1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

The Atrium Club rooms (12th floor) are not being refurbished, just the lounge. The Tower Club rooms and suites (14th floor) are being refurbished.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Yes, you are correct. The point of my post was that I had called to inquire about the status of the atrium lounge being opened when DH and I check-in 21 Feb since that is a big part of why people pay more to be on the 12th or 14th floor.

I was also encouraging the other thread follower to call before their visit to clarify if the rooms in the tower and garden wing which are scheduled for "soft goods replacement" during their stay in March would be available. The CR is really good about taking request from guests.

Page 1 of this thread is excellent on the updates to the CR happening this year as are the Disney folks when you call.

4. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Welcome! I've only stayed in a One-Bedroom, but the BLT Studios are actually smaller than a CR STD Room. I believe they did reconfigure the Studio's sink/vanity area, but I don't recall exactly what was changed. Hopefully, someone else will:listen:
    No photos - yet - sorry.

:hyper:

So they didn't explain to where the lounge would be relocated? Good suggestions:thumbsup2

Thank you, Gryhndmom:)

5. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

The bathroom sink/vanity is in the same room as the little kitchenette. No worries, the more I think about it, it might be pretty handy! I can make toast and shave at the same time! lmaooooooooooo :rotfl2:

6. cadale

cadale Mouseketeer

We stayed in a BLT studio in October 2012 and the bathroom sink was in the bathroom. The kitchenette area just has a small counter space on the wall opposite the kitchen sink and cupboards. I am assuming they have all been changed like this.

7. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

Maybe they changed since the pics I seen were taken?? We won't sweat the small things anyway.

8. Georgi Zhukov

Georgi Zhukov Earning My Ears

You're very welcome. And you are in for an absolute TREAT with your MKV room. Watching Wishes from your room balcony every night never gets old. Spectacular! :worship: Cheers!

Yup Kook, the second-guessing started by the wife and kids (and me) less than an hour after we booked! :)

9. sydjim

sydjim Earning My Ears

[/QUOTE]

Monorail Bob's dd....I also am a Disney TA...I saw the FAM trip advertised but won't be able to make it. Was wondering, if the atrium club is open by then (which it should be) if you get to go up and check it out, if you could post some pics? THANX!

10. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

They changed it so there is a sink in the bathroom and a kitchen sink. It does make for limited counter space in the bathroom and I would use the counter in the kitchen to put on makeup as there is a mirror there as well.

11. WDWKOOK

:rotfl2::lmao:
    ...A little shaving cream in your coffee, honey?

12. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

I am looking to book an 8 day trip at BLT for next January so I am subscribing and hope to read more over the next few days.

13. WDWKOOK

:welcome: and happy BLT planning!

14. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Kook :wave2:

Stopping by to say what a fantastic job as usual, oh mighty Queen of the FAQ threads!! :worship: How do you do it??? :flower3:

LOVE, LOVE all the pix especially the B&W vintage pix!! ::yes::

One day we will stay there ... sure DH and DS will like it (Sam and I already do :))

15. WDWKOOK

I'm finding it hard to resist the lure of CR for spring break:rolleyes1. I really want to try a FWC and thought I'd be fine with it since it's on Bay Lake, but... stay tuned...:blush:

The POP Princess, hostess with the mostess is over on Bay Lake:thumbsup2. Thank you for stopping by, Janet:goodvibes, I'm so glad you approve of the new thread. It was a labor of love and I hope reflects how much I love CR and BLT.

Yes, vintage Mickey was so happy at the CR - he must have been ordering a room service chocolate monorail:scratchin

Please POP in anytime and don't be a Bay Lake (or Crescent Lake) stranger, my friend:hug:

16. HokieKT

HokieKT Earning My Ears

Where is the best place for the pack and play in a studio? We will have a 3 yr old on the pullout sofa.

Many thanks. We are going Jan 2014.

17. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

This thread is absolutely amazing! Thinking about possibly renting points to stay at BLT in June. My question is can anyone recommend a good standard studio location? Also for buses to AK and HS. Do you have to go thru CR to get to the buses, or can you just walk out the front of BLT to get to them?

Thanks! :)

18. toniosmom

toniosmom AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

The bus stop is located at the Contemporary, but it's in front on the side nearest to BLT, so it's really close.

19. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

Thank you!

20. WDWKOOK

I don't have an answer, but hopefully someone else will. :welcome: to the thread and the DIS!

Thank you so much and welcome:) The BLT Room View thread is a great place to get location ideas. The only time you'd want to go through the CR is if it were pouring and you didn't want to get wet. Just exit out the CR "check-in"/"lobby" door on the right, right after Bell services where the port cochere is and there is a covered walkway to the bus stop.

:thumbsup2

21. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Kookster....popcorn::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.