(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

I am so glad you shared this, even though it made me cry! What wonderful memories for your family to have. :goodvibes We've taken dh's mother (and other family members) with us on some of our Disney trips, including our son's first one at age 5 (he is now 20), and he now looks back on that fun family time with his grandma, aunts and uncle. It also makes me sad that my parents never took us up on any of our offers to join us! I would've loved for ds to have shared his favorite vacation spot with all 3 of his grandparents, but I'm thankful that at least dh's side of the family chose to enjoy it with us!

Thanks again for sharing your trip and pictures ... we love BLT and the CR, and I enjoy living vicariously through everyone's reports! :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. familygoboston

familygoboston Mouseketeer

thank you, thank you :goodvibes

LOL! What do you mean "a few days away " you are not allowed to have a life!;)
    Thanks! I can't help with the goofy jokes, it's genetic:laughing:

Glad you mentioned the other threads; I recall reading a thread with just pics of the rooms and views, I wanted to post there bit couldn't find it. Thanks for doing that!

The BB, sounds like a wonderful opportunity, if I weren't booked through the end of 2014 with other trips;). As I mentioned, it might be a while before we get back, it's one of the reasons we never did DVC, seems we only get there every 2 years or so.

Thanks for your kind words, if you don't mind a little (more:scared1:) walking , the North tower is a nice location.

4. familygoboston

familygoboston Mouseketeer

Thanks! Yes I think a lot of people (not on these boards obviously) think its a "waste" to take little kids- but like the ad campaign, they grow up pretty fast

5. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Happy Anniversary and glad you had a great trip.

6. DISNEY CHICKIE

DISNEY CHICKIE I'll be on the People Mover....

Hello! :wave2:

First off, I just have to say I absolutely LOVE this thread and I appreciate all who take the time to provide updates and post such wonderful pictures! :goodvibes

So excited as I just booked our annual Disney World vacay and for the first time we are staying at the CR! :woohoo: My son and I are Magic Kingdom freaks, so I am pretty sure this may be our go-to resort from now on! Plus, I have toddler that will be coming along with us next year when she is 4 and I have read that staying at the CR is perfect when vacationing with toddlers! :thumbsup2

We have rode past the CR so many times on the Disney buses....it is a dream come true to actually stay here! pixiedust: I booked a TR with BLV as the only MKV available was club level. I was wondering if anyone tell me if there are there any rooms in the TBL that I may request that you can possibly peek at the castle? Or just any recommendation on the good floors, rooms...etc? :confused3 ....or just any advice for first-timers staying at the CR! :yay:

Thank you! Your help is much appreciated! :worship:

7. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Absolutely beautiful!!! :beach: And well deserved for a fabulous lady :yay: Thanks for the pictures!!! And upgrade and no tower!! That's great!

8. Doryln

Doryln Earning My Ears

Cool! How did the upgrade come about? What was your original reservation for? Curious as I am checking in there in a few days!!

9. tommylicious

tommylicious Earning My Ears

Anyone got a copy/photos of the room service menu at the Contemporary Tower? Thanks.

10. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

11. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

"Other trips?" You do know that you're not allowed to travel anywhere else but WDW? DH and I LOVE being able to walk at WDW whenever possible. DD14 on the other hand...:rolleyes:

Welcome! CR is perfect with kids and being able to walk to the MK, boat to FTW and WL and monorail to three other resorts is so convenient. You're going to have a great first-time visit.

The BLV Tower rooms face toward Bay Lake, and unlike BLT, there aren't any BLV rooms that you would be able to see the castle from. However, you can see the nightly Electric Water Pageant from all BLV Tower rooms. If you did book a BLV CL room, you could see Wishes and the castle from the lounge. There is also a 4th floor observation deck where you can sit and watch the castle or Wishes, though it has been closed due to the roof construction.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

:wave:

I'm not Linda, but she booked a Deluxe Garden Wing room for her anniversary (for 2 or 3 nights?) and was upgraded at check-in to the one bedroom suite in the Garden Wing and given CL access.

dansdad, I just have to say how great it is that you're always so timely in posting links to what's usually on the first page of my threads. Thanks for all your help and everyone else who helps answer questions:thumbsup2

tommylicious: Welcome to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread!

12. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

:hug:

13. RunningWithScissors

RunningWithScissors Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

The more I come to this page and read, the more excited I get for our trip in 2 weeks!!:cheer2:

Thank you to all the people who have given such wonderful advice and spent so much time on this thread. It is very much appreciated!! :)

14. Princess Olivia

Princess Olivia DIS Veteran

Hi! Last time we stayed at BLT we checked in at CR. We usually have a car service and are at the resort around 11:00 am. Should I be checking in at BLT? On line check in isn't taking my Disney visa. I called and it was added but it still looks like I haven't completed on line ck in. Is there an advantage to checking in on line?

We purchased our park tickets directly through Disney and when we get to BLT we want to have them added to KTTW cards. Can BLT do this or should we check in at CR?

Random questions. Do we purchase resort mugs at Contempo cafe? Can we order room service at BLT or is it only at CR?

Thanks for any information! Love reading everything :thumbsup2

15. HokieKT

HokieKT Earning My Ears

Called to book a backup room at the contemporary for my trip late January - no garden wing rooms available! This far out? I still am hoping I can do a point rental with Davids but I wanted a backup plan. Even the disney guy I spoke with thought that was unusual. Is there an evert I don't know about January 26-31st?

16. jdcthree

jdcthree DIS Veteran

That sounds normal to me. Garden wing rooms are very popular.

17. WDWKOOK

Two weeks will fly by. I hope you'll post about your stay when you get a chance:)

I would check in at CR since the concierge is located there and they can add the tix. The bellman can bring your luggage from CR to BLT or you can check in at BLT if you prefer.

You'll need to get your mugs at the CC. You can order room service from CR at BLT. Don't worry about OCI. It shouldn't be too bad checking in around 11 unless a large group of ME arrive . OCI just pre registers your credit card and gets your info. packet prepared before arrival, which isn't a big deal to do in person. You'll still need to place any room location requests in your reservation since OCI doesn't really let you do that.

That is far out. Could be a convention block:confused3. I checked and there aren't any marathons then. Hmmm...

18. jdcthree

jdcthree DIS Veteran

In January garden wing rooms for early December were already gone. I thought garden wing rooms were the first to go and assumed it was normal.

Edited to say garden WING rooms. I don't know why I typed view.

19. amos07

amos07 Mouseketeer

Hey everyone, figured this might be the best place to see if anyone has any experience. We are booked in one of the Contemporary Garden View Deluxe Rooms for May 13th-20th. The 60 day online check in is coming up and I don't know whether it's best for me to check in online or to just check in there. We really don't wan't to be switched to a tower room because we have 3 adults, a 3 year old and a 1 year old and the extra space is going to be a lifesaver for naps/bedtime. We also have a request in for the ground floor and I know that some have said that online check in they often put requests second and focus more on getting you into your room earlier. Anyone have any experience/input?

20. WDWKOOK

Welcome! it won't hurt anything to do OCI. As long as your request of a ground floor is in your reservation, the room assignor will see it whether you do OCI or not.

There are only 3 Deluxe rooms and I've not heard of guests being moved to the Tower after booking a Deluxe room and even if you were, you wouldn't have to accept the upgrade. I'm certain you already know this, but the sleeper sofa is in the same room as the King bed, unlike a BLT one bedroom for example, where there is a separate master bedroom with a door.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your Deluxe room!

21. amos07

amos07 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for your response! Yeah I unfortunately couldn't get a one bedroom like we had hoped on the pin code I had so figured this would be the next best thing so that we could position the pack n play off somewhere so it's not right up against a bed. It was hard to not go with a magic kingdom view but I think this makes more sense for us now. I was worried the upgrade may happen if they overbooked that room or something, dunno if that's even possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.