(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the bathrooms in the studios have those magnifying mirrors mounted in them? I use one at home to apply make-up and some hotels do have them so I thought I'd ask the experts before I bring my own! ;)

Airgoofy & toniosmom...Thanks so much for your replies. Seems like I have a lot of great options.

This may seem like a silly question, is there an easy way to get from pool at BLT or the Contemporary resort pool to the BLT rooms without having to go through the Lobby areas. I hate trudging thru the lobby in my swim wear & cover up.

Airgoofy & toniosmom...Thanks so much for your replies. Seems like I have a lot of great options.

This may seem like a silly question, is there an easy way to get from pool at BLT or the Contemporary resort pool to the BLT rooms without having to go through the Lobby areas. I hate trudging thru the lobby in my swim wear & cover up.

If you are staying at the CR pool, you will walk outside back to BLT. They entrance under the sky bridge opens right up to the elevators - so no lobby. If you are at the BLT pool, you could enter back into BLT to get to the elevators into the lobby. But, no not fret. The lobby at BLT is extremely small. Or, you could walk all the way around to the front of BLT outside the building and enter under the sky bridge. Or, you could enter thru the Community Hall, exit into the hallway, and short walk down the hallway/rooms to the elevator.

That all makes perfect sense to me but sounds confusing. You'll see it once you get there. Enjoy.

Do the bathrooms in the studios have those magnifying mirrors mounted in them? I use one at home to apply make-up and some hotels do have them so I thought I'd ask the experts before I bring my own! ;)

I know the CR rooms have them mounted to the side wall in the bathrooms...not sure about BLT, but I'm thinking it would be likely.

Has anyone used DME from CR/BLT with an early departure time? We depart from MCO at 8:30 am. What time should I expect the DME pickup? And is airline check-in an option at the resort for such an early flight?

Just an FYI, the 4th observation deck is closed. It is being used as a staging area for the 14th floor construction.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you, Melissa.

I am pretty sure they are working on the 11th floor, note the mesh covering.

Love your spy cam:tiptoe:

BLT experts please recommend a quiet area to rest & relax after arrival if villas is not ready ?

My flight departs upstate NY at 5:20 AM and arrives at MCO at 10:30 AM, on a Sunday and I plan to take ME to BLT, and if villa is not ready will need a place to rest/crash.

Also would consider a quiet place at one of the other monorail resorts. Would like to do EMH that night at MK, but will need a nap and some serous relaxation to make to 1 AM.
You can also grab a rest in a lounger out on the sand at BLT. It's relatively quiet, right behind the pool. If there isn't a convention going on, the convention level at the CR is usually dead and has cozy sofas everywhere. You could also book a spa treatment at the GF;). You probably won't arrive at BLT till close to noon, so your room might actually be ready. If not, don't always rely on the text to let you know since that method isn't always reliable.

I just wanted to add a data point for a question I raised a few months back. Yes, the Contemporary (and any Disney Resort for that matter) will transfer your bags for free to the Swan/Dolphin.

Did this on Dec. 29, 2012. CL concierge was unaware, but was confirmed with the Bellhop desk. Bags were at the Swan/Dolphin waiting for us upon arrival!
Thank you and welcome.

I don't think the Studios have them. I looked at photos of the sink area and I didn't see the mirror on the wall, only a towel holder.

Has anyone used DME from CR/BLT with an early departure time? We depart from MCO at 8:30 am. What time should I expect the DME pickup? And is airline check-in an option at the resort for such an early flight?
Here is the DME INFO from the first page:

1. Reserve Disney's Magical Express Transportation when you book online or by calling (407) WDW-MAGIC or (407) 939-6244.

2. Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, skip baggage claim and proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will collect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 3 hours after you check in at the resort. Luggage delivery service provided by Disney's Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motor coach.

3. International Guests flying into Orlando International Airport from another country must follow the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process and claim luggage after disembarking the plane. After completing the process, proceed to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney's Magical Express service will recollect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 4 hours after you check in at the resort.

4. Sit back and relax as Disney transports you to your Disney Resort hotel in an air-conditioned motor coach.

5. As your vacation draws to a close, you'll receive a Transportation Notice advising you of the pick-up time and place for your motor coach ride back to Orlando International Airport. Please note that it is your responsibility to bring your luggage to the pick-up point. Please note that you cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motor coach to have your luggage transported to a Walt Disney World hotel.

They pick-up about 3 hours prior to your departure and they start at 0500 at MCO, so you should probably be picked up at CR around 0530. Here is the RAC INFO:

RESORT AIRLINE CHECK-IN:

If you're departing domestically on a designated airline, enjoy the convenience of Resort Airline Check-in Service, which allows you to receive your return boarding pass and check luggage at your Walt Disney World hotel, bypassing airport check-in completely.

Simply visit the Resort Airline Check-In Desk up to 3 hours prior to your flight departure time. A valid government issued photo I.D. and your KTTW card are required to participate.

bigAWL said:

You'll be picked up around 5:30am, give or take 15 minutes. The airline checkin desk should open at 5am. You have to checkin at least three hours before your flight so you should be fine if you do it right after they open.

Does the large armchair in the living room of the 2 Bedroom villa pull out to a single bed? The website says it sleeps 9 but won't let me book 4A and 5K. It only lists 1K, 2Q, and the Q pullout couch. Maybe the ninth has to be in a crib?
Thanks!

I'm finding it hard to resist the lure of CR for spring break:rolleyes1. I really want to try a FWC and thought I'd be fine with it since it's on Bay Lake, but... stay tuned...:blush:

Kook, stay strong! Or as I already mentioned, invoke the s-p-l-i-t !! FWC, then end at CR CL with a bang.. well I know nothing is avail now, but as you *might* realize, people do change all the time! :rotfl2:

I realized its hard not too think of CR since we are privy to Melissa's great pix!:thumbsup2

The POP Princess, hostess with the mostess is over on Bay Lake:thumbsup2. Thank you for stopping by, Janet:goodvibes, I'm so glad you approve of the new thread. It was a labor of love and I hope reflects how much I love CR and BLT.

::yes:: And the thread absolutely reflects it. :goodvibes This POP princesses loves it. :flower3:

Yes, vintage Mickey was so happy at the CR - he must have been ordering a room service chocolate monorail:scratchin

:goodvibes With himself as a conductor! :goodvibes

Please POP in anytime and don't be a Bay Lake (or Crescent Lake) stranger, my friend:hug:

The thread is dangerous...it's got me thinking of a night or two... oh but Sam does love the Poly... hmmm .... CR is definitely on my bucket list though!! :goodvibes

:rolleyes1

So, I have come to this awe-inspiring Mistress Kookarama CR thread armed with questions.

I'm contemplating either a Garden Wing (Water View) or a Garden Wing Deluxe. The Garden Wing appeals to me due to the consistent "quiet" description I've been encountering in most reviews. I'm not sure what to do about the Deluxe bit though. Can anyone shed some light on the regular vs. deluxe as it pertains to the Garden Wing?

Also, more importantly, does anyone happen to know if they include the Deluxe rooms in the general public "room only" discounts they offer throughout the year?

This is going to be a Maybe-Sorta-Almost-Surprise birthday quick-trip for the hubs. The idea of quiet coupled with walking to MK for the MNSSHP is super-enticing, I must admit.

popcorn::

Thank you muchly for any tidbits CR experts. :goodvibes

Personal opinion here that the deluxe is not worth it.

It's just a bigger room. You can actually get a better view in a regular Garden View room

5. As your vacation draws to a close, you'll receive a Transportation Notice advising you of the pick-up time and place for your motor coach ride back to Orlando International Airport. Please note that it is your responsibility to bring your luggage to the pick-up point. Please note that you cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motor coach to have your luggage transported to a Walt Disney World hotel.

They pick-up about 3 hours prior to your departure and they start at 0500 at MCO, so you should probably be picked up at CR around 0530. Here is the RAC INFO:

RESORT AIRLINE CHECK-IN:

If you're departing domestically on a designated airline, enjoy the convenience of Resort Airline Check-in Service, which allows you to receive your return boarding pass and check luggage at your Walt Disney World hotel, bypassing airport check-in completely.

Simply visit the Resort Airline Check-In Desk up to 3 hours prior to your flight departure time. A valid government issued photo I.D. and your KTTW card are required to participate.

You'll be picked up around 5:30am, give or take 15 minutes. The airline checkin desk should open at 5am. You have to checkin at least three hours before your flight so you should be fine if you do it right after they open.

Thanks for the replies. I was just really unsure if thery got started that early. I'll make sure to check in for the airline right when they open. Ugh, that's early!

Personal opinion here that the deluxe is not worth it.

It's just a bigger room. You can actually get a better view in a regular Garden View room

Ah, so other than the bigger room, the views aren't as nice? The furnishings are the same, is that right?

Finally got the site working, and it looks like they've got pictures of both. I can see what you mean. :scratchin

Does the large armchair in the living room of the 2 Bedroom villa pull out to a single bed? The website says it sleeps 9 but won't let me book 4A and 5K. It only lists 1K, 2Q, and the Q pullout couch. Maybe the ninth has to be in a crib?
Thanks!
Yes, that is actually a bed:

BLT1BRSTD.jpg

(DISboards photo)

Kook, stay strong! Or as I already mentioned, invoke the s-p-l-i-t !! FWC, then end at CR CL with a bang.. well I know nothing is avail now, but as you *might* realize, people do change all the time! :rotfl2:

I realized its hard not too think of CR since we are privy to Melissa's great pix!:thumbsup2

The thread is dangerous...it's got me thinking of a night or two... oh but Sam does love the Poly... hmmm .... CR is definitely on my bucket list though!! :goodvibes
Tell Sam that DD LOVES CR and BLT. But, DD doesn't like splits anymore or maybe she never liked them and I forgot to ask her?:scratchin

:rolleyes1

So, I have come to this awe-inspiring Mistress Kookarama CR thread armed with questions.

I'm contemplating either a Garden Wing (Water View) or a Garden Wing Deluxe. The Garden Wing appeals to me due to the consistent "quiet" description I've been encountering in most reviews. I'm not sure what to do about the Deluxe bit though. Can anyone shed some light on the regular vs. deluxe as it pertains to the Garden Wing?

Also, more importantly, does anyone happen to know if they include the Deluxe rooms in the general public "room only" discounts they offer throughout the year?

This is going to be a Maybe-Sorta-Almost-Surprise birthday quick-trip for the hubs. The idea of quiet coupled with walking to MK for the MNSSHP is super-enticing, I must admit.

popcorn::

Thank you muchly for any tidbits CR experts. :goodvibes
:wave: Welcome back, my resort conflicted friend! Your KOOKisms crack me up.

There are only two bookable GW views: STD and Garden, no water. You can request a Bay Lake View, however, you might end-up with a pool/garden or canal/trees.

MAGICitis will be staying in a Deluxe GW room soon and I hope she'll offer up a little TR for us. Your DD would have to sleep on the pullout sofa as there is only a King bed. Many moons ago, I did have a CR Deluxe booked with a discount, Linda could tell you if she booked with an AP or FL Resident.

Feel free to ask more questions:goodvibes

Thanks for the replies. I was just really unsure if thery got started that early. I'll make sure to check in for the airline right when they open. Ugh, that's early!
You're welcome.

Ah, so other than the bigger room, the views aren't as nice? The furnishings are the same, is that right?

Finally got the site working, and it looks like they've got pictures of both. I can see what you mean. :scratchin

Here are the links from the first page Deluxe room section for the Deluxe room video and photos:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/08/contemporary_resort_part_two_1.html

We're playing thread-tag, Kook. :rotfl:

It's set for October 26th - 30th. Garden Wing - Garden View room. (I've got a slight mental issue (read: all-out strange) with the kiddo being nearest the door so the deluxe floor plan weirded me out. :crazy2: :scared: )

King bed as a request, perhaps... if we were lucky enough to get one, those rooms have daybeds, right? Do you or any of the fellow CR experts happen to know the prevalence of connecting doors in the Garden Wing?

I need some of this :coffee: and I'll be perusing all the first page greatness you've shared with us.

We're playing thread-tag, Kook. :rotfl:

It's set for October 26th - 30th. Garden Wing - Garden View room. (I've got a slight mental issue (read: all-out strange) with the kiddo being nearest the door so the deluxe floor plan weirded me out. :crazy2: :scared: )

King bed as a request, perhaps... if we were lucky enough to get one, those rooms have daybeds, right? Do you or any of the fellow CR experts happen to know the prevalence of connecting doors in the Garden Wing?

I need some of this :coffee: and I'll be perusing all the first page greatness you've shared with us.
Congratulations! Don't worry about the thread tag as your news bears repeating.

Our absolute favorite GW room was a ground floor room we had once that directly faced Bay Lake. Since it was on the end, I don't believe there was a connecting door - it was perfect. DD was able to walk right out to feed the ducks:

IMG_1462-1-1.jpg

IMG_1459-2.jpg

Congratulations! Don't worry about the thread tag as your news bears repeating.

Our absolute favorite GW room was a ground floor room we had once that directly faced Bay Lake. Since it was on the end, I don't believe there was a connecting door - it was perfect. DD was able to walk right out to feed the ducks:

IMG_1459-2.jpg

That is a great shot. Love that view in the evening over the lake. Your dd looks she was having a lot of fun. I hope those were not venomous ducks. :lmao:

Thanks!
We stayed in a 1 BD villa and the chair did pull out into a bed just like WDWKOOK's picture shows.

The Agent Education Program just moved us from CR to AKL - boo! Looks like I will have to wait to do CR until 2014 when we are hoping to stay at BLT. Thanks, everyone!

I just posted this on my trip report but thought it was relevant here too ;)

I just talked to our mousekeeper and she told me that the bed linens are staying the same (they are fairly new) but the mattresses and box springs are being replaced as well as the headboards and carpets. I talked with a manager who said the 11th and 12th floor are still considered construction zones so they cannot bring me up there :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter