(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There! This is a really great thread! So much information! I read through the first page and loved looking at all of the pictures. I do have a question though...I feel guilty asking there is so much info here :) We are thinking of doing SWW in 2015, which is so far away, I know, but I am new to DVC and trying to wrap my brain around planning for points...So I went on the site and saw that I would most likely be able to get any view I want for the weekend I want to go. This is DS's birthday and we plan to stick to mostly SWW, we will have just gone the month before for 10 days. Is there a better view to get for walking to DHS everyday? For Instance are pool views closer (or farther) from DHS? Or is it all relative and it doesn't really matter? From what I understand there can be some pretty long walks here. I don't mind walking, but I think we are going to try for RD everyday and I don't want to have to usher us out the door 15 minutes earlier just to walk through the resort. The point savings isn't as important to me (I don't think anyway)...:confused3

I'm sorry to ask you..but what is SWW?

I think they had some default, either the name on the reservation or the My Disney Experience username, but you can change it to anything up to a certain number of characters, at least 8, but not many more if any. But it would definitely fit WDWKOOK, Kookster, Mr. Kook (for DH), etc. :)
:rotfl:
I think you just made these plastic bands of frustration slightly more appealing:thumbsup2

I know this has probably been asked many times, but how would I go about shipping a pkg to Boardwalk and what address would I use?? Does anyone know the fees?

Thanks so much
:)This is from the first page HERE:

SHIPPING:

The mailing address is:

Disney's Boardwalk Inn
2101 North Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Include your name, check-in date, and reservation number on the label. You may have to pay a fee at pick-up since BWI is a convention resort, but some resorts you don't pay a fee.

Shipping and Postal Services:

Send and receive packages of all sizes during your stay at Walt Disney World Resort.

Parcel Handling (Incoming and Outgoing):

Your package can be picked up from or delivered to most locations at Walt Disney World Resort. You must be present to accept delivery. Handling fee covers one pickup or delivery only. (Contact the Front Desk if your Resort hotel does not have a Business Center.)

For same-day shipping, outbound parcels must be received in the package room by 4:30 PM Monday – Friday. Items received after 4:30 PM on Friday will be shipped on Monday unless special handling has been requested. Saturday shipping services are available until 11:30 AM with advance notice. Special rates apply.

Guests may drop off their completed/called-in packages at the Front Desk or Concierge. The Front Desk/Concierge will deliver them to the Business Center for shipping at no additional charge. Or if you prefer, you may bring your packages to the Business Center yourself.

Unless specified, all items sent from Walt Disney World Resort will be sent by air courier service, unless otherwise specified by the Guest.
Parcel Handling Fees

Handling fee includes receipt of item from carrier, storage for up to 3 days, onetime Guest package delivery or pickup, placing item with carrier for shipment, and tracking. Postage is not included.

Envelope: $3.00
Small Box: $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
Med Box: $5.00 (5 lbs – 20 lbs)
Large Box: $10.00 (21 lbs – 70 lbs)
Golf Club: $10.00
Display Cases: $15.00
Pallets: $70.00 per 100 lbs
Prices are subject to change

We are here!! We are here!! We are here!!!
:yay:

I am here! I got my first MB, which wasn't without a little trouble. Since I only made the reservation two days ago, I had to get one of the gray ones at the front desk. They seemed to have a lot of trouble programming it, and when I got to the room, it wouldn't open the door. Fortunately the KTTW did open it, but I had to go back by the front desk again on my way to Epcot to get it fixed. They have been encouraging me to get my AP put on it, but since this is the last trip before my current AP expires, I think I will wait on that.

For anyone that is curious, I made my reservation and turned right around and did online check in. I made a request for a ground floor room during check in, and got my request. I know room requests are important to some of you, so I wanted you to know it's possible even on short notice.

There was a message on the phone when I got back to the room last night that there will be some kind of planned computer outage starting this evening and going through tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what that's about, but if you're checking in during that time, I thought you might want to know.

Off to get breakfast now . . . .
Great information and how has your vacation been so far?

So excited to join you. We are booked at BWV for February 8-15. This will be our second trip so we are excited to get back and do some favorites as well as some new things. My youngest hasn't been and my other 2 are at a better age to remember. Kids at trip time will be almost 7, 4, and almost 2. Our oldest and youngest have birthdays in feb/mar so this is to celebrate.
:welcome: to the thread!

Make sure the birthdays are noted in your reservation:)

Back to reality today.
We loved our stay at BWV. Sadly we don't have a new countdown yet. I never leave without a new countdown! Oh well I'm sure I'll get one soon!

I wanted to share a tip for anyone staying in the villas. Perhaps this is posted here already but just in case ....
Use the stairwell near room x121 (where x = your floor #) to access Luna Park OR the bus stop. You can see the exit to Luna Park but if you go out to the hallway where the rooms are, go down and you'll see the double doors to the front - where you'll see the DVC welcome mat. This takes you to a sidewalk that quickly brings you to the bus stop. You don't have to walk all the way to the lobby and then down to the bus stop.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need clarification.
Thanks for posting the stairwell information and hurry up and get another ticker!

Just back today after spending 6 days at BWV.
Pools both quiet and Luna park were not crowded at all.
Bakery - no lines in the AM but we're pre-RD people so maybe later it got busy after folks recovered from F&W.
There was tons of staff on at the Concierge Desk and the front desk so we never had to wait when we had a question.
We know the rooms around us were occupied but we never saw or heard anyone around us! We were alone in the hallways alot.
Sounds perfect:love:

Staying club level at BWI. Any stairway secrets folks can share?
Though I've never used it, I think there might be a staircase by the suites that you can use. Hopefully, someone who's used it will clarify.

Hi There! This is a really great thread! So much information! I read through the first page and loved looking at all of the pictures. I do have a question though...I feel guilty asking there is so much info here :)

We are thinking of doing SWW in 2015, which is so far away, I know, but I am new to DVC and trying to wrap my brain around planning for points...So I went on the site and saw that I would most likely be able to get any view I want for the weekend I want to go. This is DS's birthday and we plan to stick to mostly SWW, we will have just gone the month before for 10 days. Is there a better view to get for walking to DHS everyday? For Instance are pool views closer (or farther) from DHS? Or is it all relative and it doesn't really matter? From what I understand there can be some pretty long walks here. I don't mind walking, but I think we are going to try for RD everyday and I don't want to have to usher us out the door 15 minutes earlier just to walk through the resort. The point savings isn't as important to me (I don't think anyway)...:confused3

Personally, I think that the difference between the furthest and closest rooms would be negligible in getting to DHS. I think you'll find them all very convenient, but someone else might have a different opinion. I would book the view you would like and not worry about the view in relation to walking time to DHS.

Personally, I think that the difference between the furthest and closest rooms would be negligible in getting to DHS. I think you'll find them all very convenient, but someone else might have a different opinion. I would book the view you would like and not worry about the view in relation to walking time to DHS.

Thank You!! Am I correct that the DVC side is the side with Luna Park, or are they all mixed together, bwv and bwi? I have only been to the boardwalk once in my life and I was not paying any attention to the room area...I hate when that happens :rolleyes2

Thank You!! Am I correct that the DVC side is the side with Luna Park, or are they all mixed together, bwv and bwi? I have only been to the boardwalk once in my life and I was not paying any attention to the room area...I hate when that happens :rolleyes2
This color coded map shows the location of both BWV and BWI rooms:

WDW_BW.jpg

And this is an out of date BWV map:

Disney's_BoardWalk-SITE.jpg

Does anyone know where the 2bdrm suites are or what number they are. I think there are 2 of them. I'm just trying to figure out on the map where we are..

TIA

Does anyone know where the 2bdrm suites are or what number they are. I think there are 2 of them. I'm just trying to figure out on the map where we are..

TIA
I only know of one room number and they have Courtyard/Garden/Epcot views. This is from Cara Goldsbury's site:

Two-Bedroom Suites with 1,288 square feet offer a small parlor decorated in soft green and gold and furnished with a sleeper sofa, coffee table, easy chair, desk, bureau with built-in, flat-screen TV, and small dining table for four. There's also a wet bar with microwave and small refrigerator with a half bath off the foyer. French doors lead from the living room to the standard-size master with king bed and walk-in closet, and a cream-toned marble bath featuring a whirlpool tub, separate commode area, double sinks, shower, and mini-TV. Opposite the living area is a standard guest room with two queen beds. There are three balconies, and all have a view of the gardens. Suite number 4205 has a bonus of a view of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular, but loses points with its view of two satellite dishes and a slice of the road; good nighttime view, but not so great during the day. All have a view of the gardens.

Today is my last day - back to work tomorrow. I had a couple more issues with the MB, but they had everything ironed out by yesterday and it's been working fine ever since. My door appears to be a little finicky - the band has to be positioned just so for it to work. I haven't used touch to pay with it on this trip.

My mousekeeper has been excellent this trip. Nothing is worn or in need of replacement. It's been a great little getaway.

Next trip is BC but I'll be back at BW in January!

Any pictures of the 2 bedroom at BWV? We are staying there for the first time and I'm curious as to what the rooms are like.

Today is my last day - back to work tomorrow. I had a couple more issues with the MB, but they had everything ironed out by yesterday and it's been working fine ever since. My door appears to be a little finicky - the band has to be positioned just so for it to work. I haven't used touch to pay with it on this trip.

My mousekeeper has been excellent this trip. Nothing is worn or in need of replacement. It's been a great little getaway.

Next trip is BC but I'll be back at BW in January!
Last days are hard, but knowing when you're returning helps:thumbsup2

Any pictures of the 2 bedroom at BWV? We are staying there for the first time and I'm curious as to what the rooms are like.
They are on the first page and hyperlinked in SUITES in post #1.

ETA: My mind was on the two bedroom suites, sorry. Let me see if I can find some...

Found some on the first page HERE.

I only know of one room number and they have Courtyard/Garden/Epcot views. This is from Cara Goldsbury's site: Two-Bedroom Suites with 1,288 square feet offer a small parlor decorated in soft green and gold and furnished with a sleeper sofa, coffee table, easy chair, desk, bureau with built-in, flat-screen TV, and small dining table for four. There's also a wet bar with microwave and small refrigerator with a half bath off the foyer. French doors lead from the living room to the standard-size master with king bed and walk-in closet, and a cream-toned marble bath featuring a whirlpool tub, separate commode area, double sinks, shower, and mini-TV. Opposite the living area is a standard guest room with two queen beds. There are three balconies, and all have a view of the gardens. Suite number 4205 has a bonus of a view of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular, but loses points with its view of two satellite dishes and a slice of the road; good nighttime view, but not so great during the day. All have a view of the gardens.

Thank you WDWKOOK ;)

So excited to visit WDW again!! It's been awhile-2008!!

First time @ BWI & I'm so scared...we we're upgraded to CL our very first stay & haven't looked back..now, we were upgraded to the suite that I've been begging my Financial Advisor..whoops..I mean DH & he, of course, said no to the price ;( Now we've been upgraded..how do I go back, lol!!

Who knows, maybe we'll finally buy into DVC someday & have extra space or rent points..who know, right? Lol

I'll be sure to take some pics & send an update from the world :-)

Just popping in to mention that I saw on another website forum where permits were filed yesterday for a room rehab at Boardwalk. Permits were also filed yesterday for room rehabs at Coronado Springs, Grand Floridian, and Yacht Club. very interesting.....:scratchin

Just popping in to mention that I saw on another website forum where permits were filed yesterday for a room rehab at Boardwalk. Permits were also filed yesterday for room rehabs at Coronado Springs, Grand Floridian, and Yacht Club. very interesting.....:scratchin
Thank you for reminding me about that and it's nice to see you over here, Amanda!

The list of permits is located HERE.

I accessed the actually Permit/Notice of Commencement dated 10/17 and the only description in the permit is "Room Rehab." The land description is: BoardWalk Inn Guest Rooms.

It also states: The expiration date may not be before the completion of and final payment to the contractor, but will be 1 year from the date of recording unless a different date is specified... 09/27/2014.

I interpret that as meaning the expected completion will have to be before 9/27/14, but an actual start date is not given, so I assume it will begin soon since the commencement/permit was approved on 10/17. The last BWI room rehab was in 2009.

Thank you for reminding me about that and it's nice to see you over here, Amanda!

The list of permits is located HERE.

I accessed the actually Permit/Notice of Commencement dated 10/17 and the only description in the permit is "Room Rehab." The land description is: BoardWalk Inn Guest Rooms.

It also states: The expiration date may not be before the completion of and final payment to the contractor, but will be 1 year from the date of recording unless a different date is specified... 09/27/2014.

I interpret that as meaning the expected completion will have to be before 9/27/14, but an actually start date is not given, but I assume it will begin soon since the commencement/permit was approved on 10/17. The last BWI room rehab was in 2009.

Great info - thanks!!

I think you just made these plastic bands of frustration slightly more appealing:thumbsup2

Another thing to make them less frustrating us when/if you make FP+ selections, remember the times they initially give you (which are usually terrible), are just a starting point. Accept them, and then go change them to the times you actually want. We were able to get a great schedule that way. I'm actually excited about it, and happy not to have to run to TS Mania. :). (Though we probably will still do it anyway, walk on, then use our FP+ reservation!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter