1/2 weeks until our first WL stay!! :cool1:

Does anyone know the current ME drop off order?? I know it changes from time to time. The last time we stayed at the GF the bus stopped at the WL first, then CR, then Poly, then GF. Hoping it's in that order! :thumbsup2

The ME stopped at the Poly, then GF, then WL before going to the CR on both our February and December trips. :)

I took ds down to the beach tonight and we laid on the loungers and watched the Electrical Water Parade. The fireworks from MVMCP were going off in the distance at the same time. It was wonderful:goodvibes.

Dh spoke to someone at the front desk tonight who said the hotel is at 52% capacity. The parks haven't felt bad at all either. He asked her if this weekend was much busier. She said not really, and that it isn't until the day after Christmas and the week following that they were going to get really busy and hit capacity at the resort.

The berry cobbler at Territory Lounge is marvelous:goodvibes

Both my DH and DIL now rank this as their favorite Disney resort. I love AKL so much, I would have to tie WL and AKL. WL was a comfortable and fun place for the grandkids (almost 8, 6 and 4). They loved the pool and pool slide. All the adults found WL relaxing and beautiful. The lobby was a wonderful place to gather for our 3 room family group. So I would highly recommend WL for anyone with a large family group.

Thanks for posting the detailed trip report. We agree with you about the lodge. We were there in February with two of our grandchildren and they loved the pool, especially the slide. We are planning a return in October. :)

Will return later to multi-quote:)

Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.
AllEars

The ME stopped at the Poly, then GF, then WL before going to the CR on both our February and December trips. :)

I must have the worst luck with ME!! It was last December when it stopped at all 4 and the GF was last. :faint: That was our longest ME ride ever. The stop at the CR took so long with all the traffic getting in & out of there. Hopefully it will at least go to the WL before the CR! :wizard:

Will return later to multi-quote:)

Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.
AllEars

Wow that's a long time each day and for over 2 months?? :(

4 days from now the smells of WL will finally hitt nose. .so excited. Feeling good and goung to start the packing tomorrow.

Cool to hear not overly crowded. ..not that I really care but nice.

For anyone who is there now or recently, have you seen the MK QS discount coupons being distributed yet? A few years ago they were giving them out for around 30% off at non-peak times. Just curious if they are offering them again this Christmas.

Also, has anyone been able to link their Tables in Wonderland to their MagicBands?

Here now. Checked in this morning at 8:30 and rooms were ready. Paid for standard and ended up with beautiful pool views!! One major issue is our magic bands are messed up and linked to wrong people. They told us the only way to fix it is to rebook our whole package. We have to wait until the rest of the family arrives (in-laws were delayed due to de-icing the plane) to do so. I'm afraid of loosing our fast pass plus ride reservations and dining reservations. Fingers crossed it works out and doesn't take forever. Front desk staff is so kind though- I know hey will take care of us. Love this place!!!! I have a love hate relationship with our magic bands.
Welcome home! How great to have your room ready so early. Oh, those Tragicbands:worried:

Keep us posted on your MagicBands! I am terrified the same will happen to us!
I'll post about our experience after our Sunday arrival. I have three different sets due to three WL RO reservations…might be interesting.

Hi! So We are a moderate hotel family (budget reasons) but would love to stay at the WL. My question is..... Would it be worth it to stay my planned 7 nights in A mod - the whole package (DDP, WP&More & 6 park days) and to just end it with ONE xtra night at WL (room only)? Any thoughts? This is really my dream resort -
Welcome to the thread! I say go for it, but know that once you stay at WL, it will be much harder to stay in a Moderate again.

The weather has been rather unpredictable lately. I hope all the plans go smoothly and your trip is great. :goodvibes
Thank you. I can't wait to arrive Sunday and take in all the decorations:hyper:

They rebooked our whole package and tried the bands again but still no luck. Even the old key cards won't work. They said this is the first time their system has given them these errors. They gave us 3 fast pass vouchers and temporary park keys and told us to check back later. I'll keep you updated.
UGH!

So in 2013 I decided to give other deluxe resorts a chance. I visited the Yacht Club, Polynesian, Boardwalk and Grand Floridian. While I had a wonderful time at all of them, I am so very excited to be going home to the WL in March.

I booked WL for March 14-22 and could not be happier.:hippie:
We knew you'd come back home - welcome back!

Hi everyone,

I just came back from the Wilderness Lodge club level. I have been coming to Disney World since 1974, with my first stay at age fifteen with my parents at the campground. My second stay was with my husband in 1984 at the Contemporary in a garden wing junior suite (we loved it, but now it is Bay Lake Towers). In the past year we stayed CL at the Grand Floridian in a deluxe king on the second floor, the Boardwalk Inn CL in a deluxe room overlooking the boardwalk, the Wilderness Lodge in room 7127 (superb) and Yacht Club again with a lagoon view. We have cancelled Grand Floridian in April and transferred to Wilderness Lodge. This resort is definitely our favorite for food, relaxation, cast members, etc. I am surprised this has won out over the GF, but it has. I like the relaxation. the bike rides to the campground, the dog park to visit with the dogs, the visit with the horses, the Hoop Dee Doo, the Territory Lounge, and the general atmosphere of the CL lounge at Wilderness Lodge. It was so intimate. At Yacht Club, they did a fantastic job in the evening with a wine bar set up and a bartender pouring drinks and passed hor d'oeuvre. Very elegant, more so than the GF this year. But for over all getting away from it all, and to experience something truly different, the WL wins hands down and I am returning soon. I just love being in the woods for a vacation, very different for Florida.
Welcome to the thread!

The woods are the BEST! ITA with your WL comments. WL just feels like home and the OFC makes it extra special and welcoming and 7127 is our favorite room, too.

I can't wait to go horseback riding on Christmas. As tame as the ride is, it's so nice riding around FW. And, after all the wonderful TL comments and our recent tour with Ranger Jack, we're really looking forward to trying it. I can't believe we've never been there yet.

So nice you were able to switch from GF to WL and you'll be back SOON! YIPPEE!

In case anyone wanted an update, we got our working magic bands from the front desk! Everything is fixed and we are all set. For those of you worried, even if you encounter a problem, they will fix it with as minimal hassle to you as possible. The only thing still unresolved is our Christmas party tickets that are not waiting for us like they said. Brandon, Kash and Connie at the front desk have been super helpful so we will check on that tomorrow morning when they are back.

For those of you counting down to your stay here, it's amazing. I found my new Disney home!
Great news and great to know - thank you. Kash is always helpful and a wonderful CM. He still works occasionally CL and I believe he is still a Room Assignor, so if anyone could help fix your problems, it would be Kash:thumbsup2. (He loves problems:laughing:)

The berry cobbler at Territory Lounge is marvelous:goodvibes

My family group of 9 arrived at WL on Tuesday December 10. DIL's parents left very early Saturday and the rest of us left on Sunday. I needed 48 hours recuperation before I could write a trip report. Our usual touring group (all with annual passes) is my DH, DIL, 3 grandkids and myself. We loved having DIL's parents with us but it reminded me how overwhelming WDW can be for a first timer. On Saturday my DIL said she felt like she'd gone from 5 children back to 3. DIL's parents had a fabulous time but I was so happy to be free of tour guide responsibilities on Saturday.

A big thank you to all the pre-trip help! After endless agonizing over the great floor plan and aerial views in the first few thread posts, we decided that our group needed 3 rooms in very different areas of the Lodge.

My DH and I were near Otter Pond on the 5th floor (room 5028). DIL, stepson and the two grandsons were on the 4th floor open to the lobby (room 4082). DIL's parents and our granddaughter were on the lobby floor near bus transport (room 2010). DIL's mom used an ECV and her dad toughed it out with a bad hip. So it was a fabulous location suggested by someone in the previous WL thread -- thanks! The location is very convenient the Mercantile, lobby and buses. Also room 2010 did not open directly onto the walking path. It had a tiny little yard with big bushes giving it a sense of enclosure.

My DIL was originally scheduled for a Woods View room but wanted the open lobby view so much, the check-in people were kind enough to downgrade her (and refund us) to a standard view room. It is a bunkbed room, so my 4 and 6 year old grandsons loved that. They did see some of the higher fireworks from MK. They weren't bothered by the murmur from the lobby. There is also 2 rocking chairs just outside the room that got lots of use from everyone in that room.

The Otter Pond room is exceptionally convenient to Roaring Fork. However it is a walk to the lobby. We were worried about overlooking the Villas with the South side Woods View rooms that aren't open to the lobby, so we requested the Otter Pond. But would probably request the South side upper floors for a future trip. We did see fireworks from our room, which was very nice.

Both my DH and DIL now rank this as their favorite Disney resort. I love AKL so much, I would have to tie WL and AKL. WL was a comfortable and fun place for the grandkids (almost 8, 6 and 4). They loved the pool and pool slide. All the adults found WL relaxing and beautiful. The lobby was a wonderful place to gather for our 3 room family group. So I would highly recommend WL for anyone with a large family group.

We did not try Artist Point. We did eat at Whispering Canyon and it was fabulous for my very active grandkids. I thought WC's food was good but I do prefer food that is a bit more exotic. Territory Lounge had wonderful light dining and a very much needed glass of wine to go with the Berry Cobbler. The grandkids stayed with their dad in the room while the rest of us had some quiet adult time at Territory Lounge. Roaring Fork was ok food -- I agree with a previous poster that the menu could use some expansion and so could the space. Dining is where AKL earns its tie for me -- Sanaa, Boma and Jiko are my favorite restaurants at WDW. I also love watching the animals on the Savannah. But I wouldn't protest too much if I get out voted by my DH and DIL and we return to WL on a future visit.
What a helpful TR - thank you! Maybe you could do a two-Lodge split stay next time so you could enjoy the AKL dining and the location/ambience of WL?

I took ds down to the beach tonight and we laid on the loungers and watched the Electrical Water Parade. The fireworks from MVMCP were going off in the distance at the same time. It was wonderful:goodvibes.

Dh spoke to someone at the front desk tonight who said the hotel is at 52% capacity. The parks haven't felt bad at all either. He asked her if this weekend was much busier. She said not really, and that it isn't until the day after Christmas and the week following that they were going to get really busy and hit capacity at the resort.
Very interesting about the capacity. I'll let you know how it is on 12/26, but I'm sure it will be bustling:crowded:. Enjoy the rest of your vacation:goodvibes

4 days from now the smells of WL will finally hitt nose. .so excited. Feeling good and goung to start the packing tomorrow.

Cool to hear not overly crowded. ..not that I really care but nice.
Well, you do know it will be much more crowded when we're there, but we're at the Lodge at Christmas so it's a good crowded:santa:

Hello everyone!
Only 13 more days until our first stay at the WL! and only 6 more until Santa will bring the Disney trip gift to our girls - I can barely stand it!!!!

What am I going to do with myself for 13 more days?? :rotfl:

New video posted on youtube highlighting the 2013 christmas decorations @ WL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn0dRIz_McA

The poster, PopSong1, has many cool videos of different Disney Resorts and the Parks.
Great seeing the lobby and hearing some of the music - thank you for posting the link, crazy4wdw:)

Hello everyone!
Only 13 more days until our first stay at the WL! and only 6 more until Santa will bring the Disney trip gift to our girls - I can barely stand it!!!!

What am I going to do with myself for 13 more days?? :rotfl:
How were you able to keep it a surprise? What an exciting Christmas you're going to have:santa:

I want to add some additional comments on the Wilderness Lodge stay this past weekend. I can't pull up my comments because I am not that computer literate, but I wanted to tell all of you that you are in for a really nice Christmas here. We toured all the resorts and none were decorated as beautifully as the Wilderness Lodge. We did a split stay at WL and YC and I really wish I would have stayed WL club level the whole time. I have seen the WL at Christmas many times, but this year the resort seemed more beautiful than I remember it ever being. We arrived at 9 am and our room was ready, the magic bands worked perfectly, everywhere, and one of the cast members saved us two huge bowls of cobbler that they had for dessert the night before. We were at the Magic Kingdom riding the roller coasters and missed dessert.

We did back to back fastpasses that evening using the magic bands. We were able to schedule them very close together by calling the internet help desk and having them do this for us. We also got fastpasses for Be Our Guest
lunch and the lunch was surprisingly good. We had a roast beef sandwich and a turkey sandwich and the cupcake with grey stuff. The restaurant was very pretty, we ate in the west wing, which is very dark and quiet. We chose this over our original plan to have lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I am glad I did it once, but would rather eat at one of the hotels.

Anyone staying Christmas week is going to have a really good time. Make sure you spend some time at the campground. Take a bike ride over there and visit the dog park and the ponys. See the decorations the campers have set up at night. This is such a good vacation for kids. LOVED IT and we don't have children traveling with us any more.

Soooooo excited. Thanks for the fun video clip and reviews you are sharing

Stopping by to wish all fortunate enough to have precious holiday time with their families at the beautiful lodge...safe travels, and a magical vacation (looking at YOU Queen of Bay Lake :hug:) :santa:

Does anyone happen to know if all of the king bed rooms are strictly handicapped accessible? We have a courtyard view room booked and would love to request a king bed just not sure if it is possible as we don't need a handicapped accessible room?

How were you able to keep it a surprise? What an exciting Christmas you're going to have:santa:

Its been a LONG and hard 6 months...full of continuesly pestering from a 5 year old as to when she would be able to go back to Disney.

It will be all worth it when she gets her little suitcase and dress Christmas morning and a letter telling her that she will go in 5 more night nights.

Been watching the weather and really hope for temps in the 70's. First day is resort day and I hope we can make good use of the pool.

Hello All.....I'm so sorry that I have not posted a reply until now and it will be a quick one as I'm on the clock at work :rolleyes1 I will post a full report later of MY FIRST TRIP TO WDW AND MY WONDERFUL STATY AT THE LODGE FROM 12/6/2013 TO 12/14/2013. We had the best time ever. Thanks to all of the knowledge and help from this and other boards here. We had pixi dust right of off the bat with our lay over from our flight changing from a 2 hour to a 45 minute lay over - long enough to get off 1 plane and on to the next we were supposed to arrive at 6:15 p.m. and we arrived at 4:00 p.m. THE LODGE IS BEUTIFUL. We did rent a car - so travel to the parks was very easy for us. But we did take the boat to MK the 2 1/2 days that we spent there. Pixi Dust there to. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat either way :woohoo: Ok - more later....thank you soo much.

Does anyone happen to know if all of the king bed rooms are strictly handicapped accessible? We have a courtyard view room booked and would love to request a king bed just not sure if it is possible as we don't need a handicapped accessible room?

I do know that there are non Handicapped King rooms available. In general though, your chances of getting a King bed probably increase if you are willing to take a handicapped accessible room. On our honeymoon we had requested a King and got a handicapped accessible room. It was very nice, so that is a good option as long as you can live with not having a bath tub. :thumbsup2

Last day of panic, ummm, I mean, packing. Can't wait to back out of that driveway soon:car: and arrive back home:cloud9:

I want to add some additional comments on the Wilderness Lodge stay this past weekend. I can't pull up my comments because I am not that computer literate, but I wanted to tell all of you that you are in for a really nice Christmas here. We toured all the resorts and none were decorated as beautifully as the Wilderness Lodge. We did a split stay at WL and YC and I really wish I would have stayed WL club level the whole time. I have seen the WL at Christmas many times, but this year the resort seemed more beautiful than I remember it ever being. We arrived at 9 am and our room was ready, the magic bands worked perfectly, everywhere, and one of the cast members saved us two huge bowls of cobbler that they had for dessert the night before. We were at the Magic Kingdom riding the roller coasters and missed dessert.

We did back to back fastpasses that evening using the magic bands. We were able to schedule them very close together by calling the internet help desk and having them do this for us. We also got fastpasses for Be Our Guest
lunch and the lunch was surprisingly good. We had a roast beef sandwich and a turkey sandwich and the cupcake with grey stuff. The restaurant was very pretty, we ate in the west wing, which is very dark and quiet. We chose this over our original plan to have lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I am glad I did it once, but would rather eat at one of the hotels.

Anyone staying Christmas week is going to have a really good time. Make sure you spend some time at the campground. Take a bike ride over there and visit the dog park and the ponys. See the decorations the campers have set up at night. This is such a good vacation for kids. LOVED IT and we don't have children traveling with us any more.
I'm staying Christmas Week:hyper:. You've gotten me even more excited - thank you for the great follow-up about your stay.

I was just telling my family how we HAVE to take a bike ride through FW to see the amazing decorations. I just loved doing that in 2010. FW is like having a whole other vacation right next door. It's so relaxed and really gets you in the Disney and Christmas spirit:santa:

The OFC is a gem and I hope you get to book your return trip soon.

Stopping by to wish all fortunate enough to have precious holiday time with their families at the beautiful lodge...safe travels, and a magical vacation (looking at YOU Queen of Bay Lake :hug:) :santa:
:hug:
Awww, I'm one of those who is very fortunate and I thank you on behalf of all those other fortunate Christmas Lodgers. We can't wait! I'm so excited!

Hello All.....I'm so sorry that I have not posted a reply until now and it will be a quick one as I'm on the clock at work :rolleyes1 I will post a full report later of MY FIRST TRIP TO WDW AND MY WONDERFUL STATY AT THE LODGE FROM 12/6/2013 TO 12/14/2013. We had the best time ever. Thanks to all of the knowledge and help from this and other boards here. We had pixi dust right of off the bat with our lay over from our flight changing from a 2 hour to a 45 minute lay over - long enough to get off 1 plane and on to the next we were supposed to arrive at 6:15 p.m. and we arrived at 4:00 p.m. THE LODGE IS BEUTIFUL. We did rent a car - so travel to the parks was very easy for us. But we did take the boat to MK the 2 1/2 days that we spent there. Pixi Dust there to. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat either way :woohoo: Ok - more later....thank you soo much.
What a great first trip to WDW and you'll have to start planning your second trip soon;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter