(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question....and I don't know if anyone has the exact answer, but I'll give it a go....

We've been to BWI twice now and it's definitely our favorite resort (and we've stayed at 13 WDW resorts total!). However, on our 2 trips, we've been blessed with CL and a BoardWalk view. We're contemplating an upcoming trip and I don't foresee CL or a water view in the cards. I know many BWI standard view rooms overlook the quiet pool, honeymoon cottages, Eiffel Tower, or even the courtyard on the Crescent Lake side...and any of those would be delightful. But I'd honestly be really disappointed if we got a view of the parking lot, the roof of the convention center or the access road. I know you can make requests, but I also know that a request is just that, and there are no promises. Does anyone have a rough idea of how many standard-view rooms overlook the more undesirable areas? We'd be going during a quiet time, so I'd hope that if our view was lousy, we'd have the opportunity to be moved. I'm also not opposed to making a game-time decision to upgrade to a non-CL water-view room..but looking at how the place is designed, I'm guessing there aren't too many of those.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Quick question....and I don't know if anyone has the exact answer, but I'll give it a go....

We've been to BWI twice now and it's definitely our favorite resort (and we've stayed at 13 WDW resorts total!). However, on our 2 trips, we've been blessed with CL and a BoardWalk view. We're contemplating an upcoming trip and I don't foresee CL or a water view in the cards. I know many BWI standard view rooms overlook the quiet pool, honeymoon cottages, Eiffel Tower, or even the courtyard on the Crescent Lake side...and any of those would be delightful. But I'd honestly be really disappointed if we got a view of the parking lot, the roof of the convention center or the access road. I know you can make requests, but I also know that a request is just that, and there are no promises. Does anyone have a rough idea of how many standard-view rooms overlook the more undesirable areas? We'd be going during a quiet time, so I'd hope that if our view was lousy, we'd have the opportunity to be moved. I'm also not opposed to making a game-time decision to upgrade to a non-CL water-view room..but looking at how the place is designed, I'm guessing there aren't too many of those.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

I have only stayed on the villa side, but we almost always do standard view, so I have had many views of the driveway LOL. Honestly it doesn't bother me at all, we like to watch the comings and goings, it can be rather amusing sometimes.

I believe the rehab started in 2009 and was complete in early 2010. We stayed at the villas in Jan '10 and were in a rehabbed room.

We were unable to reserve a villa at GCH so just had a room for 5 days. By the end, it seemed very small. And I had to hoof it for laundry. You will enjoy the villas--extra TVs, extra BRs, etc. There is only one toilet and shower--and they are in the same room-- in the 1 BR part, but there are two sinks. And the one sink has a big vanity so two people could work at the same time if they didn't both need a sink.

Stick with the villa. Take extra detergent and dryer sheets though.

12 days is a long time....

I noticed on the online check-in there is a request tick box for rooms on the ground floor, are these popular or is the request there for pushchair/wheelchair users? I really don't want to stay in one as I have a crawly phobia but there isn't a request box for a higher floor, I'm just hoping that they are popular and I have a greater chance of getting a good night's sleep and not worrying about sharing my bed with the cast of a bugs' life :(

Great photos btw, I'm getting all excited about my trip now :)

I noticed on the online check-in there is a request tick box for rooms on the ground floor, are these popular or is the request there for pushchair/wheelchair users? I really don't want to stay in one as I have a crawly phobia but there isn't a request box for a higher floor, I'm just hoping that they are popular and I have a greater chance of getting a good night's sleep and not worrying about sharing my bed with the cast of a bugs' life :(

I would call and request a higher floor. For us, it's privacy, even with sheers (dumb BLT no sheers, but that's a different issue), I like to have everything open, and if people are walking by with a first floor room, we feel like zoo animals on display. :)

I would call and request a higher floor. For us, it's privacy, even with sheers (dumb BLT no sheers, but that's a different issue), I like to have everything open, and if people are walking by with a first floor room, we feel like zoo animals on display. :)

Thank you so much, I will do that :thumbsup2

Good morning ladies & gentlemen!

WDWKOOK we added a day, could you change my start date to 8/8? I was able to snag air on Allegiant for $79 per person, where USAir on 8/9 was running between $271-$371 (yes, one way!) Even adding in the $135 shuttle from Sanford & having to get a room the 1st night, we come out ahead.

No idea where we'll be the 1st night, there is no availability at BW or at any DVC studio that I'm interested in, so it will most likely be Swan or Dolphin. I have enough Starwood points for a free night. Sounds like a no-brainer, free room right? I was really hoping a BCV studio would open up that I could rent someone's last minute points, that way the kids could use SAB 8/8 and 8/9 (and have BW CL on 8/9...best of both worlds!) I'll give it another few weeks of watching DVC, if not, S/D it is!

Amazing thread as always WDWKOOK! Thanks for all of your hard work!

We're excited that our first DVC point rental experience will be at BWV from December 12 - 15 (it's a split stay with POFQ from Dec 8-12)

We really wanted to do the whole stay at BWV, but we booked too late.

Can you add us?

Hi all, I've been following these threads for a while and have found them to be very helpful in planning our Boardwalk trip! We will be staying at the Boardwalk July 29-Aug 6 for our Disneymoon! So excited! I do have one question. DF and I typically stay at value resort, and we always loved coming back from the park and grabbing something to eat in the food court. I know there isn't anything like that at the Boardwalk. Are we going to be disappointed or will places like Boardwalk Bakery make up for it? Thoughts, opinions from any food court fans?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

Just wanted to let you know to pls take me off the BWI Sept list we ended up changing to CR!
You've been moved over from Crescent to Bay Lake:)

geez, can't believe it was only a month ago that DD & i returned from the "greatest place on earth": the BoardWalk :cloud9: the parks are just added attractions for us (tho we love the strolls to/fro EPCOT & DHS); it's the BW that we really go on vacation for.

so:
10/05 - 10/12 BWV studio, BW view
10/12 - 10/15 BWV studio, garden/pool view (waitlisted BW view, of course:))

just DH & I, on our annual F&WF relaxing, meeting up with friends, playing mini-golf, no real plans trip
:welcome:
Sounds so relaxing! I'll update the BB with your dates.

Our group will be at BWV 11/12/13 to 11/26/13... Really enjoy reading everyone's post and looking at pics.
:welcome:
What a great, long vacation:goodvibes

I am doing my first stay at the Boardwalk in December (1st - 4th) I have a reservation for a 1 BR Villa, garden/pool view. I am so looking forward to this. :woohoo:

Any info/suggestions for room requests?
Welcome and I'll add you to the BB:)

We are waitlisted to stay at BWV Villas January 18-25, 2014 and January 18-23 with a split stay at BLT January 23-25, 2014. Worse case if the waitlists do not come through we will be at BLT January 19-25, 2014 just hoping to save some points and stay at a new resort for our family at BWV. I am hoping once the booking window opens up next week for the Grand Floridian Villas that many BWV reservations will open up :goodvibespixiedust::goodvibes and our one of our waitlists will come through.
I hope you get your WL. Let us know when your dates are confirmed.

Just see time schedule for that day
:welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread!

I missed the start of this thread as we were at the DLR to try something new. It was also great in its own way.

Our stay will be Oct. 17-21, BWV, 2BR, BW view. DH's 40th celebration.

Funny enough we have to return to MCO the following weekend for a wedding in Daytona Beach. October has turned into a Florida month.

There is a BW view picture somewhere in this thread, I thought. I will die if that is our view....pixiedust:
:welcome: and you've been added to the BB.

A month of FL sounds great and being at DLR is a legitimate excuse for missing the start of this thread.

We are here now and have a village green view. We see a few high fireworks at 9 from Epcot and we can see most of the magic kingdom fireworks at 10. It's nice.
I hope you are having (or had) a wonderful vacation.

Sept 7-14th BWV 1 bedroom, standard view, can't wait!!!!
What a great time to be at WDW and I've added you to the BB.

We are staying at the BW at the end of October....cant wait!
Congratulations and I think the weather will be lovely then.

I have requested Village Green for our stay in October - I can't wait! Hope we can see some of the fireworks and some sort of the Boardwalk - but hey - I will be staying at BWV :) so it will be amazing :cheer2: I have only been to WDW one other time. I stayed at and loved OKW...but have wanted to stay at BWV since that trip in 2011...113 days!!
Congratulations and welcome! I'm glad you get to stay at the resort you've wanted to since your last (and first) visit.

We are doing a split....FW cabins first, then on to a villa. We'll leave on Tuesdayish - maybe Wednesday - and go to the cabins. Hubby won't come in until Friday night. We'll check into unknown villa on Saturday. We'll be there 12 days...give or take, so yes we'll need the washer/dryer. The kids LOVE FW because there's soooooo much to do without going to the parks. Golf cart, Chip n Dale, campfire, movie night, fishing, swimming, archery, MBYBBQ....you know how I love that place ;) It's a great place to relax and basically do nothing :laughing: Still leaning heavily towards BWV.
YES! You NEED the W/D so villa it is. I didn't know that you were splitting with FW. Have you thought about 6 nights BWV and 6 nights BLT?:scratchin

Really like the panoramic:)

It's so early, only the elephants are awake. :)
HA! And they're always ready for a vacation;)

Lots of First Grade humor here:clown:

Online check-in is very restricted in what you can request. You always need to make sure that all of your requests are placed in your reservation by calling the WDTC, emailing the IPO (for CL) or have your TA call. The OCI system does offer some popular requests, but they don't list all possibilities and sometimes the choices don't even make sense.

I agree with psac on the high floor (5th floor) request - better view and no one clomping around above you.

Ditto to this!! (Except for the name typo. ;) ) I think WL is your fave. :thumbsup2
Overall, I think you're right. I think their CL is the best and it's a great value. too. I also love the theming, amenities and location. But, that doesn't mean I don't like other resorts, hence the resort changing tendencies.

Good morning ladies & gentlemen!

WDWKOOK we added a day, could you change my start date to 8/8? I was able to snag air on Allegiant for $79 per person, where USAir on 8/9 was running between $271-$371 (yes, one way!) Even adding in the $135 shuttle from Sanford & having to get a room the 1st night, we come out ahead.

No idea where we'll be the 1st night, there is no availability at BW or at any DVC studio that I'm interested in, so it will most likely be Swan or Dolphin. I have enough Starwood points for a free night. Sounds like a no-brainer, free room right? I was really hoping a BCV studio would open up that I could rent someone's last minute points, that way the kids could use SAB 8/8 and 8/9 (and have BW CL on 8/9...best of both worlds!) I'll give it another few weeks of watching DVC, if not, S/D it is!
Great airfare! I've amended the BB and added that you have no idea where you're staying the first night. Homeless Shelter? Bus terminal? 7-11? Let us know when you have this all squared away:)

I'll be at BWV from oct 23-28 celebrating my bday 2 weeks early!
WOOHOO! You've been added to the BB and I hope you have a great vacation!

Amazing thread as always WDWKOOK! Thanks for all of your hard work!

We're excited that our first DVC point rental experience will be at BWV from December 12 - 15 (it's a split stay with POFQ from Dec 8-12)

We really wanted to do the whole stay at BWV, but we booked too late.

Can you add us?
Thank you so much and welcome, Tehanna! Of course I added you:goodvibes. Splits are like two vacations in one and you're doing it in the right order so I think you'll be just fine.

Hi all, I've been following these threads for a while and have found them to be very helpful in planning our Boardwalk trip! We will be staying at the Boardwalk July 29-Aug 6 for our Disneymoon! So excited! I do have one question. DF and I typically stay at value resort, and we always loved coming back from the park and grabbing something to eat in the food court. I know there isn't anything like that at the Boardwalk. Are we going to be disappointed or will places like Boardwalk Bakery make up for it? Thoughts, opinions from any food court fans?

So glad you've found the thread helpful and welcome! Your Disneymoon has been added:love:

Besides the BB, you could also stop by the Swolphin and BC for a snack. Epcot also has many snacking options. If you book an Innkeeper's Club room, you would have desserts and alcoholic beverages from 8-10 in the lounge or even grab them and bring them back to your room;)

Glad you're having fun! For a minute I thought the sombrero was real. :). Of course you can use any of my pics as you see fit. I thought it was cool seeing some of my other old pics on the front page already! I have to try to take some good VWL (hard with only one day) or CR pics (no stays planned, and I never seem to take good pics of it) to make those threads. :)
Forgot to quote this earlier, but I'm going to take you up on your kind photo offer and use this opportunity to encourage you to post your VWL photos to the WL thread:thumbsup2

YES! You NEED the W/D so villa it is. I didn't know that you were splitting with FW. Have you thought about 6 nights BWV and 6 nights BLT?:scratchin

Yes...that would be quite nice. But hubby says I'm on a budget for this trip :confused3 The nerve of him! Seriously though, the kids want to go back to FW and it is half the cost of a villa....or maybe 3/4 the cost! We'll be there for 4 nights then venture over to the unknown villa -preferably BWV. Who knows?! Definitely a villa, though.

Yes...that would be quite nice. But hubby says I'm on a budget for this trip :confused3 The nerve of him! Seriously though, the kids want to go back to FW and it is half the cost of a villa....or maybe 3/4 the cost! We'll be there for 4 nights then venture over to the unknown villa -preferably BWV. Who knows?! Definitely a villa, though.
Think I misunderstood. I thought you were staying 12 nights in a villa, so that's how I came up with the 6/6 split. Sorry for going hog wild with your vacation funds! So it's 8 nights in a villa? Still a doable 4/4 split:rotfl:

You know I love the FW area and I think it's great the kids want to go back and, you won't have to share that double with Bill again, right?

You might consider a grocery store run or Garden Grocer at the beginning of your stay so you have snacks in your room. The refrigerators at BWI are a little bigger than the fridges in the value resorts. We like to order from Garden Grocer, getting adult beverages, cheese, yogurt, chips, etc. It doesn't really take the place of a meal, but takes care of night time munchies.

Also, as Kook pointed out, you are so close to Epcot that it is easy to swing over there to pick up foods after days at other parks. Coming back to BWI from after MK, my DH would always want to take the monorail to Epcot and then go to Norway or France for something yummy to eat.

Online check-in is very restricted in what you can request. You always need to make sure that all of your requests are placed in your reservation by calling the WDTC, emailing the IPO (for CL) or have your TA call. The OCI system does offer some popular requests, but they don't list all possibilities and sometimes the choices don't even make sense.

I agree with psac on the high floor (5th floor) request - better view and no one clomping around above you.

Thanks, we are staying in the villas so if I call and request, 'high floor close to elevators', does this make sense? Can I also do online check-in with this request already made on the telephone as we won't be there until gone 8pm and DD is a CM and will be staying with us but will probably get there before us if she's on an early shift, the reservation is to be on my credit card as her limit won't cover it :).

We stayed at Pop and ASMusic and Sports before buying DVC at BWV, and did not miss the food in the food courts. As others have mentionned, there are several options in that area. Have a great trip.

Thanks, we are staying in the villas so if I call and request, 'high floor close to elevators', does this make sense? Can I also do online check-in with this request already made on the telephone as we won't be there until gone 8pm and DD is a CM and will be staying with us but will probably get there before us if she's on an early shift, the reservation is to be on my credit card as her limit won't cover it :).
Yep, just call and ask them to add that request to your reservation. The room assignor will see it as long as it's in there at least 5 days prior to arrival. You can still do OCI and designate any credit card you'd like. When DD checks in on the same reservation, the card you designated in OCI will be used for charges to the room. When you check-in they may ask to see the card, I can't recall because I've only done OCI (for the fun of it) with CL stays and they were room-only reservations. If you made your reservation with the WDTC, they should have asked if you wanted to use that same credit card for charging while staying at BWV, but you can designate it on OCI, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter